RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Mug Punter

"I've done nothing wrong", says Luke McCarthy

Had to laugh at this classic piece of journalism.

http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=97792

The article is all about how hard done by, not only Luke McCarthy is after being disqualified for 9 months for a positive swab, but the effect it will have on his owners.

The trouble is, the article is written by Steve Dolan, who just happens to be one of those owners! Talk about impartial jourmalism ..... not!

The main thing that neither Mr Dolan, nor Mr McCarthy can get their heads around, is how Mach Wiper returned a positive swab in the Newcastle Cup, yet came up clean in swabs taken in the weeks prior to, and just after the Newcastle meeting.

Pretty simple really gentlemen. The Newcastle Cup night swabs were probably sent to a different lab than the other swabs. My guess would be that they went to the best testing lab in the world in Hong Kong. And connections were probably lucky that the other swabs didn't go there too!

"I've done nothing wrong". Yeah right!

You're right Gruff, he may be innocent .... just like all the other 28 trainers the NSW authorities have nabbed for positives in recent months!

For years the chemists have been one step ahead of the testing labs, but it would seem the Hong Kong lab has turned the tables on them ..... for now.

I have no wish in convicting a man before his trial but I hope there is an innocent explanation here.

I've found betting on ALL NSW Harness meetings to be akin to betting on Pakistani Cricket. I have absolutely no confidence there at all. Many of the races seem "staged". Nothing is done to protect punters against any number of scams that almost seem routine. They need a major clean out from top to bottom.

A few months back Luke McCarthy took NSW Harness races by the scruff of the neck and dominated everything. He didn't just win virtually every race,he won like he was on 5 race winners against maidens.

IF there has been skullduggery on that scale life time suspensions need to come into play.

I have no wish in convicting a man before his trial but I hope there is an innocent explanation here.

I've found betting on ALL NSW Harness meetings to be akin to betting on Pakistani Cricket. I have absolutely no confidence there at all. Many of the races seem "staged". Nothing is done to protect punters against any number of scams that almost seem routine. They need a major clean out from top to bottom.

A few months back Luke McCarthy took NSW Harness races by the scruff of the neck and dominated everything. He didn't just win virtually every race,he won like he was on 5 race winners against maidens.

IF there has been skullduggery on that scale life time suspensions need to come into play.

......because there used to be dozens of Aussies posting on the Harness section on here , suggesting Aussie Harness was so well run.

And many Kiwis etc often sighed " This wouldn't happen in Aussie" etc etc.

Well it's transpired that tho the Aussie authorities will make an example of the odd serial offender , their general admin and ethics of Harness have well and truly been exposed in recent times.

The involvement of Stipes in condoning race-fixing,taking payments for non-testing etc etc really took the cake.

It's almost like the Pedafile Judge ruling in a case where the offender before him is charged with pedophilia offenses. How can anyone have any confidence in the process?

Is it time for the NZ TAB to make a stand on behalf of it's own customers and ban all betting on NSW Harness races until they have had a total clean out.

May seem strong to say it but is our TAB condoning corruption by allowing betting on races that there are so many huge question marks over?

I agree with you MUG, it is inappropriate and unprofessional for Steve Dolan to report on McCarthy when he has an association with him. He could have and should have declared his interest as a footnote to the article and I believe his failure to do so reflects poorly on both him and the Harnesslink website.

So if the drug stays in the system for "AT LEAST 56 DAYS", yet the horse tested negative well within that period either side of the Newcastle Cup victory, well, isn't that impossible?

I think it has to do with different testing procedures-a more thorough test at Newcastle Cup with samples going to Hong Kong

......because there used to be dozens of Aussies posting on the Harness section on here , suggesting Aussie Harness was so well run.

And many Kiwis etc often sighed " This wouldn't happen in Aussie" etc etc.

Well it's transpired that tho the Aussie authorities will make an example of the odd serial offender , their general admin and ethics of Harness have well and truly been exposed in recent times.

The involvement of Stipes in condoning race-fixing,taking payments for non-testing etc etc really took the cake.

This Aussie has NEVER been one to condone cheats in Harness Racing,Gary.It's very odd that you always pop your head up when Aus HR is in crisis given your support for the cheat,Mr Geoff Small?Very odd indeed!

BTW Gazza,Luke has been given the boot for 9 months and he will appeal so maybe you could direct him to the same legal counsel that Mr GS used?It's funny how there are cheats you know who are not really cheats,and there are cheats you don't know who must be cheats because you are a biggoted arsehole.That's a really weird thing about humans,isn't it Gary?

Forgot to mention,Gary,that if you want to experience your very own clone just have a look at the way triple v conducts himself on that Aus site.Some are guilty,but only if ya don't have a connection,eh bro?

This Aussie has NEVER been one to condone cheats in Harness Racing,Gary.It's very odd that you always pop your head up when Aus HR is in crisis given your support for the cheat,Mr Geoff Small?Very odd indeed!

BTW Gazza,Luke has been given the boot for 9 months and he will appeal so maybe you could direct him to the same legal counsel that Mr GS used?It's funny how there are cheats you know who are not really cheats,and there are cheats you don't know who must be cheats because you are a biggoted arsehole.That's a really weird thing about humans,isn't it Gary?

......on the drink again are we with this abusive outburst.

You are MIA , presumably because Aussie Harness is ,according to you ,in crisis !!!

So you pop your head up....you have barely posted in last 2 years....I'm a regular !!!

I'm sorry owen if things not going too well for you.

Your second post makes no sense at all.

I agree with you MUG, it is inappropriate and unprofessional for Steve Dolan to report on McCarthy when he has an association with him. He could have and should have declared his interest as a footnote to the article and I believe his failure to do so reflects poorly on both him and the Harnesslink website.

Couldn't agree more, writing an article and not declaring an association makes the entire industry lack transparency. The industry in my view lost a lot of credibility after Smoken Up was not disqualified from racing.

Was a matter of time before they turned swabs possibly even multiple. One of them rocks back from America and they win all and sundry. Send Kelly Evander over, she'll win 6 on the trot for them!

So if the drug stays in the system for "AT LEAST 56 DAYS", yet the horse tested negative well within that period either side of the Newcastle Cup victory, well, isn't that impossible?

Hi this was posted on Harnesslink & its worth a read. Could explain a few things.

Article

Determination of boldenone sulfoconjugate and related steroid sulfates in equine urine by high-performance liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry

Author Information

Equine Drug Testing and Toxicology. New York State College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, 925 Warren Drive, Ithaca, New York 14850, USA

†On leave from AB Hässle, S-431 83 Mölndal, Sweden.

*Equine Drug Testing and Toxicology. New York State College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, 925 Warren Drive, Ithaca, New York 14850, USA

Sulfoconjugated anabolic steroids were separated by micro-bore high-performance liquid chromatography. The eluent was introduced into the atmospheric pressure ion source of the triple-quadrupole mass spectrometer via an ion spray liquid chromatograph/mass spectrometer interface operated in the negative ion mode. The limit of detection was 10 pg on-column by selected ion monitoring of the molecular ion and the response increased linearly over a concentration range of 2.4 orders of magnitude. Following work-up by a liquid-solid extraction procedure of equine urine samples, full-scan daughter ion spectra of boldenone sulfate could be obtained up to 17 days after a therapeutic dose of boldenone undecylenate to a horse.

I've sent that information off to mensa for scientific analysis, and am expecting a simple english translation back any day now!

In other words 56 days can be incorrect , if administered correctly & mixed with other short life steroids & depending on horses weight, amount given, time its given, giving the horse diuretics to pee & pee, & the horses work etc can be non detectable in 17 days . IMO these guys who use any form of performance enhancing drugs know EXACTLY what they are doing.

......on the drink again are we with this abusive outburst.

You are MIA , presumably because Aussie Harness is ,according to you ,in crisis !!!

So you pop your head up....you have barely posted in last 2 years....I'm a regular !!!

I'm sorry owen if things not going too well for you.

Your second post makes no sense at all.

Yes Gazza, you are correct.You are a regular.... ****wit.I'm still waiting for a summons for my "defamatory' remarks on this site regarding the prince of cheats from New Zealand.Any update there Gary?You squeal long and loud when squeezed but offer a mere whimper when the going gets tough.

Tatatah!

Oh my farkin god!!The cheat has the gall to come back to the game and tell all of us honest people that he is straight and the rest of us are killing the HR game.VOMIT,PUKE & CHUNDER,with carrotts abundant.

Gazza.......say it isn't sooooooo!

Have a look at Harnesslink.

Gary,you have your nose in a very,very dark place.Coloured brown.

Tatatah!