Value Bell

Burley. A name that has not been around for a while.

5 hours ago, Charlie E said:

Only remember Birdie when I was driving . She of course married Don Dwyer not sure if they are still together , last I saw he was over in Aussie 

Don has been in country Victoria gallops training for past 2 decades Charlie. wins about a race a month or so.

Keith had a great broodmare named Birdie as well. (Dam of Dillon Dale (2nd in NZ Cup and open class Dillon Dean and a host of others)

we worked up a couple at one stage with Brian Pretious from QLD,  that were both by the Sire 'Birdie Hanover' too. Both out of Birdie just like the Dillon boys..

So they were named 'Birdie Twice' and 'Double Birdie ' of course lol 😁. those 2 didn't win many though , but at least they got to the races. 

Seem to recall that the Burleys had quite a grand 'white' home on Ormiston Road, on the way to Whitford - that land is now covered in houses. It was a bastard of a hill to ride over, that much I can remember clearly 😁 

I think that Jocelyn Burley was one of the daughters, a notable Cricketer and possibly a teacher (at one of the schools I attended?)

On 6/11/2024 at 11:08 PM, Alf Riston said:

Seem to recall that the Burleys had quite a grand 'white' home on Ormiston Road, on the way to Whitford - that land is now covered in houses. It was a bastard of a hill to ride over, that much I can remember clearly 😁 

I think that Jocelyn Burley was one of the daughters, a notable Cricketer and possibly a teacher (at one of the schools I attended?)

I think Heather was the name of his daughter that was married to Don