RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
GONSTA

Clone your own

There was a feeling abroad a couple of weeks ago that this greyhound could be something special when, having just its 6th start, Clone Your Own as a C1 chaser showed dazzling speed to win by 6 and a half lengths in 17.13 with sectionals of 5.94 and 11.19. Not too many C5 sprinters can come home that quickly.

Yesterday was his day to really show off. It was warm, there was a headwind in the back straight but a nice nor'wester to run home in. 16.87 with sectionals of 5.89 and 10.98. A phenomenal performance winning by 10 lengths. I am sure there has been no dog come home faster since we began sectional timing some years ago and more than one top sprinter would have had the aid of a tail wind down the home straight in that time. The previous best, according to my memory - not always at its best these days - was a tick over 11 seconds by a North Island sprinter which won the Galaxy "Consolation" on NZ Cup night 4-5 years ago.

Addington sprint records are:

CO Nervous Wave 17.10 - 21.04.06

C1 Zensu 17.04 - 04.01.07

C2 Watch The Jet 16.98 - 07/10/08 **

C2 Clone Your Own 16.87 - 14.09.12

C3 Watch The Jet 16.90 - 14.10.08

C4 Pizza Girl 16.88 - 02.10.07

C5 Another Gale 16.84 - 02.10.07 (track record)

Guest G McCarthy

But tardy start again.

Ellie saab was a very nice 520 bitch, can this dog get 500?

Same with her litter sister kara janx, drysdale despite being by dabyne shiraz is over the 295, jumps poor and then rockets home. They have alot of talent these 2, come from strong bitches yet not over middle distance.

Its a shame they are sprinting and at the mercy of their sluggish beginings, and could no doubt be a telling factor in the higher grades and could be the difference between them maturing into good dogs rather than great dogs. Ive got hopes drysdale can get 500 with his breeding.

But tardy start again.

Ellie saab was a very nice 520 bitch, can this dog get 500?

Same with her litter sister kara janx, drysdale despite being by dabyne shiraz is over the 295, jumps poor and then rockets home. They have alot of talent these 2, come from strong bitches yet not over middle distance.

Its a shame they are sprinting and at the mercy of their sluggish beginings, and could no doubt be a telling factor in the higher grades and could be the difference between them maturing into good dogs rather than great dogs. Ive got hopes drysdale can get 500 with his breeding.

Clone Your Own had its 2nd race start over 520m and qualified 2nd - after leading - for the OTB Final over 520m. (1st start 2nd over 295m). Seemed to have its chance and didn't run on. Finished 5th.

I rather thought the one that would go over 520m was Rodriguez but it is out with a niggle at the moment I gather.

Nice C3 field it is racing at Palmy on Monday - Race 7 over 375m

1 Decado C & D Roberts

2 Dyna Frier C & D Roberts

3 Jackson Town Steve Clark

4 Trendy Knocka's Lisa Ahern

5 Clone Your Own Alison Lee

6 Wee Diger Glen Hodgson

7 Drysdale Alison Lee

8 Cawbourne Flick John McInerney

9 Thrilling Pippi B & G Atwood

10 Bigtime Whizz Lisa Ahern

Will be cheering home my little puppy 'Jackson Town' to beat CYO