RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mikenz

Womens Sport, NZ.

13 minutes ago, crustyngrizzly said:

Taurua reconfirmed as Silver Ferns coach...IMO she had her chance but i wish her well.

Very poor choice. If she had any credibility she'd have resigned after the World Cup debacle and not reapplied for the job. Mediocrity is obviously acceptable these days. 

One last throw of the dice for the White Ferns, will they make changes?

Personally I get the impression that a lot of the female teams, a lot are too clicky, must be hard for the coach in this situation, a male to make hard decisions and risking a player revolt, almost facing the same challenges as your average school teacher probably has to deal with everyday.

Seems to me that our Cricket psychology is about participating and not being defined solely by results.

Not sure if Riichard Hadlee, Glen Turner, Martin Crowe and the likes thought that way, I think many of our present lot both males and females do.

2 hours ago, mikenz said:

One last throw of the dice for the White Ferns, will they make changes?

Personally I get the impression that a lot of the female teams, a lot are too clicky, must be hard for the coach in this situation, a male to make hard decisions and risking a player revolt, almost facing the same challenges as your average school teacher probably has to deal with everyday.

Seems to me that our Cricket psychology is about participating and not being defined solely by results.

Not sure if Riichard Hadlee, Glen Turner, Martin Crowe and the likes thought that way, I think many of our present lot both males and females do.

Mike, Our players apart from 3-4 just don't seem to measure up at all against overseas reps from other countries. How many ramp shots have been played for an out in the past 12 months. To many for my liking. As for equal pay, well until you make something worth attending and supporting it cannot happen.NZ womens cricket has been a joke for the past 12 months, yet ramped up by the media as good.

For All its worth I actually enjoyed the Cricket free to air, both the men's and the women's, would I have watched it on Spark, Sky, that's debatable but I suspect a significant number of watchers only watched as it was free, for the next 2 summers no International Cricket at home after January, our best time is Feb, March, playing before Xmas, people's focus is on other things, yet that's what we are getting.

India have a lot of influence and somewhere in the scheme of things everything has to fit around the IPL, sad but true.

I note Netball NZ are in talks about joining the Aussie comp, that all depends if Aussie even want us, I think the reason we left was because Aussie offered us 3 teams but NZ wanted all 5 or none, so none was what NZ got.

So if they have only 3 teams, that will mean less players being on contracts, or maybe not, maybe just bigger squads, but the big issue would be if only 3 teams where would they be based, that would start a catfight before they would even start,