Breeder

Interesting Lot in Inglis Online Sale

5 posts in this topic

The latest Inglis Online Sale ( running each fortnight now) has an interesting lot. A stallion retired due to injury.

I say interesting because you would have thought he would have been able to be sold privately and not going unreserved in this sale. Good pedigree, obviously a good type given his yearling sale price and did well in the races he ran in.

https://inglisdigital.com/lot/30000050.118.htm

I like your posts on interesting lots and potential sire Breeder - insightful out of the box thinking - keep on it as I feel you will land on something. Remember Sir T was not that well performed on first look but obviously was more than ok as a sire 

Dopey, I think for young people (I'm well past it !) wanting have a go in the stud business there some possibilities to buy in Australia. With so many people now buying yearlings to try "to make a stallion" there are always going to be plenty that are good types and with a reasonable pedigree which will not make it for some reason or rather. They have to win at least one Group 1 and preferably 2+ to make it. Any that win a minor group race or just win several races are "discarded" and often sell quite cheaply  (Dracarys above, was sold for A$45K  to Brace Racing). The Aussies seem to be quite brutal in their decision making on when to "drop" a horse.

An interesting relatively new stallion at stud in Aust is Hardham. He's by Redoute's Choice from Nureyev's Girl thus a full brother to Kings Rose. K's R has already left a gr winner in Satono Arther by Deep Impact.Hardham won $657150 was a Gr2 winner and seemed to have S Moody and Sir Patrick Hogan among his owners. He doesn't seem to be advertised so may only be used Privately but I've noticed a couple of mares sold in foal to him on these past Digital sales. What a great way to sell they are,full credit to Inglis.

On 8/10/2019 at 1:10 PM, Breeder said:

The latest Inglis Online Sale ( running each fortnight now) has an interesting lot. A stallion retired due to injury.

I say interesting because you would have thought he would have been able to be sold privately and not going unreserved in this sale. Good pedigree, obviously a good type given his yearling sale price and did well in the races he ran in.

https://inglisdigital.com/lot/30000050.118.htm

Looks like a no brainer Breeder....!! A $1m yearling by Snitzel ( stud fee over $200,000 now ) with Redoubtes Choice and Danehill bloodlines ?!

$45k might prove money very well spent.