RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Lindsay Joyce

GO THE "ALL WHITES"

Never thought I'd attend a sporting event in NZ with an atmosphere like the one at the Cake Tin last night. Half heartedly bought a ticket with no idea it would be that good. Unbelievable crowd to be a part of. Didnt matter if it was soccer/rugby/cricket/etc, it's the buzz that matters and this had it in spades.

Great script including, Big build up, NZ team playing for high stakes, fanatical crowd, we go ahead, they get a penalty, we save, then we cling on too win, leaving me waving a white shirt above my head and hugging strangers. All for $29.

Anyone who had the chance and didn't attend, give yourself an uppercut. Anyone saying "It's only a boring game of soccer", give yourself two uppercuts, cause you just don't get it.

WHITE IS THE NEW BLACK!!!!

Wow wat a game and atmosphere my voice hurts so bad lol such an amazing night in Wellington

Hahahah "WHITE IS THE NEW BLACK"

Great win for the guys but where do these stupid meaningless statements come from?

Rooboy you have hit the nail on the head

I was there too and what an atmosphere...and no-one left their seats for about 15 mins after the final whistle, when we scored every one within reaching distance was all of a sudden your best friend with High 5's and hugs between complete strangers....BRILLIANT.

PS Grahame give yourself an uppercut, you bag Football after a game that united the nation and a guy on the news last night (who had been to 3 rugby World Cups) said he has been converted to Football as the atmosphere in the crowd puts The Oval ball fans to shame....and you also posted 5 hours AFTER one of the most dismal All Black games ever

PS I love Union and League as well.....you are right that everyone is allowed their opinions....just sometimes it pays not to voice them when are you one of (I am picking) a very small few who didn't enjoy the game....and one of even fewer who would say they enjoyed the All Blacks vs Italy game more.

Cheers and Beers

Jezza

What an absolute privilige to be able to be at the game at the weekend.

I can't imagine ever attending anything like that again in my life, unless it is another qualifier in 4 years time.

As a Cake Tin virgin, I was very impressed. Great stadium, great city, brilliant atmosphere.

I am a rugby fan from Stag country thru and thru, but we haven't got anything on that.

The singing, the dancing, the comraderie and the sheer joy was something to behold.

Hard to come back to work today and try to explain to workmates what it was like, to the good old "wasn't it just a game of soccer" response! Have given up already. Flying my "One Shot for Glory" banner outside my classroom instead.

The after match was even better, courtesy of NZ Soccer.

I'm glad also that Te Papa had some comfy couches for a nice lie down yesterday!

Brilliant stuff! Roll on South Africa!

MasterG

Well done to the All Whites and to all the out-of-town cafers that made the trip.

Surely I don't need to ask if you had a great time......thats if you can remember it!

Jezza, did you happen to see any of the All Whites in town on Sat night??......and did you do a "Thommo" and slap them on the back??...or even eye-ball any of them??....ha ha.

That guy, as a mate of mine is fond of pointing out, is the KING of cringeworthiness!!

I'm not going to be drawn into this "soccer/rugby" debate, as it's not the right time. This is all about celebrating a tremendous sporting achievement by a NZ team and nothing else.

I would like nothing more than to see us become competitive with the likes of Oz again, but the international playing window will prevent this from happening unfortunately.

So well done once again.

No didn't see any of them CT mind you we parked up in a Quietish bar as opened first beer in Palmy at about 10.30am and finished up last beer about 3.30am so it was a solid 19 hrs of Boozing and I was happy not being in a bar with wall to wall people.

I have marked Shane Smeltz before, Played Centre back with Paston in goal and played against Sigmund (we are both center backs so only marked him at corners) and I think played against a couple of the others....so wasn't to Star struck to want to meet them.....great effort by the lads though, and they most definitely were classed as Superstars by everyone at the end of the game.

It can only help NZ Football, and I'm with you CT this isn't a "which game is better" debate....however perhaps Union could take a thing or 2 from the game.....I'm sure if the tickets were $79 (not $39) it still would have been a sell out, but it was priced so everyone could afford it which was brilliant.

I was however astounded that Grahame bagged the game, the atmosphere was 2nd to none and I am predicting will NEVER be experienced at a sporting event in NZ again.

Jezza

...however perhaps Union could take a thing or 2 from the game.....I'm sure if the tickets were $79 (not $39) it still would have been a sell out, but it was priced so everyone could afford it which was brilliant.

I guess that if they ever get to the stage where they're struggling to fill out the stadiums ( bar Chch of course ), then they'll probably look at that......but its a completely different ballpark you're talking about there Jezza.

I was fortunate enough to find myself childless on Sat night, so I hightailed it into town to watch the game......and wasn't Wgtn going off!!!

Putting the Stadium on the waterfront was a stroke of genius....and you've only got to laugh at Auckland for missing out on the chance to do the same!

I have marked Shane Smeltz before, Played Centre back with Paston in goal and played against Sigmund (we are both center backs so only marked him at corners) and I think played against a couple of the others....so wasn't to Star struck to want to meet them.....great effort by the lads though, and they most definitely were classed as Superstars by everyone at the end of the game.

Now now Jezza.......blatant name-dropping and big noting like that will see you deported immediately to the rug-filled trams and racecourses of Melbourne!

I guess that if they ever get to the stage where they're struggling to fill out the stadiums ( bar Chch of course ), then they'll probably look at that......but its a completely different ballpark you're talking about there Jezza.

I was fortunate enough to find myself childless on Sat night, so I hightailed it into town to watch the game......and wasn't Wgtn going off!!!

Putting the Stadium on the waterfront was a stroke of genius....and you've only got to laugh at Auckland for missing out on the chance to do the same!

What %age of earnings do the Rugby Union get from selling TV rights vs Gate sales....surely the gate sales are just a drop in the ocean (in comparison) so why not drop the price....mind you I wonder even if the tickets were only $5 for the Air NZ cup final whether it would have been a sell out....

NZ Football obviously did the maths that missing out on a few $$$$'s of ticket prices was worth it if the stadium was full and in the words of the Captain Ryan Nelsen The 12th man could get us home and $10 million for the Coffers.

Wellington was the place to be Saturday night thats for sure

The $29 cheap seats behind the goal were a big factor in my deciding to attend on Saturday (even cheaper for the kids). The NZRU need to get real if they want to sell out Test matches and get a good atmosphere going. They need to make a similar amount of cheap seats available so they are able to fill the stadiums for Test matches.

You'll find, as with the soccer game, that it's out of these cheap seats that the most noise arises, thus the atmosphere improves, thus people want to go back next time.

Now now Jezza.......blatant name-dropping and big noting like that will see you deported immediately to the rug-filled trams and racecourses of Melbourne!

I was just trying to make a point of why I didn't try to hunt out (stalk) the team to get a snapshot of myself with them...hope they enjoy their time as Superstars in NZ sport.

Off the topic I was reading an article the other day that organisers of the Fleetwood Mac concert in NP have changed their mind and are allowing people to bring their own Rugs into the concert, after earlier saying people couldn't.....

I wonder if we know the name of any people who complained ? ? :D

The $29 cheap seats behind the goal were a big factor in my deciding to attend on Saturday (even cheaper for the kids). The NZRU need to get real if they want to sell out Test matches and get a good atmosphere going. They need to make a similar amount of cheap seats available so they are able to fill the stadiums for Test matches.

You'll find, as with the soccer game, that it's out of these cheap seats that the most noise arises, thus the atmosphere improves, thus people want to go back next time.

They will still fill stadiums with $125 tickets, but you couldn't put a price on the atmosphere that was there on Saturday night....and that was because the tickets were priced so everyone could afford to go.

FFS they already play Rugby at night times in Winter to get the most $$$'s from TV rights....why not price it cheap so anyone can go and freeze their Nuts off LOL