RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Umbrage

Where are They?

Interesting discussion the other night as to how the ranks of CD trainers have dimninished over the past few years with just a handful operating on a consistent basis now.Who wopuld have thought that names like Marron, Taylor, Boyd, Bywater, Hill, Jackson, Gardner, Fornaisere. Hall, Caffell, Moore,Gough, Sutherland,Gosnell, Lyall, Elphick, Adams, Amundsen, Phillips, Frost, Clark, Symes, Rangihua, Kern, Martin, Parata, Manihera, Brown, Nicholls, McDonnell, Tipene, Huntley etc etc would all be either out of the sport presently or barely part of it. Reasons why have been well doumented and with Manawatu's hassles the numbers will only get bigger.

Interesting discussion the other night as to how the ranks of CD trainers have dimninished over the past few years with just a handful operating on a consistent basis now.Who wopuld have thought that names like Marron, Taylor, Boyd, Bywater, Hill, Jackson, Gardner, Fornaisere. Hall, Caffell, Moore,Gough, Sutherland,Gosnell, Lyall, Elphick, Adams, Amundsen, Phillips, Frost, Clark, Symes, Rangihua, Kern, Martin, Parata, Manihera, Brown, Nicholls, McDonnell, Tipene, Huntley etc etc would all be either out of the sport presently or barely part of it. Reasons why have been well doumented and with Manawatu's hassles the numbers will only get bigger.

I'm really upset,I didn't get a mention in your Roll Call :D:)

numbers around 150 in the CD alone in the last 5 years.

You got it !! and along with them, the owners also.

I find it really hard to bother owning dogs anymore, especially when it involves so much time and money to travel long distances to see our pride and joys.

And just when you think you might have one good enough to win certain races, the consortiums just buy some more dogs to win those races.

yep me and my syndicates of owners are outa there - once we had over a dozen dogs across 4 syndicates, down to 4 dogs now and not replacing them when they retire. 20 owners gone. Cant compete with the *............* and disorgaisation that has become greyhound racing. The sport may well be dead before I get home to NZ in December.