RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Cat

All Whites odds

Am I correct in saying that our TAB are offering 1000 to 1 for our All Whites to win the Soccer World Cup?

That means if I 'invest' $5 on the All Whites and they win,then I get $5000 back?

Thats pathetic.

I'll offer ONE MILLION to ONE.

Thats right.If any one wants to give me their hard earned $$$ I'll 'invest' it for you,and I'll give you $1,000,000 for every $1 you give me IF THE ALL WHITES WIN THE SOCCER WORLD CUP.

IF THEY DONT WIN,THEN THANKS FOR YOUR MONEY:D

Any takers?

Ludicrous, innit, catman...

The current NZ TAB World Cup market:

1 $5.25 Spain

2 $5.50 Brazil

4 $7.00 England

3 $9.00 Argentina

5 $13.00 Germany

6 $13.00 Holland

7 $13.00 Italy

8 $18.00 France

10 $25.00 Portugal

11 $28.00 Ivory Coast

14 $50.00 Ghana

25 $50.00 Chile

12 $60.00 Paraguay

15 $60.00 Cameroon

17 $60.00 Mexico

18 $60.00 Serbia

23 $60.00 USA

21 $80.00 Nigeria

19 $100.00 Uruguay

20 $100.00 Denmark

22 $100.00 South Africa

24 $100.00 Greece

27 $100.00 Australia

30 $200.00 Japan

31 $200.00 Switzerland

37 $200.00 Slovakia

33 $250.00 South Korea

38 $250.00 Slovenia

40 $300.00 Algeria

39 $500.00 Korea DPR

41 $500.00 Honduras

36 $1000.00 New Zealand

I'd want $1000 as a return if New Zealand won a game...

You wonder about our TAB - they must know we aren't going to win (the World Cup Final, I mean).

So why be so miserly?

Almost as silly is their market on New Zealand to win its group:

1 $1.28 Italy

2 $4.50 Paraguay

3 $10.00 Slovakia

4 $35.00 New Zealand

To win the group, you'd need an absolute minimum of a win and a draw from your three gsames. So, NZ TAB, which teams are New Zealand gonna get a win and a draw against?

Saw the tab fixed odds guys put 501/1 up for star trotter kelly evander yesterday,1 mill to 1 catman still way unders 1000/1 does anyone take those odds,those are pat lams odds for coach of the year.

Should be $1000 to earn a point.

slb, the NZ TAB have a (typically-short) market up for that too:

All Whites Number of Points in Grp Stage

$1.72 0 points

$2.85 1 point

$8.00 2 points

$7.50 3 points

$20.00 4 points

$200.00 5 points

$60.00 6 points

$300.00 7 points

$750.00 9 points

Laughable!

Put me down for a fiver Catster.

I can smell an upset coming on.

A fiver is worth lufck all nowdays but $5m would set me up for a couple of years.

Watch the odds crash now!!

A fiver is worth lufck all nowdays but $5m would set me up for a couple of years.

I struggle to see that upset, Memphis.

NZ play, in order, Slovakia, Italy and Paraguay.

Examine that...

For Slovakia (the third seed) to qualify they'd be targetting NZ as a must-win.

Italy will have played Paraguay before playing NZ. If the Italians drew or lost to Paraguay then they'd HAVE to beat NZ. Even if they got a win or a draw, they'd be targetting us as a must-win to ensure they top the group.

And Paraguay? If they didn't get a result against Italy, they'd be desperate for a win, too.

No easy game for the All Whites, then...

I'd tip the results as:

NZL 1 SLO 3

PAR 0 ITA 1

NZL 0 ITA 2

PAR 1 SLO 0

PAR 3 NZL 0

ITA 2 SLO 0

So ITA 9pts, PAR 6pts, SLO 3pts and little NZL 0pts...

No draws in those results .. with the PAR-ITA game the most likely to produce one...

Memphis, who would you see NZL drawing with?

This type of posting just goes to show that some people have absolutely now idea how to frame a book.

Show me anywhere else in the world that offers NZ at 1000000/1?

What odds Bangladesh to beat Pakistan in an ODI?

This type of posting just goes to show that some people have absolutely now idea how to frame a book.

No,I dont have any idea,but I do have a brain and some balls,something betting agencies obviously havent.

Tell me oh wise expert Voorhees,how do you frame a book?Personally,I'd head down the road to Factory Frames and buy a frame that would fit,but you have your own expert ideas so please explain.

Show me anywhere else in the world that offers NZ at 1000000/1?

There is NOWHERE else in the world!!Dont you get it?Thats the point of this thread.Why dont the TAB show some BALLS and offer a million bucks?

I am offering it right here..(tongue in cheek obviously:tongue: but I thought I should clear that up for you:rolleyes: ) and NO ONE has bitten,except you...

What odds Bangladesh to beat Pakistan in an ODI?

How are you comparing Bangladesh beating Pakistan in a one Day International to the All Whites winning the Soccer World Cup?

Some people....:rolleyes:

Memphis me ole mate:D

I'll gladly take your hard earned $5.

Just deposit it into TAB account number 123456 and 'if' the All Whites win the World Cup I'll hand over the $5,000,000 currently stashed away in there;)

If they dont win...then thanks for your fiver:D

My thoughts too Catty.

A team winning the Soccer world cup, compared to a one dayer?? Weird comparison...

NZ are 'no' chance of winning the world cup... It wont happen, and never happen. So why dont the tab/'s extend to odds so that punters will put some on.. I expect there to be under $100 invested on NZ to win the tourny. Which is already just giving your money away.

I'd say you'd see Betfair folk pushing the odds to mental prices just to get the odd sucker thinking hes getting value for NZ at $10,000... whereas' they should be at $100,000

Voorhees, I may not have many clues about setting a book but I do know cold, hard mathematics when I see them.

To win the World Cup, New Zealand will need (as a minimum) a win and a draw from their three pool games. They will then need to win a Round of Sixteen game, a Quarterfinal game, a Semifinal game and a Final game.

So that's 5 wins from 8 games, the last 4 of which would need to be in succession.

Now, given world rankings, us being 80th, you would expect New Zealand to be massive outsiders in each game they play.

Let's assume that the miracle happens and that New Zealand gets 4 points and make the Round of Sixteen.

There I reckon they'd likely meet The Netherlands.

Win that and they'd likely play Brazil in the Quarterfinals.

Win that and it'd be England in the Semifinals.

Win that and it's just a matter of polishing off Spain in the Final.

A little more difficult, don't you think?, that Bangladesh winning a one-off ODI against Pakistan, lol?

ODI games - as New Zealand has recently shown against Australia - can often be close-run affairs. Hell, the outsider even quite regularly wins.

But tournament competitions (like FIFA World Cups) tend not to be won by such outsiders. Look at the list of winners:

1930 Uruguay

1934 Italy

1938 Italy

1950 Uruguay

1954 (West) Germany

1958 Brazil

1962 Brazil

1966 England

1970 Brazil

1974 (West) Germany

1978 Argentina

1982 Italy

1986 Argentina

1990 (West) Germany

1994 Brazil

1998 France

2002 Brazil

2006 Italy

Only 7 teams have ever won the World Cup. Truly great teams like Hungary (in the 50s) and The Netherlands (70s) couldn't do it.

1,000,000-to-1 might be a bit outlandish but then so too is 1000-to-1!

I'll gladly take your hard earned $5

If you did this then you are committing a crime, you do realise this?

And why on earth would you frame a book that would make you go BROKE??? THAT'S what would happen if you offer stupid odds of 1M/1? Can you not savvy that?

Obviously not, you are not that clever are you?!

If you did this then you are committing a crime, you do realise this?

And why on earth would you frame a book that would make you go BROKE??? THAT'S what would happen if you offer stupid odds of 1M/1? Can you not savvy that?

Obviously not, you are not that clever are you?!

Oh stop it,your foolishness is making me wet my pants,let alone choking on my blueberry muffin.

How will I go broke Voorhees?If the All Whites win the World Cup?

:D Now,seriously...

And I'm breaking the law...LMFAO,really.

Go tell the cops.

I'm taking the money off Memphis and there aint nuthin you can do about it:tongue:

I will put my plums on the line and say the All Whites are a CHANCE of a draw.

Remember Senegal against France in the opening game of their World Cup:)?

I agree a million to one would be closer for them to win the tournament, and the TAB should reflect that or not even take money on them.

Bless them if they do as well as i hope!

I will put my plums on the line and say the All Whites are a CHANCE of a draw.

Remember Senegal against France in the opening game of their World Cup:)?

I agree a million to one would be closer for them to win the tournament, and the TAB should reflect that or not even take money on them.

Bless them if they do as well as i hope!

Closet,I'd be stoked with a draw.

The point of this thread is thus.

A Million to one is unders.Lets be realistic.A 1000-1 which is what our TAB are offering is,well...

Voorhees starts on his high horse about going broke FFS.

What say I can afford $50,000,000?

And then...get this...what I am doing is AGAINST THE LAW!!:D

hahahahahaaaaaa

The way Ricky is going, I wouldn't put a draw or a win past him! :D

Now I don't follow the international soccer much so this following reasoning may sound stupid but I see Mexico are 60/1 to win and Slovakia are 200/1.

The All Whites pushed Mexico a lot of the way in there friendly match, admittedly a friendly, and Mexico may of rested some of their best players, but if Slovakia are 200/1 compared to 60/1 it figures then that Slovakia must be quite a bit worse than Mexico therefore we should be able to well and truly compete with them.

I'm just trying to find a point/points for us boys somewhere. :D

Cos they well and truly deserve it!

I see we are $2.85 to get 1 point in the group stage and $7.50 to get 3 points. So my bet might be the same as an E/W bet in racing, and hope we can either draw or win against Slovakia, and at the least i'll get my money back and a tiny bit more.

That doesn't sound to crazy does it? :D

I like your thinking, Mr Winbig.

I think if we do get a point, it's likely to be against Slovakia ...

first game for both teams, adrenalin pumping etc...

And, no matter what I think of our lot's chances, lol, I be cheering them all the way...

Let's face it, all you need to do to get a draw is have a goalkeeper that plays a blinder and an opposition forward line that is having an off day! And imgaine, just imgaine, if little New Zealand scored the first goal!

But - and its a big but - Slovakia are ranked 31 in the world...

I think the TAB should frame a Market for those with realistic hopes.

And the teams that make up the numbers should come under the 1 option called OTHERS.

A League World Cup would go like this

Australia $1-50

NZ 5-1

Eng 6-1

Others 500-1

I'm picking that by the time the (FIFA) World Cup comes about our TAB will have a few 'novelty bets' up and running - if only to attract bets that, as slb says, the 1000-to-1 about NZ winning the affair sure won't attract.

Things like 'Best Showing By A Pacific Country' - that'd include Japan, both Koreas, Aussie, us, Mexico, the US etc - rather like golf tournaments has groups like 'Best European', 'Best Australasian'...

Memphis me ole mate:D

I'll gladly take your hard earned $5.

Just deposit it into TAB account number 123456 and 'if' the All Whites win the World Cup I'll hand over the $5,000,000 currently stashed away in there]

happen Cat is there will be a world wide bird flu epidemic.The final will be played in Taupo between ozi and the Kiwis as Sth Pacific is unaffected.ozi get 7 players sent off for handball and we win with a golden goal.

Anyway i would all up it into the Abz in WC so you are safe:D