RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
crustyngrizzly

Sports comments.

While watching TV this morning a sports presenter was talking about a femsle rugby player who had suffered a major injury.She then said that the player may have to face ""the brutal reality of rugby not being in her life"".

If you want brutal reality go to Ukraine .or the occupied territories in the Middle East.

Talking of Womens Rugby, all the talk this week was of the full house at Eden Park for the Black Ferns opening match of the World Cup.

From what I saw there seemed to be plenty of seating still free or maybe the invisible man and all his relations all turned up.

Seems all the PC crap wanting equal pay for sports teams etc etc but do the women attract as many viewers, sponsors  or tv subscribers as the male version, I'm not knocking the female game , I even enjoyed it till it was one way traffic.

If ever womens rugby wanted to honestly sell out Eden Park this was the time.

As for the soccer that' game is on a entirely different level.

3 hours ago, mikenz said:

Talking of Womens Rugby, all the talk this week was of the full house at Eden Park for the Black Ferns opening match of the World Cup.

From what I saw there seemed to be plenty of seating still free or maybe the invisible man and all his relations all turned up.

Seems all the PC crap wanting equal pay for sports teams etc etc but do the women attract as many viewers, sponsors  or tv subscribers as the male version, I'm not knocking the female game , I even enjoyed it till it was one way traffic.

If ever womens rugby wanted to honestly sell out Eden Park this was the time.

As for the soccer that' game is on a entirely different level.

IMO womans rugby will never be financially viable,so funds will be sucked out of the mens game to keep it alive.

It will be interesting to see what happens when the 1st woman player comes forward with early signs of illness.

Heard 2 rugby stalwarts talking on the radio the other day and both were actively encouraging their sons not to play rugger.

28 minutes ago, crustyngrizzly said:

IMO womans rugby will never be financially viable,so funds will be sucked out of the mens game to keep it alive.

It will be interesting to see what happens when the 1st woman player comes forward with early signs of illness.

Heard 2 rugby stalwarts talking on the radio the other day and both were actively encouraging their sons not to play rugger.

I was thinking to myself last night, women ain't really built to take the physical punishment some of them put themselves through,. 

Time will tell.

I wouldn't say it won't be viable, it's just not on the same level as the men's game.

One wonders if the Netballers are paid then should the men's Netball team be paid more?

After all 9 times out of ten they beat the women, imagine the crying foul from the woke brigade.

It's a shame this place don't have more sports chat, plenty to talk about.

Finals weekend,(NPC), don't matter what format you have, generally the best teams come through, and the two finalist are the best two.

East Coast play in a Heartland final, they don't play much in finals, 1999, last game of the last century, they beat Poverty Bay in third division final, one of the best games I've watched ever, any sport where history is created is what makes it what it is..

Tasman winning NPC, who would have thought what was basically a team from the backwater at the top of the rugby tree, still havnt nailed the shield yet,.

I note the two Heartland finals are on free to air tv  NPC delayed, sky do give a decent amount of live sport free to air, getting the balance right is the key., not everyone has sky , not everyone can afford, some just don't want it but hiding sport from the general public don't promote sport, cricket being on spark is not positive for NZ  Cricket.