RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
berty

What is the Smallest Horse

Just wondering what the smallest horse you know about that won a race. Have a rising 3yo and only about 14.2hh. Her full brother is 16.3hh. Might be by the teaser lol

Just wondering what the smallest horse you know about that won a race. Have a rising 3yo and only about 14.2hh. Her full brother is 16.3hh. Might be by the teaser lol

on the tape, he has won a couple of races, if he was bigger he would have been a really good horse but the smallest knocks send him for a sixa!!

- maybe she is a late developer!

If not - I hope your filly is a pocket rocket and sets a new record herself!

I have a weanling filly currently which is distinctly smaller than all her halves at the same age - despite being well fed/good condition etc. So I may end up in precisely yr position!

Good luck to you :)

I had a 14.3hh Filly by Johar, called Zafer, Raced 10 times in NZ for 1 win, 1 second, 3 thirds and 1 5th and a few 6ths. Weighed in every start bar 3. Since sold to AUS and has had one start for another second. I think if they have a big heart they will beat any big horse. She certainly was a very tough wee girl.. Not to bad for a $1500 purchase either, as everyone else was put off by her size and probably sire..

Mcginty was tiny, espiare was a pony,Balinchy raced in bigger puddles than herself..... sometimes small horses have big motors.... some ford falcons have morris minor motors and some minis have big Chevy motors, if only we knew which ones!!!

Am still hoping she will grow. Is built like a brick outhouse, and got attitude to burn, but just seems so small.

By the sounds, there have been a few tiny tots that have made it. Fingers crossed

smallest that I remember having in the stable was She's a Meanie lucky to be 14.3hh with her shoes on she went on to win a Group 1 plus has really done the goods as a broodmare