RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Turny

KELLY EVANDER fires up today

https://www.tab.co.nz/racing/index.html#2010-05-06-m8-r1

1 9x009 High Distinction (1)

2 03245 Fairy Godmother (2)

3 0 Lets Play (3)

4 30086 Carnley (4)

5 687 Winfield Dougall (5)

6 54632 Ugly Betty (6)

7 58930 Brite N Lucky (7)

8 00087 Kelly Evander (8)

9 x0940 Dawns Boy (9)

10 32090 Major Domus (10)

11 32493 Torasion (11)

12 7x Simons Romance (U1)

13 7 Zico (U2)

14 06009 Lucy Hest (U3)

15 34306 Brite Belle (U4)

Wow !!!!!! thats a tough field , Kelly will need to grow wings

Perhaps, were this taking place in another country, a bookmaker chain with a sense of humour might entertain the notion and frame a market.

However, here in NZ, we're very limited with betting options with the TAB and I don't understand why this should be.

Perhaps, were this taking place in another country, a bookmaker chain with a sense of humour might entertain the notion and frame a market.

However, here in NZ, we're very limited with betting options with the TAB and I don't understand why this should be.

To be fair, she is the only horse I've seen in NZ regularly starting at $501 in the TAB fixed odds market.

early betting...

1 High Distinction 34.30 -- -- -- -- -- 11/12

2 Fairy Godmother 9.90 -- -- -- -- -- 3/3

4 Carnley 23.70 -- -- -- -- -- 9/7

5 Winfield Dougall 27.40 -- -- -- -- -- 10/11

6 Ugly Betty 2.10 -- -- -- -- -- 1/1

8 Kelly Evander 10.90 -- -- -- -- -- 4/5

9 Dawns Boy 38.90 -- -- -- -- -- 12/10

10 Major Domus 8.30 -- -- -- -- -- 2/4

11 Torasion 12.00 -- -- -- -- -- 6/6

13 Zico 19.40 -- -- -- -- -- 7/9

14 Lucy Hest 20.30 -- -- -- -- -- 8/8

15 Brite Belle 11.80 -- -- -- -- -- 5/2

Win Pool $501 Place Pool $647

are the bookie$ going to be offering odd$ for this race tonight? please...

ps. wackj! 'the media' seem to been keen to pick up this story,... I reckon that you might make a good 'spokesperson' for the fanclub! what you say? ...are you going to be trackside tonight? if so! introduce yourself! don't be shy! :D

For now! I'm going to let the mare to the talking on the track!!! :cool:

couple of very interesting posts on the facebook fan club page.

Wackj, to me! the KEFC is in need of a media spokesperson! will you please step forward wacky and take that role?? with thanks :cool:...

ps... i had better off it... not that long to the OFF!!! :cool:

As if Kelly and Brian are not under enough pressure to preform tonight!

Front Page of today's Otago Daily Times :D

On track to ultimate losing trot

Home

Wackj, to me! the KEFC is in need of a media spokesperson! will you please step forward wacky and take that role?? with thanks :cool:...

ps... i had better off it... not that long to the OFF!!! :cool:

Both looking good for their years. the horse is a picture of health and the owner has a smile and a spring in his step, The top boys have their place in our sport but this team are the grass roots of harness racing and if Kelly leaves a good foal (and would that be great) it will keep the old boy going to 100, Akelly foal at the jewels in the future maybe.

Just leaving tonight's race behind for a moment.

I'm just wondering exactly when - and how - did the Kelly Evander thing really take off?

For quite some time there was, what I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) a small group of race cafers making sarcy comments - albeit in good jest - as form of affection for a true battler.

And then -all of a sudden - the newspaper articles, comments on radio trackside start happening!

Are there people with media connections involved here - or is this forum read by far more people than what I realise?

Maybe it was facebook that spread the word?

Has Kelly had a full time media liason person appointed?

I guess I'm just saying that interest really seemed to spike big time over the last week or so.

Just had a look on the TAB site at the final race odds. Fixed odds betting ended up at $201 for the win. One the tote she was $19.10!!!

Win pool was about $19,000. Not huge but not tiny either.

This is getting ridiculous.

All down to H&S... for both Horse and then for the Drivers in any race... if they feel 'safe' then all is Cool... if not!

ps. the KEFC is looking for a 'media' frontperson..., care to steep up GU????...

The Close Up show enabled many of us to put a face to the names , Brian & Kelly, and it would be hard not get a warm feeling about both battlers.

They have certainly captured the pockets of the well paid, but uninformed.

If it is true that any publicity is good publicity then Harness Racing can only benefit.

Brian's grumpy look tonight would indicate there is plenty of passion there. :mad: