Wednesday’s meeting at Warwick Farm had to be postponed and racing won’t resume in Sydney until Friday at earliest on the back of the news a licenced participant in Victoria will undergo a coronavirus test.
Racing Victoria suspended racing midway through Wednesday’s Sandown card and won’t race on Thursday after a jockey had been told they were on the same flight as someone with coronavirus when travelling on March 12.
RV reported the participant is currently displaying no symptoms of the virus but results won’t be confirmed until Friday.
It is understood the jockey could have come in contact with fellow hoops in other states including NSW after riding in the state in recent weeks.
The jockey is understood to have ridden at Randwick barrier trials on the 12th before jetting back on a Melbourne-bound flight while also taking part in the Golden Slipper meeting last weekend at Rosehill.