eljay

Rugby Today

Always been a Rugby Man - being from the Naki what else could I be - but I am afraid the present way the game is being played must be a turn-off for many.     The Blues v Chiefs game yesterday was really a bore fest.    Smash, bash, more smash, more bash.    14 backs just watching or tackling.      Skills slowly but surely becoming a distant memory.      But I suppose I will continue watching - I have no option do I.        And before the leaguies jump up their game is just repeated smash bash with a predictable kick periodically thrown in!      

6 hours ago, eljay said:

Always been a Rugby Man - being from the Naki what else could I be - but I am afraid the present way the game is being played must be a turn-off for many.     The Blues v Chiefs game yesterday was really a bore fest.    Smash, bash, more smash, more bash.    14 backs just watching or tackling.      Skills slowly but surely becoming a distant memory.      But I suppose I will continue watching - I have no option do I.        And before the leaguies jump up their game is just repeated smash bash with a predictable kick periodically thrown in!      

I look at it this way, it's boring to watch, it's probably not boring if your playing.

League is pretty one dimensional, I think Rugby has more variance but that continual bash and crash then bash and crash in Rugby is starting to resemble league without the 5th tackle kick.

It is what it is I guess.