RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Bruce M

I'm having to work on Cup Day.

For the first time since Robalan's win in 1974 I won't be at Addington or settled in front of the TV on Cup Day.

I attended every Cup Day from Lunar Chance in 1975 to Kym's Girl in 2001.I stopped going then because the Day is no longer aimed at hardcore race fans and it had become a rather unpleasant ordeal but I've always had the day off work and bet plenty.

This year though we've just lost a couple of staff and another has to go to Wellington that day....therefore I'm working.

I only found out today so I'm still in shock....

That's terrible Bruce......work has become the curse of the betting-class !!!

Are you saying you won't be running the betting group you had in 2011....where from memory we put in $50 each ,spread the bets around and came away with a few $'s.

I'll have a think about it.....we'll definitely do it on Show Day (which I will have off) though.

Oh the beauty of living in the South Island. Bruce Im green with envy as my only trip to Adders confirmed my love of the track and atmosphere. Havnt missed a day watching the cup tho,this year should be a bottler(providing MaSish)can win for an early fixed odds bet. Oh and Zigg and I would love another crack at the bet comp should you find time to indulge.

Cheers The Globe

close the shop for the day Bruce - it is our day

Wish I could Turny but I don't think the staff would be impressed with a compulsory day off :)

They're not being very sympathetic....one of them pointed out that it was about time I worked on Cup Day as I hadn't since Bill Rowling was Prime Minister.

It looks like I'll just have to set the recorder and avoid Race Cafe until after work.