Join Pondy's Fantasy Football League...Details In The Thread Below
Gruff

Warriors

On 4/13/2024 at 7:40 PM, Gruff said:

So he makes contact with his boot after he has  kicked it...wanker

100% Gruff! No respect for Johnson after that "dive" and all the writhing around on the ground to milk the penalty. 

Just tuned into ZB, talking to George about the success of the club, am I missing something here?

Yep they are giving it a go, but success, won't take too many more wins to cool the fire, if they make top 8 they will have done well, by their normal standards.

On 4/14/2024 at 6:21 AM, mikenz said:

So whats your point, you don't like the draw, don't think Warriers will make semis, hard to follow your comments sometime.

I try to leave that to the reader.( may be only a handful 🤣 )If you can see the point your on the same page, if not, hey. My Comments are easier to follow than the 'Wahs'  surely 😆

On 4/22/2024 at 7:33 PM, Gruff said:

St George were not that good, Warriors were average to poor  ....makes the Roosters 1.50 a must in this week's multis

The Warriors looked good last season and looked Grand Final contenders at one point . What's happened?  The 1.50 they were Giving away at St George yesterday  was only a reflection of the hype around the warriors. Titans +11.5 $1.92 looked inviting

Af least Auckland has the Blues to get excited about, then the ABs at Eden Park, all the hype over the Warriers, a bit of overkill, if they maintain their position on the table as last year that would be a major effort.

And I'm not knocking them, just stating the obvious.

Even tho its early days in the season , early signs def not good and don't deserve a pass mark .

It seems IMO they are using the same playbook from last season on attack and are too predictable - missing Luke Metcalf 's speed on attack , just dropping bombs are too easily defused , plus having Johnson running the ball and getting caught on tackle 4 too many times does not help either .

But I'd rather be a Warriors fan than a Souths fan at the mo - they are just awful

Just my thoughts

's 

On 4/26/2024 at 1:55 PM, foxmerts said:

Even tho its early days in the season , early signs def not good and don't deserve a pass mark .

It seems IMO they are using the same playbook from last season on attack and are too predictable - missing Luke Metcalf 's speed on attack , just dropping bombs are too easily defused , plus having Johnson running the ball and getting caught on tackle 4 too many times does not help either .

But I'd rather be a Warriors fan than a Souths fan at the mo - they are just awful

Just my thoughts

's 

Foxy you are tuned in .Warriors have their grand final tomorrow and at 2.35 the Knights will give you an early Xmas present... Stop.paying League players unless they perform.... 🙄...i have never seen so many shithouse teams early season in the NRL.... are they Punting?

On 5/4/2024 at 7:29 PM, Gruff said:

Foxy you are tuned in .Warriors have their grand final tomorrow and at 2.35 the Knights will give you an early Xmas present... Stop.paying League players unless they perform.... 🙄...i have never seen so many shithouse teams early season in the NRL.... are they Punting?

Triple got on

He's making Plenty

. Made me laugh how the warriors were going on about the play were Zelezniak launched over his opponent who had no choice but to defend himself which was made clear by the in goal camera.... then didn't mention the chain of penalties for 'no apparent reason against the Knights in the last 15..... commentators wearing Warrior Colour glasses are becoming boring... If they beat the Roosters Biden will take on Trump in a Debate..🤣

.....How could that ever  be a penalty try?  Even allowing for the 'Grey area' if you lauch over another player for a high ball without any 'arms' from the defender your chances of Scoring are slim to none as contact is inevitable...anyone advocating for this are Dreeeeeeeaming...or Desperate...this team needs a real Miracle ...Johnson  peaked last year

1 hour ago, Gruff said:

.....How could that ever  be a penalty try?  Even allowing for the 'Grey area' if you lauch over another player for a high ball without any 'arms' from the defender your chances of Scoring are slim to none as contact is inevitable...anyone advocating for this are Dreeeeeeeaming...or Desperate...this team needs a real Miracle ...Johnson  peaked last year

Never truer words spoken Gruff--I watched the replays ( never watch those Warrior clowns match-time) and the Knights player at worst was defending himself from Z coming down from orbit, and at best was trying to help Z to the ground. He never actually tried to tackle him and Z was going to drop the ball in any circumstance!

Warriors showing their true whinging spirit after believing too much of their own Press. Getting payback from the Gods after Johnson's "dive" against Manly.

Yeah Chev, if you watch Johnson in general play he is always looking for an 'edge' or a penalty...that is NOT how an X factor player operates . If this is what  the Coach 'accepts ' he is a fly by nighter....wooden spoon with that attitude

Can The Warriors Still make the 8 ? Would be a Major shock, once they get back on the road they will settle in the bottom 4 comfortably ,a couple of gritty wins at home  have given the faithful new life and good on them....but  a string of losses looms

8 hours ago, Gruff said:

Can The Warriors Still make the 8 ? Would be a Major shock, once they get back on the road they will settle in the bottom 4 comfortably ,a couple of gritty wins at home  have given the faithful new life and good on them....but  a string of losses looms

Oh I dunno Gruff 

Normanly I agree with 99.9% of what u say but bottom 4 is a bit rich .

Next 14 rounds they only face 5 current top 8 teams , troops will be returning from injury and expect ( hope ) a streak emergong ont the SOO series 

BUT this is the Warriors we are talking about and the curse could still strike

13 hours ago, foxmerts said:

Oh I dunno Gruff 

Normanly I agree with 99.9% of what u say but bottom 4 is a bit rich .

Next 14 rounds they only face 5 current top 8 teams , troops will be returning from injury and expect ( hope ) a streak emergong ont the SOO series 

BUT this is the Warriors we are talking about and the curse could still strike

Foxy you cannot take away what we have seen from this side, they have been "winning" somehow.....how that translates is unknown but only due to the weird but gritty nature of their unexpected wins.....logic says no way they make the 8 but the universe seems swayed by 'faith"no matter how misplaced it seems by Realists....what is the difference in a Pro Sport league?.....The Fan Base must count because on paper they cannot be getting these positive results

23 hours ago, Gruff said:

Prior to this past weekend, they had only won one game at home (the other wins all away). They're well above 'bottom four', so be prepared for a major shock Gruff. It must disappoint you that nobody, no person, no horse, no jockey, no team, no living thing, can ever meet your expectations. 

I've said it before and I will say it again, the Warriers will have done well if they make the top 8, that is also looking a tall ask as well.

Sellout crowds for the last 3 games, one would imagine tickets would be giveaways when many see the light.

Meanwhile boring old Rugby keeps chugging along with the ABs and Blues winning in front of full houses.

On 5/29/2024 at 7:40 PM, Idolmite said:

Prior to this past weekend, they had only won one game at home (the other wins all away). They're well above 'bottom four', so be prepared for a major shock Gruff. It must disappoint you that nobody, no person, no horse, no jockey, no team, no living thing, can ever meet your expectations. 

You do Mites,can always count on you for  some good constructive criticism  They are playing two cellar dwellers at home next few weeks and the faithful will expect two comfortable wins...but with  the Titans demolition makes it a must to score BIG wins with differential being their most serious problem for the uphill fight to make the payoffs....never say never with this side but without a kicker grit and determination will only get you so far. Jockeys are incredible,but we all make mistakes, and  in the public eye with hard earned money on the line but surely  you have to expect mug punters  to throw in their 2c....if high expectations are no met 😆

7 hours ago, Gruff said:

You do Mites,can always count on you for  some good constructive criticism  They are playing two cellar dwellers at home next few weeks and the faithful will expect two comfortable wins...but with  the Titans demolition makes it a must to score BIG wins with differential being their most serious problem for the uphill fight to make the payoffs....never say never with this side but without a kicker grit and determination will only get you so far. Jockeys are incredible,but we all make mistakes, and  in the public eye with hard earned money on the line but surely  you have to expect mug punters  to throw in their 2c....if high expectations are no met 😆

Not having a third-string kicker with the other two regular boots out injured has certainly been costly.