RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
wobbly

Taranaki TR

This club is a serial offender in the anti-punter stakes.

True rail position 5 of 17 over previous 12 months...is there an issue? or can they just not cope with their date allocation?

I can understand having it +12m in august with horses going slow enough for it not to matter...but in November????

Riccarton, Trentham and a few others can get away with that malarchy but honestly they'll need side-cars on Friday to get around the corners...and the smart punters, the turnover drivers, will merely turn the page to Saturday.

True rail position 5 of 17 over previous 12 months...is there an issue? or can they just not cope with their date allocation?

I can understand having it +12m in august with horses going slow enough for it not to matter...but in November????

Riccarton, Trentham and a few others can get away with that malarchy but honestly they'll need side-cars on Friday to get around the corners...and the smart punters, the turnover drivers, will merely turn the page to Saturday.

Fair comment - especially the last one about turning the page. I gave up betting on that track a couple of years ago

And they have reverted to charging a gate entry - only $5 but these are mainly maidens and I don't believe charging to get in is the way to get people back on track - it's okay for Premier meetings whereby you see quality horses racing - no offense to anyone who has a horse in at Taranaki. I thought they were only do this when the RWC was on but looks like they are continuing with the practice.

When you think you can go to ALL meetings at Alexandra Park without paying even for Premier Nights.

And they have reverted to charging a gate entry - only $5 but these are mainly maidens and I don't believe charging to get in is the way to get people back on track - it's okay for Premier meetings whereby you see quality horses racing - no offense to anyone who has a horse in at Taranaki. I thought they were only do this when the RWC was on but looks like they are continuing with the practice.

When you think you can go to ALL meetings at Alexandra Park without paying even for Premier Nights.

Charging at the gate is in the guildlines of NZTR to drive the public away from attending racemeetings as will the introduction of Monday racing. They want to steamline racing for the on line punter and maybe in the future they will run races without horses having to attend the meetings as well with digtial images of horses racing. Taranaki race as many times as they can with pushing the rail out to form a goat track, with limited numbers going round when if they used other tracks in the area to spread the industry days out it would be better for their track as well as keeping racing in taranaki area.

They charge at the gate to cover the cost of the band etc.

Fair enough. I would not complain about that.

At Ellerslie on Derby Day last year there was no live music, it has been replaced with a commentary on the "Fashions in the Field'. Which would I much rather have?......... "Live Music", at least the muscians had the manners and respect for the thoroughbred fans to only play between the 'on course' races.

Good post.

I rarely have a bet when clubs dick around with the rail.

When will this industry ever learn, it's about the punter.