RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
il_vicolo

% Multi Bets

Who has had a go at a % multi bet and has anyone had a decent collect or won more than what they thought they would return?

Do they work just like a poker bet if a couple of legs miss but still have the right amount of legs come in?

Who has had a go at a % multi bet and has anyone had a decent collect or won more than what they thought they would return?

Do they work just like a poker bet if a couple of legs miss but still have the right amount of legs come in?

I dont really know mate but I think if you click any 2/3 then you'll be fine. It'll cost you more to do that, but thats where the % comes in.

Good if you have a couple of horses at decent odds. Not if they are all short.

Is there % multis in NZ?

You almost need a degree in applied mathematics to totally understand the exact formula for paying out % multi's

As SLB says they do cost more than normal multi's and in some cases a hell of a lot more

That's where anchors come into play. If say you have a ten part multi you stipulate how many anchors you will include and what the minimum number of wins you must get in order to get a return

If one of your anchors loses your bet is in the bin. If you stipulate you want at least 8 winners to start collecting and you only get 7 your bets in the bin even if your anchors won

The cost of your bet will depend on how many anchors you take and how many winners you need to have to start collecting

The more anchors you take the less your bet costs. The more wins you need to start collecting the less your bet will cost

The more money you put on your bet the higher your % will be IF you win

I have had some VERY disappointing payouts from multi's where 9 of my 10 picks won and or 4 of my 5 picks won

I stopped taking % multi's a week after I started

Good luck getting someone anyone at the TAB to explain the exact formula to you