RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Peter Jenkins

Summer-Autumn Trans-Tasman Super Comp Results Thread

8 minutes ago, Peter Jenkins said:

Just a note, Heather couldn't post today (i put some picks in for her) as she was upset at losing her best mare Danny Holiday, dam of the Derby winner Habibi. Condolences to Heather. 

PJ...You make me feel awful for beating her pix by $344.60 to $340

37 minutes ago, Memphis2 said:

mate its a ten(9) race comp.Good tipping.Mo mo has been turning up every week

but maybe we can pad it out for her today.he ha

Battered savs?

I knew that gee up would do the trick, yyyeeehaaaa guys , stuck it up em when it mattered most. Normally I would be humble:ph34r:, and offer commiserations to the losing team. But it is SO SWEET to win this time. Tough Shiite Chiefs not good enough :P

Regards Globe

FINALS DAY 2

Race 10 - Randwick R10

1st - 3 Secret Agenda W-$10.20

2nd - 13 Missrock Q-$114.00

scr: 8,10

subs: #11 then #2

CHAMPIONSHIP SEMI-FINALS 

1 THE FERDIES (1st) 1062.40

4 THE BLUES (4th) 1086.60

The Blues all missed in the last but held on for a narrow win despite a late 'Naki rally which saw Heather nearly catch Brian and Steve's BB down Geoff giving the Ferdies a consolation match win. So well done to The Blues on making another Final. Ferdie Steve was Man of the Match while Brian was MVP for the Grand Finalists.

406.80 Steve

269.00 Geoff 

57.20 Maurice

132.80 Gordy

340.00 Heather

344.60 Brian

129.20 Bryan

187.20 Pete

129.20 PJ

153.00 Howie

3 THE HURRICANES (2nd) 811.60

2 THE BARBARIANS (3rd) 548.20

The Babas had 3 chances to secure a Grand Final berth in the last but none yelped so the Hurricanes held on with Viceroy the only scorer in the final event. Ray was Man of the Match in a comparatively low-scoring affair while The Crucible, the only 'Cane to break $200, was MVP. Congrats to the Hurricanes on making what should be a memorable Grand Final. Well done to the Babas on making it this far. They face the Ferdies next week for 3rd place honours.

145.00 Viceroy

154.00 Sir Castleton

195.40 John

219.80 Ray

201.20 The Crucible

34.20 Sasha 

132.00 Von Smallhausen

17.20 Steve P

138.00 Hesi

123.00 Daniel

5th-8th SEMI-FINALS 

4 THE STAGS (7th) 1317.60

1 THE TURBOS (6th) 929.60 

The Southlanders put up a solid performance had the match sewn up after race 9 and everyone missed the final winner. The Stags got it all together at last with Alan a dominant Man of the Match for them while Moose, the only Turbo to win a match, was Manawatu MVP. The Stags now face the Sharks in the playoff for 5th place next week while the Turbos take on The Chiefs.

28.00 FWTB

338.80 Moose

472.80 Alan

133.00 Bryn

295.80 Kay

247.00 Rosina

224.20 Damion

159.80 Ted

296.80 Isaac

51.00 Betty 

4 THE SHARKS (8th) 1210.40

1 THE CHIEFS (5th) 467.80

The Sharks also had this match won before the last although the winner eluded everyone. The Chiefs looked on course for the win until the Sharkies rallied to grab the lead in the penultimate race and held on to face a playoff for 5th with the Stags. The Chiefs take on the Turbos in the decider for 7th place. A mammoth effort from Rees saw him crowned with Man of the Match honours, with MoMo also contributing strongly, while Sylvia was Waikato MVP.

345.80 MoMo

34.20 Jack

34.00 Cam

204.00 Sylvia

204.80 Mark

94.00 Ian

597.80 Rees

134.20 Casper

89.20 Jason

57.80 Catalano

THE WOODEN SPOON PLAYOFF: 1-1 so far

1 THE CRUSADERS (10th) 420.20

4 THE KAURI KATS (9th) 919.00

The Kauri Kats, who had a 5-zip lead before race 9, looked in danger of spilling their lollies but not only held on in the end but increased their margin with Sarah nailing Cubes at the death. Pam was Match Star for the Puddys while Cubes was MVP for an out of sorts Cantab outfit. With a match win apiece the decider for the Wooden Spoon will roll on to next week. Congrats to Jen on breaking her duck !

0.00 Mr Gee

34.00 Jen

93.00 Richie

60.80 Sharne

67.00 Tom

309.00 Pam

106.00 Rob

281.00 Graeme

152.20 Cubes

234.20 Sarah

14 minutes ago, Kundalini said:

PJ...You make me feel awful for beating her pix by $344.60 to $340

That's okay Brian, you had 2 & 6 in the last so she got the win for what it's worth. Cheers mate and well done on making the GF 

As I saw it PJ

Brian    ~~    Heather
$57.80    ~~    $43.00
$0.00    ~~    $23.00
$26.80    ~~    $17.00
$0.00    ~~    $0.00
$242.80    ~~    $0.00
$0.00    ~~    $0.00
$17.20    ~~    $11.00
$0.00    ~~    $0.00
$0.00    ~~    $144.00
$0.00    ~~    $102.00

$344.60        $340.00

STATS 

Best Scores
597.80 Rees

472.80 Alan

406.80 Steve

345.80 MoMo

344.60 Brian

Worst Scores 

34.00 Cam

34.00 Jen

28.00 FWTB

17.20 Steve P

0.00 Mr Gee

Most Wins

6 Heather

6 Rees

6 Steve

Most quinellas

4 Brian

3 Geoff

3 Brian

3 Von Smallhausen

3 Kay

Biggest Winning Margin
597.80 Rees

134.20 Casper

Narrowest Winning Margin

154.00 Sir Castleton

145.00 Viceroy

Highest Losing Score

340.00 Heather

Lowest Winning Score
34.00 Jen

1 minute ago, Kundalini said:

As I saw it PJ

Brian    ~~    Heather
$57.80    ~~    $43.00
$0.00    ~~    $23.00
$26.80    ~~    $17.00
$0.00    ~~    $0.00
$242.80    ~~    $0.00
$0.00    ~~    $0.00
$17.20    ~~    $11.00
$0.00    ~~    $0.00
$0.00    ~~    $144.00
$0.00    ~~    $102.00

$344.60        $340.00

My apologies Brian. Missed your quinella in Race 5. Will fix now.

Great game Baabaas - we shot out of the gate but were going up and down on the spot toward the end.

Nice win team "Horrorgoons" - a bit like last night - 33-7 lead at half-time, but not so flash the second half.  TC, VS and Hesi - nice wins today.

After losing our first match of this comp in a high scoring affair against the Blues, we've since won 10 straight and now get the chance to avenge that defeat.  Two team meetings this week and no alcohol from Wednesday onward.

Finals Round 3 (last day of the comp) - Saturday April 15

Meetings will be Riverton, Hawkes Bay and Randwick

CHAMPIONSHIP GRAND FINAL 

THE HURRICANES vs THE BLUES 

Hesi v Pete

The Crucible v Gordy

John v Geoff

Von Smallhausen v Brian

Viceroy v Howie

3rd PLACE PLAYOFF 

THE FERDIES vs THE BARBARIANS 

Steve v Steve P

Maurice v Sasha

PJ v Daniel

Bryan v Sir Castleton

Heather v Ray

5th PLACE PLAYOFF 

THE STAGS vs THE SHARKS 

Damion v Cam

FWTB v MoMo

Kay v Rees

Isaac v Jason

Alan v Mark

7th PLACE PLAYOFF 

THE TURBOS vs THE CHIEFS 

Moose v Jack

Rosina v Casper

Bryn v Catalano

Ted v Ian

Betty v Sylvia

THE CRUSADERS vs THE KAURI KATS  

Richie v Sharne

Cubes v Sarah

Rob v Jen

Tom v Pam

Mr Gee v Graeme

The thing with the Ferdies is you can be 6-0 up with one race to go (yeah, i know 6 could be stretching things :)) but you can never be confident you've done enough until you're that one stride past the winning post. They're that sort of team - fighters to the end. Well done on a typically great fightback Ferdies,  when all seemed lost - with special mention of Steve who played a blinder. He's in rare company, the very small band of players in recent comps who can say they've had a win over Geoff. 

All the best for your final comp match next  week, Ferdies, I'm sure you'll go out in style.

So it's on to the classic matchup for the Grand Final - Auckland v Wellington - Mighty Blues v Hurricanes. The Hurricanes have a very talented lineup for sure, but it's fair to say there's a degree of confidence in the Mighty Blues' camp, specially having enjoyed a win over the Hurricanes right at the start of round-robin.

For Gordy it could be a fairytale finish in his debut season as Captain, having led the team strongly throughout and scored back-to-back personal wins the past fortnight, the time of the campaign when wins have mattered most. Pete has been a real revelation and goes from strength-to-strength , while Brian has confirmed his status as one of the most impressive selectors in the entire competition. Geoff is in the top echelon of Selectors as we are all well aware, he mightn't be as agile as he once was but the ole brain's still ticking over pretty well - mostly :D - so it's going to be a quietly confident Mighty Blues going in to the Grand Final against their esteemed rivals  the Hurricanes.

The team for the Grand Final will be : Gordy (Captain), Brian, Geoff, Pete, Howie  - the Blues Brothers    ;                Reserves : J Kaino, S-B Williams,  C Faumuina, G Moala

Thanks for another enjoyable day's racing, PJ.

Until next Saturday.

My luck seems to have changed since I have been out of the country.

Maybe I should delay my return till after next weekend.:D

Being the weakest link in the team, I am glad I am up against a top man in TC as all we need is 3 others in the team to win and we will be champs.

Go Blues.

Congratulations HURRICANES ...... Commiserations Barbarians we certainly rattled there cages !!!!

After such an enjoyable competition lets finish with our heads held high up against our friends the FERDIES.

I Have only one request of the HURRICANES please to wrap up comp against the crowing BLUES !!!!

To my team mates, has been a very enjoyable competition and I wish to thank each one of u for being part of a very friendly group ....... my personal thanks to my son Daniel for stepping in and he and I will pick one horse each in final match next week if its ok with everyone :D

Once again I wish to thank P J for his excellent comp despite mishaps and also congratulations on your past weeks successful ENDEAVOURS :)

Thanks for a back on deck Sir G.

7 hours ago, Gordy55 said:

My luck seems to have changed since I have been out of the country.

Maybe I should delay my return till after next weekend.:D

Being the weakest link in the team, I am glad I am up against a top man in TC as all we need is 3 others in the team to win and we will be champs.

Go Blues.

No weakest links in the Mighty Blues, Gordy. :) One for all and all for one. Everyone has had their time in the sun, and you're getting your wins at a particularly valuable time, the final rounds, the knockout stages. Don't worry about that  top man TC of the Hurricanes, he's now focused on his very entertaining Lay of the Day comp which means he's now focused on horses that lose races, you'll probably sense a bit of that when he posts his selections for the Grand Final ! :D Top man though, he'll give you a run for your money.

Looking forward to you being back in good ole NZ soon, Gordy.

Cheers.

16 hours ago, sir1galivant said:

Congratulations HURRICANES ...... Commiserations Barbarians we certainly rattled there cages !!!!

After such an enjoyable competition lets finish with our heads held high up against our friends the FERDIES.

I Have only one request of the HURRICANES please to wrap up comp against the crowing BLUES !!!!

To my team mates, has been a very enjoyable competition and I wish to thank each one of u for being part of a very friendly group ....... my personal thanks to my son Daniel for stepping in and he and I will pick one horse each in final match next week if its ok with everyone :D

Once again I wish to thank P J for his excellent comp despite mishaps and also congratulations on your past weeks successful ENDEAVOURS :)

Thanks for a back on deck Sir G.

Yes Hobson's choice Gal. I'll go for Blues in final sponsored by Politically  Correct. com. Their prize an hour with the Hurrysooks. Or six monthes in Boga Rd. 

1 hour ago, Memphis2 said:

Yes Hobson's choice Gal. I'll go for Blues in final sponsored by Politically  Correct. com. Their prize an hour with the Hurrysooks. Or six monthes in Boga Rd. 

:P  Good luck champ with your play-off for 5th & 6th - at least you finished ahead of your mentor

Hard luck Chiefs ,caught us on a good day.Impressive first try by you guys last night though.

Well done Sharks.Especially the winners.Rees left his best till late and MOMo has been a star.I've got

a Coolmore hat for the tipper who finishes highest in the dollar count in our team.

Fifth will do us.Basically winner of the plate.

11 hours ago, Memphis2 said:

Hard luck Chiefs ,caught us on a good day.Impressive first try by you guys last night though.

Well done Sharks.Especially the winners.Rees left his best till late and MOMo has been a star.I've got

a Coolmore hat for the tipper who finishes highest in the dollar count in our team.

Fifth will do us.Basically winner of the plate.

In that vein, I will put up an Arrowfield Cap for the top scorer in the Grand Final......

GRAND FINAL DAY

Race 1 - Hastings R3

1st - 3 Wills Road W-$15.60

2nd - 12 Echezeaux Q-$63.50

scr: 1,2,9

subs: #6 then #4

CHAMPIONSHIP GRAND FINAL 

0 THE HURRICANES 0.00

1 THE BLUES 156.00

The Hurricanes would have led 2-0 had the runner-up got there but instead they miss as Brian puts the Jaffas in front from the get go. Looking forward to this battle.

0.00 Hesi

0.00 Pete

0.00 The Crucible

0.00 Gordy

0.00 John

0.00 Geoff

0.00 Von Smallhausen

156.00 Brian

0.00 Viceroy

0.00 Howie

3rd PLACE PLAYOFF 

0 THE FERDIES 0.00

0 THE BARBARIANS 0.00

Echezeaux missed denying Steve and The Ferdies an early lead as everyone missed.

0.00 Steve

0.00 Steve P

0.00 Maurice

0.00 Sasha

0.00 PJ

0.00 Daniel/Rex

0.00 Bryan

0.00 Sir Castleton

0.00 Heather

0.00 Ray

5th PLACE PLAYOFF 

1 THE STAGS 156.00

1 THE SHARKS 156.00 

Cam and Alan each get their respective sides underway with the Awapuni visitor.

0.00 Damion

156.00 Cam

0.00 FWTB

0.00 MoMo

0.00 Kay

0.00 Rees

0.00 Isaac

0.00 Jason

0.00 Alan

0.00 Mark

7th PLACE PLAYOFF 

0 THE TURBOS 0.00

0 THE CHIEFS 0.00 

Only Moose on the runner-up and no one on the double figure winner.

0.00 Moose

0.00 Jack

0.00 Rosina

0.00 Casper

0.00 Bryn

0.00 Catalano

0.00 Ted

0.00 Ian

0.00 Betty

0.00 Sylvia

0 THE CRUSADERS 0.00

2 THE KAURI KATS 312.00  

The 'Saders all trip up as Graeme and Sharne make a nice start for the Puddys.

0.00 Richie

156.00 Sharne

0.00 Cubes

0.00 Sarah

0.00 Rob

0.00 Jen

0.00 Tom

0.00 Pam

0.00 Mr Gee

156.00 Graeme

3 minutes ago, Peter Jenkins said:

GRAND FINAL DAY

Race 1 - Hastings R3

1st - 3 Wills Road W-$15.60

2nd - 12 Echezeaux Q-$63.50

scr: 1,2,9

subs: #6 then #4

CHAMPIONSHIP GRAND FINAL 

0 THE HURRICANES 0.00

1 THE BLUES 156.00

The Hurricanes would have led 2-0 had the runner-up got there but instead they miss as Brian puts the Jaffas in front from the get go. Looking forward to this battle.

0.00 Hesi

0.00 Pete

0.00 The Crucible

0.00 Gordy

0.00 John

0.00 Geoff

0.00 Von Smallhausen

156.00 Brian

0.00 Viceroy

0.00 Howie

Image result for image crying hurricanes supporter