RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
GONSTA

Unprofessional/Okuku Star

Got a chance to see Unprofessional in the 1st race today and what a impressive bitch she is. Looks to be some great open class races in the future.

Interesting tonight to see Unprofessional run 29.72 and Okuku Star 29.71, i didn't get to see the latter race but i find it very hard to believe she ran that time. I may be proven wrong but shes previously had 30 starts at Wanganui for 3 wins and 8 placings with her previous fastest time in 30.30.

Got a chance to see Unprofessional in the 1st race today and what a impressive bitch she is. Looks to be some great open class races in the future.

Interesting tonight to see Unprofessional run 29.72 and Okuku Star 29.71, i didn't get to see the latter race but i find it very hard to believe she ran that time. I may be proven wrong but shes previously had 30 starts at Wanganui for 3 wins and 8 placings with her previous fastest time in 30.30.

yep flying 7 lengths quicker than the final ?

Seems quick but could be right. I saw both races. Unprofessional got in a bit of bother early and had to get around dogs to run 29.72 whereas Okuku Star was low flying from the jump and never left the rail.

I time Okuku Star and it still did NOT run faster than 30.30.

Bev

The dog deserves it, lovely connections too and 29.71 may help them to bred from her.

Well done team and very very nice time.

Does the dog Deserve it even if it's not true?! I highly doubt that time is correct, don't understand how a bitch could possibly improve that much after that many starts. If it is incorrect it should be changed for breeding Purposes etc.

Does the dog Deserve it even if it's not true?! I highly doubt that time is correct, don't understand how a bitch could possibly improve that much after that many starts. If it is incorrect it should be changed for breeding Purposes etc.

You are suggesting that all times are subject to some sort of reassessment after the race and deleted if they don't seem right. It's not the first strange time that's been run. I even thought Unprofessional's time seemed quick on the day seeing as she was slow away. Should we delete that as well?

You are suggesting that all times are subject to some sort of reassessment after the race and deleted if they don't seem right. It's not the first strange time that's been run. I even thought Unprofessional's time seemed quick on the day seeing as she was slow away. Should we delete that as well?

I have no doubts about unprofessional's time she's proven more than once she can run super time. She was hardly slow away, just took a couple strides to get going. When you look at other races on the same night and okuku stars previous race record it doesn't make sense. Tell me how many dogs have run faster than 29.70 in the last few years.

No, Unprofessionals time was right.

Bev

It doesn't alter the fact that if you start questioning times and changing them, you open up a huge can of worms.

Another reason why online replays would be good

Your not making much sense to me, if you had any idea about times and greyhounds it doesn't take a genius to work out this time is very abnormal. I still dont know what time okuku star ran, but I cannot see where 10 lengths improvement comes from with a bitch that age after so many starts. Personally I would have thought this was something the stipes or r.i.u would bring up. If it is wrong it's misleading punters and could be used to promote the dog for breeding purposes

We may have to beg to differ on this one because you're not making much sense to me either. I take your point that this time is curious but there are 5000 greyhound races run every year in NZ. You have noticed one anomaly. What about all the ones you missed? What if you missed this one? What about all the sprint races which might be 0.3 out? There may have been 50 other races this year which weren't timed correctly. If your suggestion is to be taken seriously and the time is removed from the record books then it's feasible that every race and every time should also be reviewed. Good luck with that

If it was a track record no one would still give a shit.Cos that's what the electronic time says and that can't be wrong,just ask the judges.

ReillyM is 100% correct in what he says.

But 95% of greyhound folks and the stipes don't care about the truth or the punters.

PS.

" As long as no body double checks times there should be no problem and if they do they should be charged with bringing the sport into disrepute."

"And kicked out with a life time ban."

Bye bye Bev. lol

We may have to beg to differ on this one because you're not making much sense to me either. I take your point that this time is curious but there are 5000 greyhound races run every year in NZ. You have noticed one anomaly. What about all the ones you missed? What if you missed this one? What about all the sprint races which might be 0.3 out? There may have been 50 other races this year which weren't timed correctly. If your suggestion is to be taken seriously and the time is removed from the record books then it's feasible that every race and every time should also be reviewed. Good luck with that

Personally i couldn't give a toss if this time isn't removed when found to be in-correct. My opinion on greyhound integrity would drop. I'm more on the side of the punter and this time is misleading to punters, will be interesting to see what price she goes around next start but if she's heavily backed because of that AMAZING time she ran! How many dogs have run faster than 29.70 the last few years?

Personally i couldn't give a toss if this time isn't removed when found to be in-correct. My opinion on greyhound integrity would drop. I'm more on the side of the punter and this time is misleading to punters, will be interesting to see what price she goes around next start but if she's heavily backed because of that AMAZING time she ran! How many dogs have run faster than 29.70 the last few years?

True. But you've got be a mug to follow the times. Half of them haven't run that for two years or more and just look at the mismatched times they sometimes put up e.g. today, this was the first race i picked:D lol

1. 76473 Opawa Johnny C2 nwtd

2. 88464 Indeed Unique C3 30.43

4. 12143 Mint Collision C3 30.56

5. 32332 Percentage Man C3 18.75

6. 84787 Endorse C3 25.84

7. 42422 Lachlan's Cash C3 30.88

8. 22231 Holland Badger C3 18.53

True. But you've got be a mug to follow the times. Half of them haven't run that for two years or more and just look at the mismatched times they sometimes put up e.g. today, this was the first race i picked:D lol

1. 76473 Opawa Johnny C2 nwtd

2. 88464 Indeed Unique C3 30.43

4. 12143 Mint Collision C3 30.56

5. 32332 Percentage Man C3 18.75

6. 84787 Endorse C3 25.84

7. 42422 Lachlan's Cash C3 30.88

8. 22231 Holland Badger C3 18.53

So what? That's the TAB's fault those times are mis-matched. None of those dogs times are ab normal or remotely close to it! You'd have to be a mug to ignore sectionals but that's your problem not mine!

Interesting to note after Okuku Star's ' apparent ' 29.71 win at wanganui 5 weeks ago, shes had 3 starts since and not looked close to running anything near that time. I just hope that time is not used to promote the dog in the breeding industry, as it is clearly INCORRECT !

because if you follow dogs you know it's wrong anyway and the dog will constantly go out paying less than it should which means there should be value elsewhere.

Yeah i know what you mean. The start after Okuku Star DIDN'T run 29.71, she opened up around $3 fixed and eneded up going around a little bit longer than that on the tote. I really feel for the punters that lost their hard earned on an apparent 'freak' time.

Corrupt!!!

Interesting to note ever since Okuku Star DIDN'T run 29.71, she's had 7 races all run in times over 30.29 and has only managed 2 seconds. Personally i thought the Stipes would pick this sort of thing up, but guess not!

Interesting to note ever since Okuku Star DIDN'T run 29.71, she's had 7 races all run in times over 30.29 and has only managed 2 seconds. Personally i thought the Stipes would pick this sort of thing up, but guess not!

tug tug.Get over it.