RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

5 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

With the favourite being scratched your chances were probably enhanced Barry and if not your horse's chance of winning remained the same as before , they were certainly not downgraded. In the latter scenario the chances of Opie winning the jockey's challenge were seriously reduced. 

What did the bookies push his odds out to win after it was announced he only had the three rides left? I bet they blew right out.

What they should have done is refund the original bets under the stand alone option, recalculate the odds under the jockey challenge option and if punters thought that he could still win then they could back him again at the new, higher odds. I'm picking very few would have backed up.  

I call it Mafia tax, the TAB are crooks .

9 hours ago, Diver Dan said:

No question as to the riding skills.

The Jockey bet is real dodgy in many respects.

Imagine this scenario - not saying this has happened either.

1. Aiden Rodley must know that OP has weight issue - I would say this is a given.

2. AR books rides that he knows will be touch and go in terms of making weight - I would also think AR is aware of this due to the many times OP couldn't make weight.

3. What stops AR backing other jockeys knowing full well that OP is unlikely to make weight???

Insider trading/conflict of interest???

This has been going on for years and should have been rubbed out ages ago.

Yet another reason why Trackside presenters should be Jock Agents.

2 hours ago, rdytdy said:

With the favourite being scratched your chances were probably enhanced Barry and if not your horse's chance of winning remained the same as before , they were certainly not downgraded. In the latter scenario the chances of Opie winning the jockey's challenge were seriously reduced. 

What did the bookies push his odds out to win after it was announced he only had the three rides left? I bet they blew right out.

What they should have done is refund the original bets under the stand alone option, recalculate the odds under the jockey challenge option and if punters thought that he could still win then they could back him again at the new, higher odds. I'm picking very few would have backed up.  

C'mon Ted youre a student of form aren't you?

When taking a bet its buyer beware i.e. you should be doing your form or in this instance your research on why the odds were enhanced or why it wasn't a good bet or was a good bet, punters who were onto it could have backed any other jock in the challenge , refunding the bets in this instance sets a terrible precedence imo .

I think there may have been a number of punters caught out on this one by the bookies and their pride has taken some denting along with their wallets.

The TAB cop a severe bashing in a lot of cases but I can't see how they wrong are in this particular instance.

2 hours ago, Huey said:

C'mon Ted youre a student of form aren't you?

When taking a bet its buyer beware i.e. you should be doing your form or in this instance your research on why the odds were enhanced or why it wasn't a good bet or was a good bet, punters who were onto it could have backed any other jock in the challenge , refunding the bets in this instance sets a terrible precedence imo .

I think there may have been a number of punters caught out on this one by the bookies and their pride has taken some denting along with their wallets.

The TAB cop a severe bashing in a lot of cases but I can't see how they wrong are in this particular instance.

I believe in this instance it was a stand alone option for him to win the jockeys challenge and there was only the option of yes, meaning opie wins the jockeys challenge.

I can understand your and Barry’s  logic in the normal jockeys or if it was a two sided option.