RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Larry

OK children

The owner of this site has said we have to behave ourselves, so that means our topics have to be non controversial like for example why is horse racing failing and we have to say it in a nice way, or a topic on why is greyhound racing so successful.

The owner of this site has said we have to behave ourselves, so that means our topics have to be non controversial like for example why is horse racing failing and we have to say it in a nice way, or a topic on why is greyhound racing so successful.

is greyound racing so successful i think you will find that there are a few that beg to differ what would happen if you took away the comingling

But what would happen if we could race Saturday,s our owner,s would actuall,y get to see thier dog,s racing and the gallop,s just had Tuesday,s and the odd Thusday,s
shelley dont think that would ever happen as people always will bet more on the horses as it has a greater exposure and no matter how much marketing was done it will never be popular than the thoroughbreds as for greyhounds outperforming the trotters a different story you only have to look at qld the trots are going backwards

Careful now, thats bannable talk. Our host is on a mission at the moment.

Is there another site we could all use?

But also a bit childish.

zzz has already invited anyone not happy to seek another site and I get the feeling he would miss the greyhound forum as much as he would miss not having the pox.

He is right, the greyhound forum has become an emabarresment and not by his doing but from within. Have you not noticed that hardly anyone bothers posting any more and I imagine even bothers reading it anymore.

Time fo us all to start acting like adults. Racecafe used to be quite enjoyable and useful not so long ago.

but we would miss all the great picnic racing from mugdeecoomawarra that the gallops provide.Why not saturday straight racing at avondale on the grass,you would get more on course,and its a nice surface.

But also a bit childish.

zzz has already invited anyone not happy to seek another site and I get the feeling he would miss the greyhound forum as much as he would miss not having the pox.

He is right, the greyhound forum has become an emabarresment and not by his doing but from within. Have you not noticed that hardly anyone bothers posting any more and I imagine even bothers reading it anymore.

Time fo us all to start acting like adults. Racecafe used to be quite enjoyable and useful not so long ago.

Maybe true Mike, but if you read his thread last week it was exactly what you are saying, childish and embarrasing.

It isn't about this forum, it is simply and plainly because he detests greyhound racing.

If he wanted to moderate the greyhound forum, why exasperate things by posting what he did in that thread ?

Maybe true Mike, but if you read his thread last week it was exactly what you are saying, childish and embarrasing.

It isn't about this forum, it is simply and plainly because he detests greyhound racing.

If he wanted to moderate the greyhound forum, why exasperate things by posting what he did in that thread ?

You are both right because it's a combination of both. The pathetic and childish behaviour of some here as Mike says was an embarrassment to serious greyhound proponents and untypical of the majority of the industry. It also ruined serious discussion of issues from admin to breeding etc.

However the intervention purporting to clean it up wasn't much different.

If you catch children dropping their pants in public, peeing on the footpath, or shoplifting, you don't solve it by first joining in dropping your own pants yourself, peeing with them on the footpath and helping them do a little shoplifting; then announce it is wrong and you are going to punish them.

Maybe an alternative forum is the best answer but you'll likely get the same people spoiling that as did here. Hopefully the moderator on such a site has the sense to handle such offenders early and more appropriately than the self appointed sheriff here. If being part owner of a site means you can behave as badly as the worse contributors on the site then there is a strong case to go to another forum.

Unfortunately the behaviour of a minority may have put many off going to any discussion forum in future and for those who have not it can take a while to break the habit of the old one and change allegiances. But given time it can happen.

go have a look at the thoroughbred forum.

We have not had to moderate anyone there for 6 months, they argue but show respect and I cannot remember the last allegation of any wrong doing.

If they can behave so can you.

There will always be your less desirable contributors - as in the workforce, there will always be the unemployable. And to be fair, there's plenty of dogs on the tb forum - zzz's lapdogs. You culled a few from there and a few from harness and now it's greyhound's turn.

I'm not sure you got the right ones though. Maybe if you'd had a look at who you've banned before and who are still here - that could've been insightful. Or you could've taken a poll?

There will always be your less desirable contributors - as in the workforce, there will always be the unemployable. And to be fair, there's plenty of dogs on the tb forum - zzz's lapdogs. You culled a few from there and a few from harness and now it's greyhound's turn.

I'm not sure you got the right ones though. Maybe if you'd had a look at who you've banned before and who are still here - that could've been insightful. Or you could've taken a poll?

So are you one of the right ones Razor ?

I seem to remember not so long ago that you were having a rant against me .... And may I ask what is wrong with the ones that were banned before. you might have noticed that they may have learnt their lesson from the ban, or is it that you are so squeaky clean you don't consider yourself one of the chosen few... Regards Casty

I thought about a poll actually, but given that I don't know any of you, and that you'd have ganged up on one another, I decided it was unlikely to be a success.

Relax anyway, those banned have only got a year, it'll pass quickly.

Would be good to see you on the JCA zzz

K

So are you one of the right ones Razor ?

I seem to remember not so long ago that you were having a rant against me .... And may I ask what is wrong with the ones that were banned before. you might have noticed that they may have learnt their lesson from the ban, or is it that you are so squeaky clean you don't consider yourself one of the chosen few... Regards Casty

Razor: I am NOT the Messiah!

Casty: I say you are Lord, and I should know. I've followed a few.

Razor: I'm not the Messiah! Will you please listen? I am not the Messiah, do you understand? Honestly!

Casty: Only the true Messiah denies His divinity.

Razor: What? Well, what sort of chance does that give me? All right! I am the Messiah!

Casty: He is! He is the Messiah!

Razor: Now, F off!

[silence]

Casty: How shall we F off, O Lord?

Razor: I'm not the Messiah! Will you please listen? I am not the Messiah, do you understand? Honestly!

Razor: What? Well, what sort of chance does that give me? All right! I am the Messiah!

[silence]

timmy you only come on this site once a month and it is always crap that you spout now go play on the highway

[silence]

You are one poor deranged fool, what the hell are you going on about ?

that is exactly what I was talking about in my comment, you castigate others for what is said on this site and then you answer the call by writing the crap that you just have, if you cant answer a simple question without being defamatory then please don't answer at all, it seems to me that when your back is against the wall ... you get lost in translation ... why don't you go and jump back in your pulpit and preach to the converted ... as your names suggest your brain is very Blunt but certainly not very Razor sharp.

Kind Regards Casty.

gary1 - I used to come on here daily to discuss the dogs - mainly from a punting perspective as that is where my interest is. I also got involved in some animal welfare discussions as I am keen to ensure my interests are ethical. You'll see I average 1.72 posts a day. That was up around 5 in my first year but in the last while every thread got hijacked into tit-for-tat slagging matches which i avoided.

castawayman - You asked if I thought i was one of "the right ones" (which I interpreted as "the chosen one" or the Messiah?) so I replied with a skit from Monty Python's Life of Brian. I, as was Brian, was denying Messianic status. I thought you might have known it and had a laugh - i did as i was writing it

ah well, never mind

gary1 - I used to come on here daily to discuss the dogs - mainly from a punting perspective as that is where my interest is. I also got involved in some animal welfare discussions as I am keen to ensure my interests are ethical. You'll see I average 1.72 posts a day. That was up around 5 in my first year but in the last while every thread got hijacked into tit-for-tat slagging matches which i avoided.

castawayman - You asked if I thought i was one of "the right ones" (which I interpreted as "the chosen one" or the Messiah?) so I replied with a skit from Monty Python's Life of Brian. I, as was Brian, was denying Messianic status. I thought you might have known it and had a laugh - i did as i was writing it

ah well, never mind

bblunt your comment below.

I ask if you were one of the right ones as it seemed to me that earlier on in the the year on more that one occasion you got into a bun fight with others on this site and now you don't condone exactly what you had done before, as I stated maybe some of us who had taken a ban had actually learned from that experience. The point you make about the Life of Brian I am afraid goes way above my head as I have never seen it or anything that Monty Python did so you will understand that your rantings on the messiah left me well behind, maybe had I had know I would have taken your answer in a different light, and I guess now that both sides of the argument have been sorted we should now bury the hatchet.

Regards Casty