RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Cunnamulla

Ellerslie weather

The weather forecast for Auckland today is rain with thundery downpours. I'm in Auckland at the moment and that's exactly what's happening, yet the TAB website says "Track dead, weather overcast." I would class this as totally misleading. Get ready for scratchings later today.

I live less than half a mile from Ellerslie in Remuera and we have had none of the conditions you describe here. Only light drizzle.

If you can predict the weather you wouldn't be wasting your time on blogging here. If it rains between now and racing in the next 4 hours, then yes the track will be downgraded and horses will scratch.

I live less than half a mile from Ellerslie in Remuera and we have had none of the conditions you describe here. Only light drizzle.

If you can predict the weather you wouldn't be wasting your time on blogging here. If it rains between now and racing in the next 4 hours, then yes the track will be downgraded and horses will scratch.

I get a feeling you actually work for the Auckland Racing Club, not just live nearby.

They will probably run first race and then downgrade the track - so best not punt on the first till you get reasonably accurate assessment. Would probably take a deluge to change their assessment within two hours of the first.

A couple of months ago I lambasted Ellerslie for not giving up to date track and weather information. Chris Weaver posted here defending the ARC. Where are you now, Chris?,you guys read these posts,you or one of your cohorts should have posted here hours ago. Why does the racing industry keep shooting itself in the foot in this country!

As at 3.30 the track is still a Dead 6. We have had 14mm of rain overnight and only 6mm today.

Allowing for the rail being out 12m, we expect the 1200m time to be between 1.12 and 1.13. The track is definately better than what we had on New Years Day, when the Railway was won in 1.11.57

Hopefully we don't get any substantial rain in the next 4 hours.

Kopia, the NZTR website has been kept up to date today. For the record, I don't sit in my office with my eyes glued to Racecafe ( as much as I may like to)

Good luck with your punting tonight and I hope you can find a horse to adapt to these conditions.

Chris

As at 3.30 the track is still a Dead 6. We have had 14mm of rain overnight and only 6mm today.

Allowing for the rail being out 12m, we expect the 1200m time to be between 1.12 and 1.13. The track is definately better than what we had on New Years Day, when the Railway was won in 1.11.57

Kopia, the NZTR website has been kept up to date today. For the record, I don't sit in my office with my eyes glued to Racecafe ( as much as I may like to)

Good luck with your punting tonight and I hope you can find a horse to adapt to these conditions.

Chris

Well you obviously read it quite often chris. The point is most of us are not in Auckland or we wouldn't be wondering. Why don't you, as a matter of course, have someone if not you post here on a raceday? Have a look at how many people read racecafe-do you want all of the punters in NZ ringing you every half hour to check weather/track conditions?

It's not satisfactory to say look at the NZTR website.Why do punters have to wait until races have been run to find the true track and weather position? You guys are providing a track and prizemoney for owners,trainers,punters and other interested parties. Having someone post here when the weather/track are questionable is not much to ask.

Further to my earlier post, it appears the track performed exactly as advised on the NZTR website despite the assertions of Cunnamulla and others. The senior jockeys gave us the feedback that the track was a Dead 6 tonight.

The two 1200m races were run in 1.12.84 and 1.12.32. The last 600m of all 6 races were run in 35 seconds

We keep the track conditions on the NZTR website as up to date as possible in the lead up to a meeting starting.

Kopia, we used to post track reports on racecafe leading up to the meeting and they were not widely viewed. We will look to provide more information on this site over the next 3 weeks as we conduct our big 4 meetings to help punters out however I would refer you to the http://www.nzracing.co.nz site for the latest info

Chris

Further to my earlier post, it appears the track performed exactly as advised on the NZTR website despite the assertions of Cunnamulla and others. The senior jockeys gave us the feedback that the track was a Dead 6 tonight.

The two 1200m races were run in 1.12.84 and 1.12.32. The last 600m of all 6 races were run in 35 seconds

We keep the track conditions on the NZTR website as up to date as possible in the lead up to a meeting starting.

Kopia, we used to post track reports on racecafe leading up to the meeting and they were not widely viewed. We will look to provide more information on this site over the next 3 weeks as we conduct our big 4 meetings to help punters out however I would refer you to the http://www.nzracing.co.nz site for the latest info

Chris

Thanks for replying Chris. I'm sure Butch keeps a close eye on the track on racedays , maybe you could delegate this to him? And I'm sure it would be as widely read as anything else here on raceday, can't blame Ellerslie for the fickleness in the weather but it seems to be a recurring issue.

Chris

Good on you for posting Chris.

I think it would be a great idea to post info on racecafe - anything you can do to improve confidence levels in track conditions for punters can only be a good thing turnover wise for the club(esp those of us a long way away).

On a different point - good luck for the Carnival approaching - a few of us down here have the tickets booked for the annual invasion for your Cup Week.

Col

Chris

Rail out 12 metres? That is a put off in itself.

Guest 2Admin2

Chris

Chris

We can create a separate forum for Ellerslie if you wish given that it is NZ's biggest carnival coming up. We can set it up so that only you have access to it however we can give you viewing statistics for an individual forum.

email admin@racecafe.co.nz if you are keen

We missed the rain that hit Auckland yesterday, so that track is drying well.

This morning the track was a Dead 4 and the rail will be out 8m.

It is fine and hot here currently although there is a high chance of afternoon thunder storms