RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Bemused

Race 6 Nelson

Any thoughts on the run of Mamselle in this race, was a huge run to finish 2nd after sitting 5 back on the outer and not moving till approx 300 m to go. The time was very ordinary and therefore given little chance to win, on the first day was moved early to sit outside Pammy's Boy and bolted in. Will be interested to see if any mention in the e stipes report.

and how many times did tussle run second...anyways the way the stakes and race grades are designed it is a given that place money be attained to ensure viability of racing any horse,more-so a lower grade trotter..also teaches them raceday knowledge.....but if you want to say hooked-up well so be it...cheers

I am simply making the point that the horse appeared to be given little chance of winning and as it had won with ease on the first day of the meeting when put into the race early then then questions should be asked regarding the different driving tactics.

I take your point regarding Tussle (and the Dr Cliff Irvine connection), I think she took approx 30 stats before breaking her duck but after that had a pretty fair strike rate.

I see that Stipes' reports are through for the other two Harness Meetings but still nothing for Nelson.

Cheers Bemused

um yep well the thumb was a newbie so thought give it a go mate give it ago......as for the other ,well i doubt the stipes could challenge ..trip away..last run jaded , didnt drink, didnt eat up..felt rough, runs to close together ...the possible list of imformation or reason given would boarder on the never ending..but that a whole different story aye....cheers

Both Davis and Jones both drove shockers in this race... Either of them only had to move before the turn to win.... Bad errors of judgement by both.

Same in the Cup race drivers didnt move soon enough from the back to give themselves a chance...

I would imagine Mr. Jones was well pleased with his drive to finish second. No penalty and a reasonable stake payout. A win and a second at the meeting would be the ultimate acheivement in his eyes.

Both the drives were terrible. In my opinion if they had moved 100m earlier you would think one off them would have won. Terrible for punters and all the excuses will not help.

STIPENDIARY STEWARD’S REPORT

Race 6

NELSON BUILDING SOCIETY DISCRETIONARY HCP TROT 3000m

CARLA BRUNI was slow to begin after tangling at the start.

After about 100 metres PAMMYS BOY broke briefly.

At about the 1450m SUNVASION when racing three deep on the pylon line broke inconveniencing PATCH BROMAC and RUBY N DIAMONDS. This mare again broke when under pressure on the final bend. A warning was placed on the racing record of this mare. RUBY N DIAMONDS raced without clearance in the run home.

SUNSOON hung in throughout the run home.

Peter Jones as the driver of MAMSELLE was questioned regarding his decision to drive the mare from towards the back of the field today as opposed to assuming a handy position when winning on the first day. Mr Jones advised that it was always his intention to drive the mare this way as he was concerned with her ability to see out the longer distance of todays race (3000m as opposed to 2400m). Jones further said that on the first day he had wanted to drive the mare from the back but that the pace was so slow he had no option but to look for a more forward position and he had then been surprised that the mare had finished so well as has always run her best races when driven for one run. The comments of Mr Jones were noted.

How dare RaceCaffers' doubt the integrity of Mr Jones.

thought i would get in first be the slaughter....bk outer..looked winner round out..bk outer...bk outer...bk outer.....bk outer.....la de da ..bk outer.... Balanced turn ..bk outer...,.balanced. Trotting sqaurely..ran on well On own merits...a great confidence booster for the horse...,.others wud say winner to strong and had the edge when kicked clear.,....

Any thoughts on the run of Mamselle in this race, was a huge run to finish 2nd after sitting 5 back on the outer and not moving till approx 300 m to go. The time was very ordinary and therefore given little chance to win, on the first day was moved early to sit outside Pammy's Boy and bolted in. Will be interested to see if any mention in the e stipes report.
Stipes probably are aware of Imperial Time.

Pls explain in more detail your posting is a tad midasguise d.
Was a horse trained and driven by P N Jones mid to late 80's.

Was driven very quietly one night resulting in stipes questioning the vigor of the drive. Explanation provided was along the lines that saved for 1 last run was best. Stipes accepted explanation.

Next start it went around and sat parked and ran away from them.

Was a horse trained and driven by P N Jones mid to late 80's.

Was driven very quietly one night resulting in stipes questioning the vigor of the drive. Explanation provided was along the lines that saved for 1 last run was best. Stipes accepted explanation.

Next start it went around and sat parked and ran away from them.

Bet the race it won was worth more ton.....that makes mr jones a top trainer and driver in my book...owners would have been happy and punters lile you whnm saw prev start would have got bundles..with rubber bands around em

Bet the race it won was worth more ton.....that makes mr jones a top trainer and driver in my book...owners would have been happy and punters lile you whnm saw prev start would have got bundles..with rubber bands around em
He was an awesome driver back then and his training showed great promise with the likes of Borana and Laser Lad to name a couple.

and those punters who didn't, gave up betting and starting using the term thieves on wheels:rolleyes:

and those punters who didn't, gave up betting and starting using the term thieves on wheels:rolleyes:

Those whom failed to follow up weret as smart as the belived......each has their own view of each horse in each race ..each persons view of each race is different....

It would be a boring world if were were all the same...

In my opinion, Peter Jones is the best horseman in Australasia. Looks after his horses during races as opposed to anything more sinister and would be my number one choice as a trainer and driver.

As for poor old Gruff (still bleating on about Yulestar), he obviously wouldn't know a great horseman if he fell over one!