RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Swoopa

Euros 2016

Unreal - although not exactly a rarity for England to underperform.

Amazing to watch (supposedly) good players fall to pieces .. Rooney couldn't pass a ball, Kane was awful, as was Walker, Sturridge, Sterling, Wiltshire etc etc etc - and of course Hart made his second major error of the tournament.

Fair play to Iceland - deserved it.

Italy looked a bit special this morning I thought - mind you need to be to beat Germany... great stuff still to come.

Still fancy Belgium could go all the way....might have to beat Germany in the Final mind you.

England's performance just highlighted to me the importance of the quality overseas players in the Premier League. The English players, generally, are just not that good. Occasional bright performances just mask the fact that technically, "they ain't all that."...the most overpaid people in the World....

You have to give credit to the Icelanders though...played with passion and defended for their lives. Don't expect them to get past France, but who knows....funny old game this football......;)

I just love the passion shown by the smaller nations' supporters. Compare this to The All Blacks games against Wales. If you took away the commentators it would be deadly silence on TV.

For the Dunedin game it took until about 55 minutes before they came out with the ALL Bllacks ALL BLACKS chant.

The Lions Supporters next year will show us how to support a team.

22 hours ago, chelseacol said:

Unreal - although not exactly a rarity for England to underperform.

Amazing to watch (supposedly) good players fall to pieces .. Rooney couldn't pass a ball, Kane was awful, as was Walker, Sturridge, Sterling, Wiltshire etc etc etc - and of course Hart made his second major error of the tournament.

Fair play to Iceland - deserved it.

Italy looked a bit special this morning I thought - mind you need to be to beat Germany... great stuff still to come.

I thought Italy looked a bit fragile in the early rounds,but even though they were under the pump at times from Spain they kept them out. Could be the darkhorse.

Iceland to play France now I think, who are a completely different kettle of fish to clueless England. But who knows, I remember Greece winning at about 5000/1, strange old game football.

If you get a chance watch the Italian coach/manager during the game. A maniacal character,running up and down the sideline screaming and waving his arms,kicking the ball away toward the end when it crossed the line for a Spain throw in,and almost catapulting himself into the stands at the end with excitement. Funny as.

No wonder they say to cut an Italians arms off is to render him speechless.

On 28 June 2016 at 1:48 PM, Ohokaman said:

Still fancy Belgium could go all the way....might have to beat Germany in the Final mind you.

England's performance just highlighted to me the importance of the quality overseas players in the Premier League. The English players, generally, are just not that good. Occasional bright performances just mask the fact that technically, "they ain't all that."...the most overpaid people in the World....

You have to give credit to the Icelanders though...played with passion and defended for their lives. Don't expect them to get past France, but who knows....funny old game this football......;)

My thoughts exactly.....

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/football-soccer/news/article.cfm?c_id=86&objectid=11665391&ref=rss

On 6/29/2016 at 0:12 PM, globederby12 said:

If you get a chance watch the Italian coach/manager during the game. A maniacal character,running up and down the sideline screaming and waving his arms,kicking the ball away toward the end when it crossed the line for a Spain throw in,and almost catapulting himself into the stands at the end with excitement. Funny as.

Going to be entertaining watching him at the Bridge this year ......... lets hope he can do a job for usB)

Great game this morning....Ronaldo will be peeing himself having to face team mate Bale..

I rated Belgium above Portugal so on that basis Wales must have a chance....Ramsey missing might be a problem.

Cheering on the Italians to beat the Germans....they have a pretty good record against them......;)

My only concern for Wales is they may have had their final and be flat next time. And yes Ramsey will be missed. Portugal must be wondering how the hell they have got this far - been terrible for large parts of all their games.

I'm with you in the morning Ohoka - would love Italy to get past our German friends. I have enjoyed Italy at this tournament (when at full strength anyway !)

6 hours ago, bloke said:

Belguim defence was very poor. They had two defenders out so I guess when you change half of your back line around its going to show.

I said earlier on that they had a brilliant team individually but couldn't play as a unit. There yah go, good on Wales, brilliant result..

Come on  Italy make some sour krauts for us. And I agree with Chelseacol. Belgium have floundered their way through to this point.

8 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Have you ever seen a worse penalty shoot out than that one...??!  Some of those efforts were schoolboy stuff..

Italians had them by the short and curlies and gave it away........:wacko:

Totally unreal mate. Awful efforts by a number. Zaza will be haunted forever - what a dick. Pelle etc etc etc. Even the winner was poor and Gigi must still be wondering how he didn't save it.

Great to watch if you were neutral though !!

Penalties are easy to score from if your team is two up with 5 minutes to go but those shoot outs can  turn you into jelly regardless the level of the game. Not to mention that you have aready played for 120 minutes and you are mentally drained.

Mind you it was pay back time as Italy had beaten Germany on numerous occasions in penalty shootouts on the big stage. Still ,was rooting for the Azzures ,but boy that made for an interesting spectacle . Tired bodys and minds made penalty taking a lottery. Still think it is a cruel way to lose a game of that length and intensity.

On 02/07/2016 at 11:52 AM, bloke said:

Penalties are easy to score from if your team is two up with 5 minutes to go but those shoot outs can  turn you into jelly regardless the level of the game. Not to mention that you have aready played for 120 minutes and you are mentally drained.

One of those penalty takers had only come on in the final minutes of extra time. He wasn't that mentally/physically drained. I think he was the one who kicked it 20 meters high and 10 meters to the side of the goal. Maybe he had too much energy??

On ‎29‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 0:12 PM, globederby12 said:

Now doesn't that sound like someone I know on a Saturday arvo monitoring PJ's Winter comp:D