RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Kiah

Stop Betting on Greyhounds

After looking at a few threads today it is clear that if we want a better harness racing deal from the TAB and trackside that we have to stop betting on the dogs inbetween the horse races. I admit that I have been doing it as a lark. But honestly, the TAB have been milking this cash cow and making our service crappier and crappier and its all our own fault.

Tell others to stop - unless of course they are actually fans of the dogs. I am not a big bettor so me by myself will not make a difference but between all Cafers - who knows?

If everybody stopped betting on the Greyhounds and the industry disapeared, they would only put more racing on from Australia, how would that help? Would you tell everybody to boycott betting there as well?

Rediculous idea IMO! I follow all 3 codes closely and have got to admit the greyhounds are a lot better to bet on than harness racing! The amount of farcical races / drives ive witnessed in NZ is countless. At least the dish lickers give their all!

I follow all 3 codes closely and have got to admit the greyhounds are a lot better to bet on than harness racing!

Closely i.e. from The Moon?

Gee-up for sure. You might get a bite from someone.

After looking at a few threads today it is clear that if we want a better harness racing deal from the TAB and trackside that we have to stop betting on the dogs inbetween the horse races. I admit that I have been doing it as a lark. But honestly, the TAB have been milking this cash cow and making our service crappier and crappier and its all our own fault.

Tell others to stop - unless of course they are actually fans of the dogs. I am not a big bettor so me by myself will not make a difference but between all Cafers - who knows?

you should give ya self an uppercut for that post. ridiculous

The most ridiculous post of all time !!

I have stopped betting on Harness and pretty much only bet on the hounds now, as the returns are far more consistent, with a bit of knowledge. Are you on comission, now you are leading that TAB Harness betting comp?

I have stopped betting on Harness and pretty much only bet on the hounds now, as the returns are far more consistent, with a bit of knowledge. Are you on comission, now you are leading that TAB Harness betting comp?

Same.Probably 50% of my betting now on hounds and rest split between sports,gallops and trots.I agree as i am slowly getting more knowledgeable on dogs my returns are improving.

Up until 3 years ago i had never been to a dog meet or had a bet on a dog race.

The Dishlickers should introduce a new 'Exotic' bet.

Frame a market on which dog stops to cock a leg or to take a crap on the way to the boxes.

Frame another market on which handler stops to cock a leg or to take a crap on the way to the boxes.

If you happen to get both the dog and handler stopping to cock a leg or to take a crap then that is known as an ' ablutions double'.

I can here it now.

"How'd ya go ern the punt today Wayne?"

"Orrrr geeze mate, I cleaned 'em up on the ablutions at Wenty Park mate, the dog and the handler took a crap at the same time, beeeautiful".

greyhounds and am happy to say so!

I actively participate in all 3 codes and cant understand why there are still knockers out there!

I currently have a wee share in a galloper called Dcashman and have dabbled in a couple of standardbreds and are good friends with a lot of harness and galloping people.

Come on folks its the racing game we all love and there just happens to be 3 codes involved!

Great game of football on Sunday too against the harness boys.

AC