RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Forrest

Americain

Standing at Calumet farm in the USA for 20000 dollar fee.

I have always liked this horse on looks and pedigree and what an outstanding racehorse he was, but I always imagined if he stood in NZ or AUST that his fee would be more around the 10000 to 12000 mark in order to convince people to breed stayers.

I would have thought at least initially he would find it hard commercially untll he got a few to the track, but it could just be me wanting him to be within my range of fee.

Of course he wouldnt be the first or last to have a vastly different fee set NH versus SH but it usually goes up when you go to Australasia.

Any thoughts?

I guess it is not that expensive for him in US but for us a bit rich. I saw him close up in Melbourne an absolute stunner and very relaxed - will he shuttle?? Would love to have a mare to go to him :)

Agree that he is a stunning looking animal. I could (almost!) be persuaded to want to start breeding again if he was at stud here! Although I would need to convince my bank manager that breeding horses is an investment, when clearly it is not, but it is a bit of fun if you don't mind losing thousands!!!!!!

$12,500 is a fair price for a horse that is well known in Australia. You put that on par with Road to Rock, Shocking and a few other Australian stayers it is probably a fair price and competitive.

Optical...

I have no pretensions towards claiming any expertise in the thoroughbred breeding realm but, having established my lack of credentials in this area, I feel compelled to say that the pricing of Americain in his first season at stud in the Southern Hemisphere seems very, very reasonable to me.

I further feel compelled to label the service fee as generous.

Never, not even in my wildest dreams, did I ever envisage the possibility that I would be passing comments of this nature on any thoroughbred service fee...not in this lifetime or any other.

Cheers.

Ashoka

As I stated I think that is a fairly good fee for attracting breeders to breed stayers, although in our case we wont be leaving NZ

To those who plan to use him, I dont think you will need too much luck , but plenty of patience, absolutely.

Apparently they are offering lifetime breeding rights to Americain for $30,000 aussie dollars for limited shares on a  first come first serve basis.

Sounds pretty good to me, except it is not in NZ.