RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
abit roughhouse

Nz Equine Veterinarians Championship Stakes (group Ii)

... done everything it can coming up to a race like this how can one not give it a chance to run. Many factors do come into contention, e.g. track conditions on day, draw (crucial), jockey's built in clock, way race is run, keeping to the pattern of the way the horse races best - there are so many variables and yes luck of the good kind plays a major part.

Quite true..... that is why I leave it until the day to make my decision ;)

Sorry Jane didn't look at the time, over a second faster than anything else in recent years, that time is phenomenal, I wonder how accurate it is.

You could be forgiven for thinking that it probably nearly killed him to run it! He never showed anything like that ability afterwards.

Just a slight exaggeration I think LLoyd. :D

Stats for So Casual....

http://www.racebase.co.nz/socasual.htm

Thanks Centrofold - interesting reading. I still think you'd have to agree that his form after the Derby wasn't anywhere near his form prior. 3 wins, [1 a progressive 1200 at Hastings and the best a G3] was hardly anywhere near a record-breaking G1 though! And that chart was a mess! Best 1600m time in a 1400m race???

Best 2000m time in a 1600m race???? What's with that???

Thanks Centrofold - interesting reading. I still think you'd have to agree that his form after the Derby wasn't anywhere near his form prior. 3 wins, [1 a progressive 1200 at Hastings and the best a G3] was hardly anywhere near a record-breaking G1 though! And that chart was a mess! Best 1600m time in a 1400m race???

Best 2000m time in a 1600m race???? What's with that???

I think So Casual had injury problems after the Derby. So yes, it knocked the stuffing out of him (hence what you said). I remember his win in the Kings Plate. I was on track that day, he did look particularly well.

His early form: 14 races never further back than third is quite impressive. How many horses can claim that performance record.

I am not taking anything away from any Derby winner - he just sticks in my mind.