RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
what a post

yearling sales

Lot 151 - Virgil Exner

Christian Cullen - Rye Hanover.

rye Hanover full sister to rustler hanover and red River hanover, Family of rock and roll hanover , M Purdon has 2 yr old half brother to it out of Artsplace and is working nicely at the trials, $200,000 is my pick

Too many zeros. My prediction for this year that you will see $10k yearlings going for $3k. Not quite a fire sale but lots of bargains. Until we see a rise in stakes I think the buyers are going to be more careful with their cash. Any vendor who gets $120k can count themselves very lucky

I think even the Aussies will be selective this year. Afterall, all they have to do is let a Kiwi purchase a horse, break it in/educate it etc. then in a years time buy it for probably less than what it would have cost at the sale, and anyway the first years work and associated costs will be saved.

The exchange rate is well in Aussies favour but I'm picking they'll be pretty choosy simply because they can be. If the three days at Chch end up anything like the t/breds there's gonna be a lot of cheap stuff around - or dog tucker.

Too many zeros. My prediction for this year that you will see $10k yearlings going for $3k. Not quite a fire sale but lots of bargains. Until we see a rise in stakes I think the buyers are going to be more careful with their cash. Any vendor who gets $120k can count themselves very lucky

Depending on what the stakes do over the next 1 - 2 years, $3K might not be a bargain but more realistic though not good in relation to stud fees and prep.

It's just like any other auction, unless more than 1 party is keen on a particular lot, it doesn't work, then they are passed in. Problem is, after that, that's the market value of that horse, which isn't really the value and certainly not any where near the recovery of the costs.

I think eljay's earlier post was right on the button, why take the gamble, wait until they do the first years preparation, then buy. At least you then reduce the chances of buying a dud, and probably getting it cheaper overall.

That's why claiming horses is a great way to go. Naturally, not in the same league, but you normally know what you are paying for, and they are ready to go the following week. Some horses bought at the sales for big or small money, end up, never ready to go.

Lot 151 - Virgil Exner

Christian Cullen - Rye Hanover.

rye Hanover full sister to rustler hanover and red River hanover, Family of rock and roll hanover , M Purdon has 2 yr old half brother to it out of Artsplace and is working nicely at the trials, $200,000 is my pick

this horse will be top lot of the sale.

look at the family and the sire. best of nz mixed with the best of usa. has stallion written all over him

this horse will be top lot of the sale.

look at the family and the sire. best of nz mixed with the best of usa. has stallion written all over him

the only thing wrong with the page is that the dam hasnt produced a top stakes-earning horse herself yet.I'd have to agree beautifully breed though.

I know its a filly but lot 17 day 1 Christchurch CC filly out of Western Dream full brother (1st foal from mare) Qualified in Southland then sold to All Star Stable for big money. Might not be sales topper but 100k plus

the only thing wrong with the page is that the dam hasnt produced a top stakes-earning horse herself yet.I'd have to agree beautifully breed though.

she may be the dam of a group race winner this weekend with a runner in the sapling stakes at ashburton

Have a look at lot 82 at Karaka. Christian Cullen has certainly stamped his mark on this one. Should be bought fairly reasonably as mare has only had one to the races for a 1st and 2nd.