RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Memphis3

Never seen that before

Another classic Bledisloe game with the result helped by a gutsy decision by the ref. I was thinking during the game the ref never stops the game when the half back never uses the ball at a maul or ruck situation. Same with wasting time. Gee it was a great time for the ref to break his duck . Oz will be manic over this. 
A few glaring deficiencies in AB team including Clarkes defence and the unbalanced nature of the loosies.
Anyway Bledisloe is locked away for another year 💪💪👍👍

Never saw the game but most of the chat pregame was that Aussie weren't much good, that may be true but that still convinces me the ABs ain't much chop at present either, I don't think the argies  turned up game 2, still riekon when the ABs meet top opposition they will be found out, 

Mounga had a reasonable game until late when AB's 7 or so points ahead and just needed to hold on when he had a brain fade and kicked ahead instead of keeping ball in hand.     Aussies took his kick and stormed back & scored converted try in corner.    Then blow me he kicked ahead again, AB's give penalty in ruck and over went a penalty.     Surely the word was out that they should keep control of ball, not gift it away!! 

If ever Ozi can beat us at Eden Pk this could be the game.Ten Blues players in the 23.I'd have one Reiko.

Our loose forwards were the reason Fooley rose from the dead last week.Two of them are starting again this week and one on the bench.Ardie is going to be real busy.

Hope I'm wrong.

Once Again AB's gifted possession & points through inaccurate kicking.    Their long kicks were usually returned by hard running followed by mauling.  And under present rules very difficult to gain a turnover without infringing.    And kicks to touch also gives up possession.

Was good to see the Wallabies using the tap penalty. albeit while hooker Yellow carded.   Eliminates all those thousand of reasons you can lose your advantage at line out or scrim.   And a lot of time can be saved.

The ABs beat a very poor aussie side, (didnt I see somewhere they are presently ranked ninth? ) so everything must be good, one wonders how many will turn up for the noc.

Speaking of the noc, despite a lot if the negatives about the format or the competition as a rule one round to go and some hit or miss games, Tasman will probably need to beat Hawkes Bay  as Northland are right on their hammer after a last minute win today against Bay of Plenty,  Northland play Manawatu and Hawkes Bay are tied with Otago, who play Canterbury so plenty of possibilities.

Still maintain the bottom six should have playoffs too  would do a lot for unions like Southland, something to aspire too at the end.

Strange irony the union who bleated most for change , Taranaki are one team that miss out,  the irony there.

2 minutes ago, Uriah Heap said:

The most interesting thing in regard to the NPC is that no one is turning up to the games. Empty grounds abound.  

Not sure why this is, because there's nothing wrong with the rugby being played at the level.

looked like a good crowd for the shield match last weekend.

Strange as it is some of the crowds at the Southland  games are some of the better ones, early on when the optimism is still high.

Its not unique to rugby, crowds, test Cricket, in fact most cricket, Racing as we all know, i think the interest is still around, peoples habits have changed.

Yeah, fair call about crowds generally. I think it's a culture thing here in NZ. Look at Melbourne by comparison. I lived there for some years and there was just a mindset along the lines of, "big game or race meeting at the weekend and we're going to be there."

That Shield match in Wellington only got 3,000 through the gate. 3,000!!! to a Shield match, with former All Blacks and some nice up and comers playing. What do ya do?

Npc has kind of gone as expected, Hawkes Bay got through, Otago didnt, not for the lack of trying though, Southland finished with a whimper after their once a year win last week, only thing left now, will Nortland beat Manawatu and end Tasmans year, no guarantee but will know by tonight.