RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Iraklis

Cambridge Slot Races

The heat is on for The Race, I love it, I love it, I love it,  2 more entries for the Pacers and 1 more for the Trotters to go 😃 guys, 'its a preferential draw for mares, and 3yr olds'....2200m blast round Cambridge, surely there's a coupley out there who could fit the bill? tiz gettin excited for this race night, gawd I hope Oscar's on song for this, MarkP and Nat, guys please please please do yuh best for the boy, he's just gotta be in it....havin said that, who else is there from Camp Kiwi? look, there is a formidable crew comin from Oz shores, reckon we got it covered in the Pacin section, but we're a tad short in the Trottin section; c'mon, we just gotta put up a decent front, draw a line in the sand...it's it's mandatory, hell, it's tradition 🤣

Cheers Iraklis

2 hours ago, Iraklis said:

The heat is on for The Race, I love it, I love it, I love it,  2 more entries for the Pacers and 1 more for the Trotters to go 😃 guys, 'its a preferential draw for mares, and 3yr olds'....2200m blast round Cambridge, surely there's a coupley out there who could fit the bill? tiz gettin excited for this race night, gawd I hope Oscar's on song for this, MarkP and Nat, guys please please please do yuh best for the boy, he's just gotta be in it....havin said that, who else is there from Camp Kiwi? look, there is a formidable crew comin from Oz shores, reckon we got it covered in the Pacin section, but we're a tad short in the Trottin section; c'mon, we just gotta put up a decent front, draw a line in the sand...it's it's mandatory, hell, it's tradition 🤣

Cheers Iraklis

Oscar will be back. I would forget about the last run, wet track and a tie up issue. He'll be hard to beat in the Slot with gorgeous Natalie aboard. Just Believe is coming my old mate. He bolted in again last Saturday night at Melton. Jogging! It will be a great race.

By the way mate, what is the field size for the Slots? Personally, I think the field should be eight runners maximum. Cambridge is a tight frontrunners circuit and if fields too big many will not get a chance.

Oh boy guys we gave a race on our hands, appears South Coast Arden is the last confirmed for Pacers field 🤗 oh geez, that's gunna make things even harder on me nerves....the final field: Old Town Road, Merlin, Don't Stop Dreaming, Mach Shard, Sooner The Bettor, Rock N Roll Doo, Self Assured, South Coast Arden, Speak The Truth, Better Eclipse

Cheers Iraklis

50 minutes ago, Iraklis said:

South Coast Arden is the last confirmed for Pacers field 🤗 oh geez, that's gunna make things even harder on me nerves..

SCA had a go at it the first time round in the Big Grin Race a couple of years back,  and unplaced behind Self Assured. so calm the nerves mate as SCA is older and wiser (and slower) so probably won't get a slice of the Pie this time round.

Sadly,  Queensland  is Not sending the Interdominion Champ over (Leap To Fame) ....as winning enough with Miracle Mile's and that sort of thing lately anyway . so here's his 'Understudy' for you Rakman. this bloke (looking very stunning too)  will tingle your nerves back into shape with a blistering win ... all over rover....😁

Speak-The-Truth-11.jpg.16504e54f6bae8ddd15c3b8ee687da79.jpg

1 hour ago, Iraklis said:

Oh boy guys we gave a race on our hands, appears South Coast Arden is the last confirmed for Pacers field 🤗 oh geez, that's gunna make things even harder on me nerves....the final field: Old Town Road, Merlin, Don't Stop Dreaming, Mach Shard, Sooner The Bettor, Rock N Roll Doo, Self Assured, South Coast Arden, Speak The Truth, Better Eclipse

Cheers Iraklis

Amazing that your old fav South Coast Ardern is back my old mate. I didn't see that happening, but I suppose the Kennard's got plenty so can afford to bring him back. And don't let Mangos near the horse.

Don't Stop Dreaming stands out if he draws favourably but the rest of the field even and no surprise to see any of them make the top three. 

You'll need a good nerve tonic, Iraklis mate. 

Edited by Thejanitor
spelling

17 minutes ago, Pure Steel said:

SCA had a go at it the first time round in the Big Grin Race a couple of years back,  and unplaced behind Self Assured. so calm the nerves mate as SCA is older and wiser (and slower) so probably won't get a slice of the Pie this time round.

Sadly,  Queensland  is Not sending the Interdominion Champ over (Leap To Fame) ....as winning enough with Miracle Mile's and that sort of thing lately anyway . so here's his 'Understudy' for you Rakman. this bloke (looking very stunning too)  will tingle your nerves back into shape with a blistering win ... all over rover....😁

Speak-The-Truth-11.jpg.16504e54f6bae8ddd15c3b8ee687da79.jpg

Leap To Fame - Interdomion champion, Miracle Mile winner, Hunter Cup 2024 winner. He's done enough Pure mate. A short spell will do him good. Could we see Leap to Fame at Addington, Cup Day, November 12? NZ Metro club should be doing everything they can to get him here. 

33 minutes ago, Thejanitor said:

Leap To Fame - Interdomion champion, Miracle Mile winner, Hunter Cup 2024 winner. He's done enough Pure mate. A short spell will do him good. Could we see Leap to Fame at Addington, Cup Day, November 12? NZ Metro club should be doing everything they can to get him here. 

Just being freshened up for July is LEAP TO FAME. '$1/4 million Blacks A Fake group 1' at home at Albion. Last year the future 2023 NZ Cup winner Swayzee did beat Leap To Fame in that race.... because Grant Dixon's wheel got fouled 300m out and the tyre and tube locked up a wheel . still ran 2nd even after all that. and they want some redemption for that bad luck.  guess they will see about the Cup after that.

3 hours ago, Pure Steel said:

Just being freshened up for July is LEAP TO FAME. '$1/4 million Blacks A Fake group 1' at home at Albion. Last year the future 2023 NZ Cup winner Swayzee did beat Leap To Fame in that race.... because Grant Dixon's wheel got fouled 300m out and the tyre and tube locked up a wheel . still ran 2nd even after all that. and they want some redemption for that bad luck.  guess they will see about the Cup after that.

Yes, the Queensland Carnival in July is a cracker!! Leap to Fame hard to beat but I'm sure Grimson will have a runner or two?

4 hours ago, Iraklis said:

Wonder who the last Trotter will be? I really hope it's a Kiwi 😄

Cheers Iraklis

The guts fell out of the trotters races in NZ when Sundee's Son broke all the 'hearts' and 'wills' of the trotters for 2-3 years. crushed em... except Bolt maybe who alas got injured.... and You're not recovered yet.

Mark even refused to take him on with Oscar in one Dominion H'cap as didn't want to give his horse a heart/gut buster in vain. Paid off too, as with Sundee retired Mark trotted to an easy victory in the Dominion last November.

What have you got ?  Midnight Dash ?  ran 2nd the other night in fast class? but hasn't won in past 2 seasons chasing stable-mate Muscle Mountain and Oscar all the time. 

Greg Sugar's trotter JUST BELIEVE only beaten once in the past year  (by tha Froggie trotter when they ran twice on one night) ) i  so am fairly sure the Slot Trot will be a Just Believe Win 🏆, He is quite a machine and just Puts out a 27 second last quarter every start , no matter the distance or position , and it's Just to much for the opponents to try and match. he's the Aussie equal of Sundee's Son

27 minutes ago, Pure Steel said:

The guts fell out of the trotters races in NZ when Sundee's Son broke all the 'hearts' and 'wills' of the trotters for 2-3 years. crushed em... except Bolt maybe who alas got injured.... and You're not recovered yet.

Mark even refused to take him on with Oscar in one Dominion H'cap as didn't want to give his horse a heart/gut buster in vain. Paid off too, as with Sundee retired Mark trotted to an easy victory in the Dominion last November.

What have you got ?  Midnight Dash ?  ran 2nd the other night in fast class? but hasn't won in past 2 seasons chasing stable-mate Muscle Mountain and Oscar all the time. 

Greg Sugar's trotter JUST BELIEVE only beaten once in the past year  (by tha Froggie trotter when they ran twice on one night) ) i  so am fairly sure the Slot Trot will be a Just Believe Win 🏆, He is quite a machine and just Puts out a 27 second last quarter every start , no matter the distance or position , and it's Just to much for the opponents to try and match. he's the Aussie equal of Sundee's Son

The drop in numbers of open class trotters is just symptomatic of current conditions. We've always had the superior champs (e g., Lyell Creek, Monbet, Marcoola) and they are aspirational to all of us in the industry.  But with dropping owner (=horse) numbers combined with the harshness of the rating system on any good performer, in the last decade many of our potential open class trotters either went quickly to the broodmare paddock after earning black type as juveniles, or have been exported. 

Hey Nell, don't forget the mighty Speedin Spur 🤗 he blasted home to win the Great Southern Star on Oz soil.....Pure mate we got enough Ozzies in the Trottin section 😆 am hopin that a nice Kiwi can show summit Sat, or in the Flyin Mile....

Cheers Iraklis

27 minutes ago, Iraklis said:

.Pure mate we got enough Ozzies in the Trottin section 😆 am hopin that a nice Kiwi can show summit Sat,

I guess if there's one slot left they'll look at whatever runs second to Muscle Mountain in the Group 1 Nz Trotting Championship running on Saturday night.

Muscle Mountain just adds another win to his fine record , drawn 1 in that trot. Galloping is the only way he could get beat. 

LOVE N The PORT a great Win over OscarB and Muscle Mountain in the last Rowe Cup up your way Rakman ?  nearly a year ago now though. 😉..

BUT perhaps he is the one to get the last slot? 

Well, well guys, the last Slot has been filled in the Trot for Cambridge and is to be taken by Mystic Max 😃 wonder who is to drive him? hmmmmm.....Queen Elida, Just Believe, Call Me The Breeze, Oscar Bonavena, Muscle Mountain, Arcee Phoenix, Midnight Dash, Mystic Max 🤗 roll on the draws....

Cheers Iraklis

8 hours ago, Iraklis said:

.Queen Elida, Just Believe, Call Me The Breeze, Oscar Bonavena, Muscle Mountain, Arcee Phoenix, Midnight Dash, Mystic Max 🤗 roll on the draws...

In case you missed it Rakman .. the Vic's were 'hard at play' on Saturday night with ARCEE PHOENIX giving the Interdominion Champ Just Believe a bit of flogging.

1.53.5 as they all but broke the track record , (broke the race record by 2 seconds )  and a comfortable 2 length win for the Arcee one. Think he might be the One to beat on that. these 2 Aussies are obviously in TIP TOP knick . time to knock a few kiwi's about I think?. 

A very nice win to Muscle Mountain too,  on Saturday at Addington . looking good then,  for a solid '3rd' in the Big Slot-trot at Cambridge mate ? 😁😉 

Pure, Pure, Pure maaaaate 😆 tho we maybe small we be fierce, reckon yuh Ozzies shall feel the Muscle, of Oscar, Max and the Dash 🤗 I watched that race with RCPheonix, he's certainly got some wheels, but he'll need to have, the Muscle's been winnin on his ear, and he's always had to come round them, maybe now we get to see what he really can do, mighty Oscar can blast past all these when he's right, he's got the speed of a pacer full bore; and then, there's the Queen, who will draw barrier 1. they'll all know she's there over 2200 if she's on her game, lookout....roll on the draws and The Race woohoo!!! can't wait 🤗

Cheers Iraklis

Geez Lee mate I would hope so 😄 one of our best, surely he'll get a drive....on the Boxseat they were sayin The Iceman was to drive MysticMax, so I guess we'll have to wait for fields and draws to find out unless someone here knows?

Cheers Iraklis

4 hours ago, Iraklis said:

they were sayin The Iceman was to drive MysticMax, so I guess we'll have to wait for fields and draws to find out

sounds like this would be a good spot for the Iceman and his Mystic steed  to be a chance if that is the case. . the speed will be hot with the Aussies burning up front and blazing 🔥 to victory 🏆.  too hot for the Iceman at Cambridge . the pace will be so Hot that even the chickens will be laying hard boiled eggs  🐓

pferdeschlittenrennen-region-st.-johann-in-tirol.thumb.webp.55e4859f81ff55f777e5eddd1e7b8030.webp