RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
dustydreamnz

Why do trainers...

hard enough for the small trainers as it is at present. vouchers help a bit.

So is it not hard for large trainers? I'm sure the two steaks,two fish,two hotdogs will keep him happy!!!

the point is the voucher covers hardly anything so how can it be a goldmine to the big t

Its a free trip for you to the meetings most weeks, either way its hard to feed dogs on vouchers your small teams going great can't wait to see the newbies lining up.woof

..it effects as Ca$h Too., petrol being a base commodity to the enterprise of training'n'racing., one simply retains the cash the petrol'd've cost.

Vouchers also allows one to trade yet another currency..for services received etc., favours and the odd 'gift' here'n'there.

..they're nearly or Are..better than cash! ;)

It has been said before on a previous thread in regards to the "Big Trainers"

The cost of travels does take a huge amount of money, where the vouchers make it a lot easier.

McInerney travel to Wanganui on a weekly basis (from their Darfield Base), or there abouts.

Trips to Dunedin and Invercargill also.

Yes, 10 unplaced dogs at a meeting = $400 in petrol vouchers

But what is the cost of fuel (Both vehicle and person) + the cost of the boat.

Even if 15 dogs are unplaced = $600 in vouchers - does that cover the costs?

How many vehicles? Northern and Southern Kennels - 2x Buses, 2x Vans ?

Rego, Warrant, Maintenance??

Yes, when you don't take into account the costs, BIG money, but when the costs are added, doesn't seem as big.

Not defending, just voicing my opinion.

Fair enough mmm, but the owners have a liability for travel as well. Do you think they should pay their share of the travel? Do you think trainers who race a couple of dogs in their own area should be asked to subsidise people who choose to race big teams in all parts of the country who by all accounts are making a " comfortable living" out of it?. Do you think that the association could make better use of the huge sum directed to vouchers? Do you think the original post was correct in that dogs are being used as voucher gathers way past the time  of their ability to gain a cheque ? Do you think all of the above is good for greyhound racing in NZ

Not complaining just asking

It has been said before on a previous thread in regards to the "Big Trainers"

The cost of travels does take a huge amount of money, where the vouchers make it a lot easier.

McInerney travel to Wanganui on a weekly basis (from their Darfield Base), or there abouts.

Trips to Dunedin and Invercargill also.

Yes, 10 unplaced dogs at a meeting = $400 in petrol vouchers

But what is the cost of fuel (Both vehicle and person) + the cost of the boat.

Even if 15 dogs are unplaced = $600 in vouchers - does that cover the costs?

How many vehicles? Northern and Southern Kennels - 2x Buses, 2x Vans ?

Rego, Warrant, Maintenance??

Yes, when you don't take into account the costs, BIG money, but when the costs are added, doesn't seem as big.

Not defending, just voicing my opinion.

does the petrol voucher go to the owner or trainer, does the trainer charge owner for travel

In the case of paying training fees, then the owner should receive the vouchers, have it credited to the costs (If travel is charged by the trainer) or the trainer keeps the voucher instead of charging travel.

All of the above, if the owners agree from the get go.

Trainers who are 50/50 trainers should keep the vouchers, as they foot the travel bill.

Owners who have 50/50 dogs don't pay training fees, so are probably more than happy for the dog to only place every now and then, receiving their share. If the dog isn't performing to standard, there is no cost to them. I'm only guessing that the owners aren't too fussed if the dog continues racing.

I believe it is fair for $40 vouchers for unplaced runners, as fuel is not cheap, and I believe it is not going to get any cheaper.

Yes, it is great for small trainers, and some see it as another income for the bigger trainers.

Is it the same situation with trainers having half the field, and small trainers only having 1?

I think its a matter of facilities, owners and knowledge.

Small trainer may have good facilities, owns themselves, and good knowledge.

Big trainers have the 'top'/better facilities, multiple owners and Experienced knowledge.

Yes it is all for the owners, but as said above, its a positive for them, if the dog carries on racing at no cost to them (50/50) because trainers can survive with the vouchers.

-Only my opinion- (Somewhat being the devils advocate here, but why not :P )

does the petrol voucher go to the owner or trainer, does the trainer charge owner for travel

All dependant on each case.

I think it would be as follows.

50/50 - No charge, trainers keep vouchers.

Training Fees - Charged to Owners, Owners keep vouchers.

Training Fees - No charge to owners for travel - Trainers keep vouchers.