RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ashoka

Manawatu GRC Special General Meeting

The following is a verbatim extract from the legal opinion given by the MGRC solicitor, Bruce Stewart.

"I can find no reference in the rules to an Interim Management Team. As an interim management team is not provided for in the rules, therefore the Interim Management Team has no status. It certainly does not have the management status of the Club which is clearly provided for in rule 5. Anything which the five-person Interim Management Team does, does not have the authority of the Club and does not bind the Club."

The full legal opinion will be provided to members at the SGM (please see below).

MANAWATU GREYHOUND RACING CLUB

PO Box 4427, Palmerston North

Telephone: 06-3550784 Mobile: 021-670155 Facsimile: 06-3550785

E-mail: mgrc@xtra.co.nz

NOTICE OF SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING

Please be advised that a Special General Meeting of the Manawatu Greyhound Racing Club will be held in the Sires Room at the Awapuni Motor Hotel on Pioneer Highway, Palmerston North on

Sunday, 4 July 2010, commencing at 6.30pm.

Agenda

1. Roll Call.

2. Apologies.

3. Interim Management Committee update.

4. Secretary

For a start Ashoka,put your full legal OPINION on here,in front of everybody,so it can be perused by all before the meeting.This could be the largest club in NZ with your made up membership list,and no guarantee you will show!

The club members who still care about running their dogs,not trying to stuff up racing through incompetence,don't need this crap.

I still haven't found out the full story of what went on,and I've at least been interested. Andy

The following is a verbatim extract from the legal opinion given by the MGRC solicitor, Bruce Stewart.

"I can find no reference in the rules to an Interim Management Team. As an interim management team is not provided for in the rules, therefore the Interim Management Team has no status. It certainly does not have the management status of the Club which is clearly provided for in rule 5. Anything which the five-person Interim Management Team does, does not have the authority of the Club and does not bind the Club."

The full legal opinion will be provided to members at the SGM (please see below).

MANAWATU GREYHOUND RACING CLUB

PO Box 4427, Palmerston North

Telephone: 06-3550784 Mobile: 021-670155 Facsimile: 06-3550785

E-mail: mgrc@xtra.co.nz

NOTICE OF SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING

Please be advised that a Special General Meeting of the Manawatu Greyhound Racing Club will be held in the Sires Room at the Awapuni Motor Hotel on Pioneer Highway, Palmerston North on

Sunday, 4 July 2010, commencing at 6.30pm.

Agenda

1. Roll Call.

2. Apologies.

3. Interim Management Committee update.

4. Secretary

Firstly, Ashoka you nominated one of the members of the interim committee.

Secondly, you voted in that election for the interim committee.

Due to extra-ordinary circumstances the interim committee was elected by the members. There were no objections from any member INCLUDING you!

The interim committee were given specific powers which they have exercised and that is what you now object to.

The MGRC no longer has a secretary/manager, so the notice you have posted here is BS!

Your legal opinion was not asked for nor authorised by the members. As you are only a member of the MGRC you have no authority to take matters into your own hands. If you had an objection to any action made by the committee, you had the right to put your views to the membership at the authorised meeting which will be held at the Cloverlea this Sunday at 6pm.

Wow this whole mess gets dirtier by the day.Hard to believe anyone would sign themselves as holding an official position if they don't.Have been heaps of wrongs done over past couple of seasons but unless someone takes control-and yes, the interim committee is a good start- the pile of manure which continues to surround the Manawatu fiasco is only going to get bigger.Maybe the boxiung gloves need to come off on Sunday so at least the air can be cleared.For my money a key component is to get someone to administrate the club's affairs who is trusted by everyone in the Manawatu club.

At the last SGM a discussion took place in regard to the fact that the club had no committee, only an elected 3 person delegation.

It was made clear to the members that in order for the club to move forward, a committee needed to be elected. What form that committee would take was also discussed at length and it was agreed by the members, that the format that exists at present was the best way forward.

It was made clear to all members that the rules were specific and that those same rules did not allow for a committee of such a structure. However it was explained that the club was faced with a situation of extra-ordinary circumstance, one that could not be forseen when the constitution was written. It was agreed by ALL to elect the committee which now exists.

Why would you then engage a legal person to give an opinion on the rules and the legal standing of the elected committee, when the members were already aware that there was no existing provision under the constitution. Knowing this situation was not provided for, the MEMBERS made the decision to proceed.

I find the fact that an individual present at that meeting has chosen to seek a legal opinion on what was already known and discussed. This action is a complete and utter waste of money. But in saying that, if an individual wishes to waste his own funds in such fashion, be it on him.

Wow this whole mess gets dirtier by the day.Hard to believe anyone would sign themselves as holding an official position if they don't.Have been heaps of wrongs done over past couple of seasons but unless someone takes control-and yes, the interim committee is a good start- the pile of manure which continues to surround the Manawatu fiasco is only going to get bigger.Maybe the boxiung gloves need to come off on Sunday so at least the air can be cleared.For my money a key component is to get someone to administrate the club's affairs who is trusted by everyone in the Manawatu club.

very hard to try to get matters back on track. They have had a very hard road to hoe. They are unpaid and have been generous with their time. They have sought to ensure that no one is disadvantaged while the situation is sorted and they are to be commended for that. When all the questions are answered, they will lay it all out for the members to see, and then the members can weigh up all the pro's and con's and make the decisions that need to be made.

It is my opinion that it is imperative that racing continue, there is no benefit to anyone including the club if it does not.

At the last SGM a discussion took place in regard to the fact that the club had no committee, only an elected 3 person delegation.

It was made clear to the members that in order for the club to move forward, a committee needed to be elected. What form that committee would take was also discussed at length and it was agreed by the members, that the format that exists at present was the best way forward.

It was made clear to all members that the rules were specific and that those same rules did not allow for a committee of such a structure. However it was explained that the club was faced with a situation of extra-ordinary circumstance, one that could not be forseen when the constitution was written. It was agreed by ALL to elect the committee which now exists.

Why would you then engage a legal person to give an opinion on the rules and the legal standing of the elected committee, when the members were already aware that there was no existing provision under the constitution. Knowing this situation was not provided for, the MEMBERS made the decision to proceed.

I find the fact that an individual present at that meeting has chosen to seek a legal opinion on what was already known and discussed. This action is a complete and utter waste of money. But in saying that, if an individual wishes to waste his own funds in such fashion, be it on him.

All said done Deb why is there no audited accounts for members to view just lots of here say and now members don`t know which meeting to go to. Sec/Manager made it clear he still in office. a interim Committee has no legal powers under the rules regardless whether members that attended were told otherwise. short cuts lets start the new interim committee off by allowing them to breach club rules and abuse members right who are not able to attend meetings everytime.

Is their any part of this industry ever going to follow rules, cause untill fairness and rules are followed by clubs and GRNZ this industry will remain in a mess.

Start a new club best option, fresh start clean, leave the baggage from the old club behind to work its self out and find its place, which seems liquidation the best result for everyone in the CD.

Move on please.

All said done Deb why is there no audited accounts for members to view just lots of here say and now members don`t know which meeting to go to. Sec/Manager made it clear he still in office. a interim Committee has no legal powers under the rules regardless whether members that attended were told otherwise. short cuts lets start the new interim committee off by allowing them to breach club rules and abuse members right who are not able to attend meetings everytime.

Is their any part of this industry ever going to follow rules, cause untill fairness and rules are followed by clubs and GRNZ this industry will remain in a mess.

Start a new club best option, fresh start clean, leave the baggage from the old club behind to work its self out and find its place, which seems liquidation the best result for everyone in the CD.

Move on please.

I don't understand your comment Danny, "and abuse members right who are not able to attend meetings everytime".

How were your rights abused?

There were 50 people at the meeting. 3 apologies were received, they are noted in the minutes. You weren't one of the apologies Danny. You have to attend a meeting to have a vote and discuss the issues.

As for the audit, two years in a row the members voted to change the auditor used, two years in a row the accounts were taken back to the same auditor. Why?

The committee has made several attempts to access the financial information required to bring the members up to speed. Their efforts were continually blocked by one person.

I don't have a fax Danny so I can't send you a copy of the minutes. Liquidation was one of the options discussed at the meeting. It was rejected. That option may well be revisited again on Sunday who knows.

As the members voted for the interim committee, I would expect that they would support them and attend the meeting which they the members petitioned for. The meeting was not called by the committee but by a members petition. That meeting is legal under the constitution and will be held at the Cloverlea on Sunday at 6pm.

A secretary/manager is an employee of a club who must abide by the members wishes; a club is it's members, not the other way round.

I don't understand your comment Danny, "and abuse members right who are not able to attend meetings everytime".

How were your rights abused?

There were 50 people at the meeting. 3 apologies were received, they are noted in the minutes. You weren't one of the apologies Danny. You have to attend a meeting to have a vote and discuss the issues.

As for the audit, two years in a row the members voted to change the auditor used, two years in a row the accounts were taken back to the same auditor. Why?

The committee has made several attempts to access the financial information required to bring the members up to speed. Their efforts were continually blocked by one person.

I don't have a fax Danny so I can't send you a copy of the minutes. Liquidation was one of the options discussed at the meeting. It was rejected. That option may well be revisited again on Sunday who knows.

As the members voted for the interim committee, I would expect that they would support them and attend the meeting which they the members petitioned for. The meeting was not called by the committee but by a members petition. That meeting is legal under the constitution and will be held at the Cloverlea on Sunday at 6pm.

A secretary/manager is an employee of a club who must abide by the members wishes]

sorry split meeting is abuse of members rights.

interim committee / Sectary-manager not on the same page is abuse of members rights.

No Audited accounts upto stop of trading a abuse of members rights, abuse of creditors rights that members cannot make a legal informed votes for the benefit of the club and CD racing.

can go on and on but at the end of the day why bother with this Mess. its cold one needs to go and hibernate for a while.

Thanks for trying to answer some question but its only added to the piles of maybee`s

Danny,if you are a concerned member then perhaps you should get off your backside and attend the meetings. Instead of whinging on here,go to the meeting(s) and make your concerns heard and if needs be,put your name forward for a new committee.

Danny,if you are a concerned member then perhaps you should get off your backside and attend the meetings. Instead of whinging on here,go to the meeting(s) and make your concerns heard and if needs be,put your name forward for a new committee.

not practical live to far away, current problem needed to be highlighted as membership being split.

Still hold the view, more so now after this weeks events that Wanganui should take over completely, more cost effective and would provide stable racing for the CD.

other clubs, new clubs could be hosted on alloted days.

Just my thoughts on this very sad mess in the CD.

Have been reading all hese postings as thought might get all there races at Cambridge but seems they now have comittee that can run it very well, I do not understand how the person from old comittee that run it so bad and into debt can now come out and try and be so legal and correct when has he before done it right and why would he start now me thinks he frightend of gold egg goose looks like dying.

trainer off line at moment so can post

Have been reading all hese postings as thought might get all there races at Cambridge but seems they now have comittee that can run it very well, I do not understand how the person from old comittee that run it so bad and into debt can now come out and try and be so legal and correct when has he before done it right and why would he start now me thinks he frightend of gold egg goose looks like dying.

dogday Wanganui running the meeting at Manawatu for the CD so racing happens.

the Manawatu club interim Committee and Sec/manager not involved as the club not affiliated wont be for long given the infighting/ power struggle. Most likely going to be put into liquidation at one of this sunday meetings.

Is dogday,mr.H.tran? :D

If club still has someone in office then who the hell is paying him, and with whose money.And if he cant run meetings what does he do. Geez this thing gets more farcical everyday.

If club still has someone in office then who the hell is paying him, and with whose money.And if he cant run meetings what does he do. Geez this thing gets more farcical everyday.

Totally agree!I once raced dogs at the manawatu track, when i first got involved with greyhound raceing,back when it was a grass track,it surely is a shame with all this nonsance getting in the way of raceing,,what ever happend to the days of just turning up running your dog,,saying hello to friends and going home happy?I can see why people throw in the towel with this sport!the whole thing is just a joke.

You are so right Irish Bomber.The old days at Manawatu were full of good fun what with the likes of the Fornaiseres, Jacksons, Moores, Halls, Morriss's,Boyds, Melvilles, Hodgsons, Marrons etc etc.......top people who were competitive with their charges on the track but great friends off it.Now its all about bitching and in fighting and who wants to be part of that.

You are so right Irish Bomber.The old days at Manawatu were full of good fun what with the likes of the Fornaiseres, Jacksons, Moores, Halls, Morriss's,Boyds, Melvilles, Hodgsons, Marrons etc etc.......top people who were competitive with their charges on the track but great friends off it.Now its all about bitching and in fighting and who wants to be part of that.

VERY TRUE!