RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Iraklis

Oh Gawd Tiz Auck Cup time

Geez I got a big prob for Fri :rcf-thinking-1: 2 of me favs are goin head to head, OldTownRoad and the mighty CopyT and I can't decide who I'm cheerin for to win it, seriously I'm torn.....ahh would it be that bad if they drew it? bloody headache either way.....

Hey Pure mate, you be cheerin for Aldebaran Zeus? I liked the look of him last week....

Cheers Iraklis

I'm hoping for an OTR victory, although after last week's run I'm not confident of a Top 3 finish at all. Sure, he blew the start (but he wasn't alone in that), but he really didn't show the kinda fight I was expecting in the home straight either. Self Assured has got the ace draw and Nat holding the reins, so together they'll be hard to beat. I haven't been to Alex Park for years, so I might go and have a look on Friday night if the weather is looking okay. 

Yeh Idol mate, I know what yuh sayin there I to expected a bit more fight in the boy (OTR) than he showed, he's gotta boot like a big block chevy when he's on :rcfe-happy-3: just not sure he's there yet, CopyT bin rompin round Puke real nice so here's hopin he's there an cherry.....agree SAssured an Nat whoar they gunna be hard from there dang it all

Cheers Iraklis

Their stats are pretty similar too, SA and CT, also being the only two in the field successful over 2 miles with both doing it multiple times. 

Self Assured; 51.8% of race starts have been wins, 45.8% successful from the stand, has won 60.0% of his starts at Alexandra Park and 57.1% of starts at 3200m 

Copy That; 50.8% of race starts have been wins, 47.3% successful from the stand, has won 50.0% of his starts at Alexandra Park and 50.0% of starts at 3200m 

No other runner comes close by comparison. Both have only ever missed a place once at 3200m, with Ch'Ch's Self Assured having won two Auckland Cups and Auckland's Copy That having won two New Zealand Cups in ChCh. Could Self Assured become the first three-peat winner of the Auckland Cup? I don't think it's been done before, although I know there's been many two-time winners. And has Mark Purdon really trained the winner of The Cup in 7 the last 8 years (with Covid winning the other one)? 

Can't see it getting too flashy...  Copy That either straight to the lead, or working forward up the straight the first time to lead with 2 laps to go.  Nat happy to take the sit in behind. 

A sedate pace with nobody upsetting the apple cart.  Akuta comes forward with 600m to go and takes the race to CT but ultimately doesnt stay as well as the top 2 faves.  SA through on the passing lane to beat Copy That.  

Anyones guess for third, perhaps the impressive Big Lebowski after what he did last week but he hasnt won a race longer than 2400m..

29 minutes ago, Pakaraka Star said:

Can't see it getting too flashy...  Copy That either straight to the lead, or working forward up the straight the first time to lead with 2 laps to go.  Nat happy to take the sit in behind. 

A sedate pace with nobody upsetting the apple cart.  Akuta comes forward with 600m to go and takes the race to CT but ultimately doesnt stay as well as the top 2 faves.  SA through on the passing lane to beat Copy That.  

Anyones guess for third, perhaps the impressive Big Lebowski after what he did last week but he hasnt won a race longer than 2400m..

I don't think the big one has had a standing start either. Not in a proper race anyway. He's going to be a fun horse to watch over the next year or so though. I'll go OTR for third after trailing CT and SA three back on the rails, with SA beating CT. In other words; SACTOTR. 

2 hours ago, Idolmite said:

Their stats are pretty similar too, SA and CT, also being the only two in the field successful over 2 miles with both doing it multiple times. 

Self Assured; 51.8% of race starts have been wins, 45.8% successful from the stand, has won 60.0% of his starts at Alexandra Park and 57.1% of starts at 3200m 

Copy That; 50.8% of race starts have been wins, 47.3% successful from the stand, has won 50.0% of his starts at Alexandra Park and 50.0% of starts at 3200m 

No other runner comes close by comparison. Both have only ever missed a place once at 3200m, with Ch'Ch's Self Assured having won two Auckland Cups and Auckland's Copy That having won two New Zealand Cups in ChCh. Could Self Assured become the first three-peat winner of the Auckland Cup? I don't think it's been done before, although I know there's been many two-time winners. And has Mark Purdon really trained the winner of The Cup in 7 the last 8 years (with Covid winning the other one)? 

Great stats there Idol-mate. thanks for those. Those 2 head , heels and hooves above the rest on performance . what a sure fire quinella off the front they seem.

I used to think it was a Real Shame the Nz Cup and Auckland Cup weren't the famous handicap anymore and those 2 were 20m or so behind in those races these days to give the rivals some chance of competing with them , but have changed mind now :)   

As really think that would/may/ probably of suited them better without fractious horses around them , room to move about, sit nicely in-behind the small field etc etc . And they'd still quinella it easily anyways....... 

Akuta was a great 4th in the NZ Cup , so looks a moral to fill the 3rd spot here in the small field Auckland Cup. 

4 hours ago, Iraklis said:

Geez I got a big prob for Fri :rcf-thinking-1: 2 of me favs are goin head to head, OldTownRoad and the mighty CopyT and I can't decide who I'm cheerin for to win it, seriously I'm torn.....ahh would it be that bad if they drew it? bloody headache either way.....

Hey Pure mate, you be cheerin for Aldebaran Zeus? I liked the look of him last week....    

Cheers Iraklis

No problem or head ache needed Rakman. Auckland Cup time and you know what that means !  Allstars winning the last 6 on the trot. 

DreamAboutMe 2016, Vincent 2017, Turn It Up 2018, Self Assured 2019, Amazing Dream 2020, Self Assured 2022,  Self Assured 2023 !! r

recurring theme there lol...and off the pole won't even have to cover extra ground . The flying Nat at the helm ...  all over rover.

AUCKLAND CUP Field ....  

1 Self Assured 613212 Self Assured   7 g R120 1 Ft Natalie Rasmussen Mark & Nathan Purdon  
2 Old Town Road 534425 Old Town Road   5 g R84 2 Ft Zachary Butcher John Dickie  
3 Kango 425641 Kango   6 g R99 3 Ft David Butcher Arna Donnelly  
4 Bach 756116 Bach   4 g R71 4 Ft John Dunn Robert & Jenna Dunn  
5 The Big Lebowski 342111 The Big Lebowski   6 g R72 5 Ft Tony Herlihy Ray Green  
6 Smiffy's Terror 377864 Smiffy's Terror   5 g R76 6 Ft Peter Ferguson Robert & Jenna Dunn  
7 Copy That 312142 Copy That   6 h R120 7 Ft Blair Orange Ray Green  
8 Heza Sport X44563 Heza Sport   5 g R77 8 Ft Maurice McKendry Colin & Julie DeFilippi  
9 Akuta X25351 Akuta   4 g R100 9 Ft Mark Purdon Mark & Nathan Purdon

16 minutes ago, Pure Steel said:

No problem or head ache needed Rakman. Auckland Cup time and you know what that means !  Allstars winning the last 6 on the trot. 

DreamAboutMe 2016, Vincent 2017, Turn It Up 2018, Self Assured 2019, Amazing Dream 2020, Self Assured 2022,  Self Assured 2023 !! r

recurring theme there lol...and off the pole won't even have to cover extra ground . The flying Nat at the helm ...  all over rover.

AUCKLAND CUP Field ....  

1 Self Assured 613212 Self Assured   7 g R120 1 Ft Natalie Rasmussen Mark & Nathan Purdon    
2 Old Town Road 534425 Old Town Road   5 g R84 2 Ft Zachary Butcher John Dickie    
3 Kango 425641 Kango   6 g R99 3 Ft David Butcher Arna Donnelly    
4 Bach 756116 Bach   4 g R71 4 Ft John Dunn Robert & Jenna Dunn    
5 The Big Lebowski 342111 The Big Lebowski   6 g R72 5 Ft Tony Herlihy Ray Green    
6 Smiffy's Terror 377864 Smiffy's Terror   5 g R76 6 Ft Peter Ferguson Robert & Jenna Dunn    
7 Copy That 312142 Copy That   6 h R120 7 Ft Blair Orange Ray Green    
8 Heza Sport X44563 Heza Sport   5 g R77 8 Ft Maurice McKendry Colin & Julie DeFilippi    
9 Akuta X25351 Akuta   4 g R100 9 Ft Mark Purdon Mark & Nathan Purdon

Add in Have Faith In Me in 2015, so Mark Purdon actually last seven in a row!!! Will be eight by Friday night. 

Not pretty reading at all. Race is worth less than half (45%) of what it was last year, and only 30% of what it was 14 years ago!!!!

Stake money

The stake money for the Auckland Cup has fluctuated over the years:

• $180,000 for the 2023 year.
  • $400,000 for the 2022 year.
  • $196,000 for the 2020 year.
  • $245,000 for the 2019 year, which compared to $750,000 for the New Zealand Trotting Cup.
  • $600,000 for the 2009 Auckland Cup[1] ($1 million for the New Zealand Cup).

Guys don't forget that BigLebowski, he's big boy an pretty free goin pacer his win last week was enormous, easy as yuh like he could be a danger to our favs, an an look who's drivin him Mr Herlihy himself....cheez it's gunna be big test for me CopyT I'm am more than sure he'll give good account of himself, me OTRoad will need to up the gears tho; gettin quite nervous for it now :rcfe-happy-3: I'll have to have a couple of nerve calmers.....

Cheers Iraklis

14 hours ago, Iraklis said:

Cheers Iraklis

Who are you picking, my old mate? I haven't looked too hard at the fields. yet but good racing. Are you heading to the Park?

1 hour ago, Iraklis said:

Guys don't forget that BigLebowski, he's big boy an pretty free goin pacer his win last week was enormous, easy as yuh like he could be a danger to our favs, an an look who's drivin him Mr Herlihy himself....cheez it's gunna be big test for me CopyT I'm am more than sure he'll give good account of himself, me OTRoad will need to up the gears tho; gettin quite nervous for it now :rcfe-happy-3: I'll have to have a couple of nerve calmers.....

Cheers Iraklis

Benedictine is good for the nerves my old mate... two or three shots and you'll be as laid back as a Burmese cat...

57 minutes ago, Thejanitor said:

Benedictine is good for the nerves my old mate... two or three shots and you'll be as laid back as a Burmese cat...

very nice. a bit of french liquer lol  maybe Use it to fuel up some of those 'Tour de France' riders. stay all day then .maybe a nip for some of these Auckland Cup runners too.  

3 hours ago, Iraklis said:

Guys don't forget that BigLebowski, he's big boy an pretty free goin pacer his win last week was enormous, easy as yuh like he could be a danger to our favs

no no no . not a hope in the world of beating the best 3 horses in Nz. don't be tricked by a 11 length win over Brookie Jaffa last week. That horse (the Jaffa)  only one win in 12 this season in moderate class races. can't even make the field here. 

The BIG LEbowSki was only coming home in 60 seconds winning in the deep South recently, and 57 second last half the other night. These OPEN Boys will be rattling home in 55 seconds leaving The BIG Fella flopping about 20m behind at the finish ?. 

Oh hey Pure mate, I look at how he did it and the fact he was one out for much of that race accelerated, and left them to it all without Blair askin him for anythin extra....hey, you and I an others know that the Big boy is up against others who are some of the best in the land, but has anyone told him that? :rcfe-happy-3: reckon he's thinkin he's just like them, a horse who clearly can run....

Cheers Iraklis

8 hours ago, Iraklis said:

Cheers Iraklis

Thanks for the heads up my old mate. Sounds an interesting horse. I never heard of it but I know you are a good judge mate, so could be worth a gold Coin FFP in Cup? What's his breeding?

Self lAssured best stayer, great prep, should win. I think the Dunn pair are outclassed but the rest even lot. 

I hope Super Sarah O'Reilly can show you what she can do this Friday my old mate. 

Go Sarah!

A bit of a pig in the poke..    Self Assured and Old Town Road not as sharp as last year and Copy That has been a bit of an egnima lately.    Is Lebowsky tough enough yet for an open class 2 miler and Kango wont get it his way this time.     Akuta also not quite up to last years sharpness either.    The other 3 nice horses but it doesn't look like they quite the class yet although Col's one could sneak a place.     One thing though it should be a good race and horsemanship very vital over the supreme distance.  

Ahh guys thanks for the advice on what to have as a nerve calmerer :rcfe-happy-3: however, I do actually wanna make it to the Park Fri yuh know LOL....reckon I'll stick with a big fat glass (or 2) of Good George Brewery FO 2021 Gin (not me normal tipple but this one is nice), plenty of ice! few of those I'll be sweet for Fri....The Big Lebowski is by Mach 3 outta Cool Maiden, owned by the Butterworths....

Janitor, yep I shall be front an centre at The Park and I'll be loyal to me CopyT an OTRoad, but I gotta tell yuh that new Big boy on the block Lebowski is summit, he really did the job last week an easily, he really wasn't asked to push it I liked the look of him alot, this week he'll have the services of The Iceman, have a butchers at this.....

https://harness.hrnz.co.nz/gws/ws/r/infohorsews/wsd06x?Arg=hrnzg-Ptype&Arg=RaceVideo&Arg=hrnzg-RacehdrID&Arg=60A670E5-113D-4500-B1E6-D9A4D9337B4A&Arg=hrnzg-rSite&Arg=TRUE

Cheers Iraklis

PS. Times - Mile Rate: 1-55.8 Last 800m: 56.8 Last 400m: 28.6