mikenz

Harry Kane.

Must be frustrating for Harry Kane, has never played in a team that's actually won anything, Bayern Munich are 8 points off the lead in Germany, I think he jinxes teams.

Haaland the Norwegian guy will never do anything internationaly  but does achieve for Man City.

English footballers are all hype and not much else, probably fair to say the Premier League would be the same without overseas players.

2 hours ago, mikenz said:

Must be frustrating for Harry Kane, has never played in a team that's actually won anything, Bayern Munich are 8 points off the lead in Germany, I think he jinxes teams.

Haaland the Norwegian guy will never do anything internationaly  but does achieve for Man City.

English footballers are all hype and not much else, probably fair to say the Premier League would be the same without overseas players.

I'm a Spurs fan but certainly not missing him , Bayerns issues are bigger than Kane , he's setting scoring records , just scored his 25th in record time beating Haalands record so doing his job . Their bigger issue is Tuchel , overhyped and underperforming as a manager . 

Even if Bayern do win the league it's a cornflakes medal for Kane , carries no real prestige in a 2 team comp . Should have stayed at Spurs and become a one club legend . 

I think what defines a players career is how they perform, or achieve at the top level, not easy for Kane being English as  they never win anything.

Soccer is so global that lots of the better players don't get the same opportunity, Haaland  a  prime example.

The premier league no doubt is the best ln the world but its to England's detriment that the majority of competitors are non English, I guess the locals live the soccer dream through their clubs as they never succeed at international level, as they have several different comps somewhere along the way they win now and then.

On 2/19/2024 at 3:47 PM, nomates said:

I'm a Spurs fan but certainly not missing him , Bayerns issues are bigger than Kane , he's setting scoring records , just scored his 25th in record time beating Haalands record so doing his job . Their bigger issue is Tuchel , overhyped and underperforming as a manager . 

Even if Bayern do win the league it's a cornflakes medal for Kane , carries no real prestige in a 2 team comp . Should have stayed at Spurs and become a one club legend . 

You would not have liked this then NM……not as much as I did anyway…..:rcfe-like:

I guess if Harry Kanes Bayern fail to make the champion's league final, and I suspect they won't next title up for grabs will be the euros, unless he transfers to another country from England then the cupboard might just remain bare for a bit longer, or , maybe forever.

I note the euros are going to be on TVNZ, next month, another major sporting event Sky hasn't got.

Poor bastard…a few minutes away from the CL Final and the keeper drops the ball. Madrid score 2 in 3 minutes and that dream is gone.

Why Tuchel took him off when they were 1-0 up is a mystery…..and Man United want him as their next manager… ?🙈

Tuchel is crap , Chelsea sacked him and the same at Bayern , why ? because dickhead decisions like this . I hope Man Utd go for him to continue their legacy of failure since Fergie left .

Bayern will be title less for first time in 12 years, now there are calls for Bayern to sell Kane, despite scoring a record number of goals as a Bundesliga debutant.

Meanwhile Erling Haaland scores two more for Man City to put them in the lead with one game to go in EPL but what a bunch of nitwits Arsenal are, 2 years in a row they have bottled it, Haaland for all his ability probably won't play in a major tournament for Norway

Strange as it is Everton and Nottingham Forest get points deduction over their financial dealing yet Man City don't, seems there a two sets of rules, just depends who you are.

Meanwhile Harry Kane will be ready for his next more than likely failed venture, The Euros,  surely one day he must get lucky, but then there are a long list of English legends who have failed at International level so he's in a very big club.

England appear to be early favorites for the Euros starting Friday despite losing to Iceland in final warm up, will Harry get his hands on a trophy this time, ( probably not) always love the major soccer tournaments, it's a strange world when Germany don't get past pool play but that's the way its been lately.

More teams this time, seems to be the way, more more and more, 48 for the next world cup seems a bit over the top.

On 6/10/2024 at 12:57 PM, mikenz said:

England appear to be early favorites for the Euros starting Friday despite losing to Iceland in final warm up, will Harry get his hands on a trophy this time, ( probably not) always love the major soccer tournaments, it's a strange world when Germany don't get past pool play but that's the way its been lately.

More teams this time, seems to be the way, more more and more, 48 for the next world cup seems a bit over the top.

The Euro Nations tournament increased from 16  to 24 countries in 2016.