RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Smiler

Trackside TV

I thought we were told that we will get more local content on Trackside TV(CH36)? Get rid of the Aussie races off this channel.

I went to Geraldine (we had a horse in) and recorded the races yesterday (1 Dec) on CH36. I like to watch the aftermath of the races, just in case we are involved.

When I got home, I was watching the Geraldine Cup. During the running, they bring in the loading of Randwick in the top left corner. Very annoying.

Then straight after the Geraldine Cup they show the Randwick race.

They could have shown the joy of owners in the birdcage after their win considering it was a cup race (no it wasn't us). I thought this is how they sold this extra channel.

If punters want to watch Randwick, keep it to TAB TV (CH35) not CH36, considering their were also 2 NZ Gallop meetings on. Wall to wall racing seems to be creeping in on CH36 as well!!!

You may be interested to know Smiler, not that it helps your situation, that at the "semi informal" gathering between the ATC heirachy and the ATC members before the races last Friday, one member stated his displeasure at the quantity of dividends on display on the monitors for "other racing" while the on course partrons could not get displays for the Auckland meeting. As luck would have it at the time one monitor was showing quinella will-pays (what a horrible expression) for some race in Australia while the same info for race 1 at Auckland was no where to be seen. Of course, the Auckland President had to be a little guarded on his comments, afterall he is on the board of theTAB/Racing board, but he did see the point the member was making, minding if anyone on course just happened to be interested in "other meetings - especially Australian" there is a TAB on course where they can find such info. The Pres said he would investigate. Whether anything will come of this is a moot point, but does emphasise the fact that unless you complain/comment nothing will happen so Smiler I would you suggest you email the TAB accordingly, afterall if their customers dont air their views then what show any change?