RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Midget

Purcell on another Trip

Guest 2Admin2

BerNARD will fix it.  Winston is already processing his gold card.

On 5/18/2017 at 9:31 PM, jess said:

Zero respect for an exiting individual who rides the gravy train of a struggling enterprise - as if trying to drain it of its last remnants of cash or credibility ...

Even less respect for the governance of that enterprise who allow the individual to take advantage (aka "take the p###) in this way.

But it seems their stakeholders never really manage to call them to account ....

Just another slap in the face for struggling owners / breeders.    

Some people should be ashamed.  Would be ashamed ... if they had a conscience or a shred of decency ...

Like all in that position they really just cant help themselves when on the way out ....... So who is answerable for this latest needless indulgence ??  

46 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Bernard is past his use by date..... not the right person  to be doing this job.... my mail is he lacks vision and needs hand holding.

scooby i spoke to bernard several years ago when he was at footscray on 2 occasions even though it was it brief 10 mins or less i couldnt form an opinion of him but from what i have gathered from people i know he seems ok   but i will say one thing the other thread that is bashing him i wonder why he is even coming over here everyone seems to want to put the boot into him;  why id say its because he is aussie i hope he doesnt read this forum as he will want to jump of mt cook.  even if he does a great job you will all be still saying he is hopeless lets just give him 12 months into his job then comment . and who are all these people that are so called friends of everyone bagging him

1 hour ago, Leggy said:

And on it goes....I looked at the programme and didn't see him presenting .... hope he enjoyed the cocktail reception at the Grand Hyatt Washington. Meanwhile, thoroughbred turnover is down 6% for the ytd.

NZTR Represented At IFAR Conference

NZTR was represented at the first conference staged by the International Forum for the Aftercare of Racehorses (IFAR), in Washington D.C. this month.

The two day conference was attended by NZTR GM Commercial & Strategy Martin Burns.

International advocates for equine aftercare emphasized owner responsibility, in addition to sharing insights on retirement programmes for horses whose racing or breeding careers have ended.

The IFAR event coincided with the Pan American Conference, an international conference on thoroughbred racing.

Martin Burns noted that “the IFAR conference was attended by delegates of racing authorities, thoroughbred retrainers and equestrian sports participants, all with a common interest in maximising the potential for thoroughbreds to lead second careers as equestrian horses.

“The insights gained and relationships formed are valuable to NZTR as we develop our initiatives in this important area.  We look forward to detailing this in coming months as we further develop  our Thoroughbred Welfare Policy and Strategy initiatives.”

IFAR conference topics covered all aspects of thoroughbred aftercare, including post-racing options, connecting aftercare and horseplayers, harmonization of the rules of racing for owners and standards for aftercare providers. Among the speakers was Wayne Pacelle, President and CEO of the Humane Society of the United States.

“We all have a shared responsibility for the welfare of racehorses, which extends beyond the track," said Di Arbuthnot, chairman of IFAR and chief executive of Retraining of Racehorses. "Across the entire animal welfare debate, the spotlight is on an animal’s quality of life and the emerging concept of a life worth living.

“The welfare of racehorses throughout their lifetime is one of the single greatest issues facing the racing industry,".Arbuthnot added.

"A key function of IFAR is to provide help and support by sharing expertise and good practice on a global basis, whilst recognizing cultural differences.”

For more information on IFAR visit http://internationalracehorseaftercare.com

A video of the IFAR conference and PowerPoint presentation will be available on the website soon.

What a waste of farking time...some decent strategies for existing racehorses might be more productive, otherwise the Equestrians will have more bloody horses than they know what to do with the way we are going.....:wacko:

27 minutes ago, gary1 said:

scooby i spoke to bernard several years ago when he was at footscray on 2 occasions even though it was it brief 10 mins or less i couldnt form an opinion of him but from what i have gathered from people i know he seems ok   but i will say one thing the other thread that is bashing him i wonder why he is even coming over here everyone seems to want to put the boot into him;  why id say its because he is aussie i hope he doesnt read this forum as he will want to jump of mt cook.  even if he does a great job you will all be still saying he is hopeless lets just give him 12 months into his job then comment . and who are all these people that are so called friends of everyone bagging him

Gary my friend was his boss for a few years,I think he has a pretty good knowledge of the guy...you are entitled to your opinion as am I ... but I am only going on first hand evidence not hearsay... cheers.

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

What a waste of farking time...some decent strategies for existing racehorses might be more productive, otherwise the Equestrians will have more bloody horses than they know what to do with the way we are going.....:wacko:

I'm not sure that I agree Ohokaman. Sending people to conferences on what to do with the increasing numbers of ex-racehorses that the rest of their strategies are creating makes a good deal of sense to me. It is likely a potential growth industry in Petone to keep people in high paying jobs.

23 minutes ago, Leggy said:

I'm not sure that I agree Ohokaman. Sending people to conferences on what to do with the increasing numbers of ex-racehorses that the rest of their strategies are creating makes a good deal of sense to me. It is likely a potential growth industry in Petone to keep people in high paying jobs.

Tongue firmly in cheek there Leggy....;)

Just heard  Peter Es interview re Greg's junket abroad...He could offer nothing except some inane comment on private tracks over there and the big problems the industry is experiencing. A smoke screen. And what a great appointment Bernard has been !!! Peter had to bite his tongue hard....!!!!