RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
aquaman

Filthy stool infested track.

Raced yesterday at Addington. Parading to the 520 boxes my dog did a jobby right on the finish line. There it lay in all its glory throughout the race. At the conclusion of the race when walking back to retrieve our dogs, one had to be careful not to step in it. Miraculously it had survived all 8 dogs going over it 2 times. It got me wondering, now whats going to happen to the jobby, so thought i would watch. The answer was soon forthcoming in the shape of a tractor towing a mat behind it. Yes you guessed it, straight over the top, end of jobby.

Now some of you probably do not consider this a big deal. But there are people in the Greyhound code that do wash, and make an attempt at personal hygiene, i being one, and i take offense at this sort of filthy behaviour and culture that is displayed by not actively picking up this offensive matter. Clubs are ramming down our throats" Health and Safety" at every turn, including Drug testing of LP's under the guise of its a "Safety Sensitive" activity. I consider a track that has stools mulched back into the sand a serious health issue, not only for humans, but also the dogs eye's.

I am not blaming the Starter or Parade Steward, they are only doing what they are told. The Club have a policy unlike any other Club in Australasia. That is, its beneath their dignity for the Parade Steward or Starter to been seen carrying a bucket and shovel, and they leave stools on the track if they are not near the boxes. Then after the race is run, the person driving the tractor is supposed to stop and pick up the offending matter. Well it didn't happen yesterday, and i suspect a good portion just get mulched into the track. They then apply water, and spread the contamination far and wide. Over a period of time, it can only get worse. This is a serious health hazard to my way of thinking. The track surface is yours and mine workplace.

When I was doing the starting at Cambridge & I'm now back doing a bit of work when need at Manukau the parade steward & I all ways carried the buck & shovel to pick up the offending matter when the dogs done one. I had no problem with it at as it is part of the health & safety for the dogs.

I do agree with you that leaving it on the track & leaving it there for the mats to run it over & push it into the track is not a good look at all.