All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. In your opinion is a 60 mm follicle on the left ovary with a small inactive right ovary be an issue ? Vet says a further examination during oestrus would be required to determine suitability for breeding .
  3. poundforpound

Buyer Beware - Gavelhouse auctions (Racehorses)

What part of that vet report concerned you ? I’ve read it and I can see nothing significantly abnormal there
  4. Yes but click on reports and read the vets report regarding breeding be a slight concern when you spend that sort of coin .
  5. Yesterday
  6. 100 1

Not a good look

Can someone please explain why Taupo doesn't race more often in winter. Would of thought it would be a good surface throughout the winter months.
  7. Hronis Racing's Higher Power came out of his breakthrough victory in Del Mar's TVG Pacific Classic (G1) well, trainer John Sadler reported Aug. 19. View the full article
  8. poundforpound

Helena Baby

Thank you, and I hope for your sake, and that of your bank balance, that your ability in punting far exceeds mine....
  9. 100 1

Helena Baby

I wish you well. Your ability in hospitality far exceeds mine
  10. 100 1

Trump written off

More treason by Google Now poor old Ohokaman was always trying to tell us Trump colluded with Russia to affect the outcome of the election but as I told you it was actually the Democrats colluding with Google.
  11. poundforpound

Helena Baby

Nothing to wriggle out of....I wouldn’t want to pay you anything by way of a fee because I think you’re a joke....nor would I want to engage in any gambling with you because it simply doesn’t interest me....and I’m busy with my 70 staff, numerous kids...blah blah....you’re just not on my radar sorry....
  12. 100 1

Helena Baby

Wriggled out that one nicely Turns out you were the pussy
  13. poundforpound

Whips to be Banned

Nothing will change..the usefulness of whips in a driving finish is a myth.....they’re useful as an educational aid or signaling device when held downwards but the idea that “pulling” the whip and then thrashing an animal in a finish is helpful is absurd....what species anywhere responds to cruel punishment in a positive manner ?, eventually they’ll resist or respond negatively, be it a dancing bear or an elephant ....no species ( even humans ) will react positively in the long term to physical abuse
  14. poundforpound

Buyer Beware - Gavelhouse auctions (Racehorses)

I’d have though I made it absolutely clear Gazza wasn’t involved in this matter ( not that I even understand the nature or veracity of the complaint )... .Personally I’m accustomed to being slandered, it’s their culture to attack me over at the oxidation pond...and whilst I can cope with it some can’t...and they don’t deserve it....it’s easy for you guys who’re anonymous or insignificant but if you’d like to walk a mile in my shoes publish your name and let the internutters attack you ......
  15. poundforpound

Helena Baby

100 1.....the prospect of me ever working with you in any capacity is zero....FYI I’m definitely not a punter although I happily put $400 a week into my account, and then blow it for entertainment .....I’m just a horseman......and an investor in thoroughbreds, and a very good trainer, jockey and vet. I do very well as an owner thanks and that's my primary interest...as distinct from gambling which is of little interest to me....however, I’m very interested in Taupo tomorrow but mainly because all the good young ones will be on show and from tomorrow’s meeting will come a dozen group winners ...my job is to spot them
  16. Earlier in the year I attended the Canty Trotting Assoc AGM. Under general business I suggested the association should adopt a stance of limiting acceptance fees to 1pc with a view to eventually eliminating them. Barry Dent , Ex NZMTC president assured the meeting there were only acceptance fees on 4 group 1 races & the Met only took in 200k down from $700k in previous years from the fees This was utter B.S. A total lie.
  17. Ohokaman

Helena Baby

Probably the latter. And given your penchant for posting "absurd rubbish" on the Trump forum too, he's probably right.
  18. 100 1

Helena Baby

Ok here we go ...I know it's a bit of fun and you are just looking to stir. I can tell from some of your comments on here that you would struggle in the punting department. I will not divulge my accurate rating system (absurd rubbish) to this forum as it's always punter versus public so why give away valuable info. Having a couple of H2H bets is futile considering the short sample it's meaningless. The only true figure is your long term percentage on ROI (mine is sensational BTW) and you do not have one because losers don't keep records. Now you are quite smart P4P so I could actually teach you to win (for a large fee) . It would mean you would have to eliminate some of your long held fallacy's from your brain and learn to become logical, something that your ego might not allow. So now the dilemma you are faced with is . Do I seek help and learn then spend my retirement in luxury and punting horses successfully. Or I am already a guru. I know so much and this idiot is having me on. The choice is yours.
  19. eljay

The Mile High Club

Yes hsvman agree with concept but it only goes half way - what about 2 (one each gait) 3200 races as well each or alternative meetings Everything now sprint - until suddenly along comes the Auckland/Rowe cups and many horses cannot handle the extreme distance. And perhaps that also applies to some of the drivers too.
  20. dkc - why not just nominate for the cup and boycott the rest of the programme.
  21. 100 1

Helena Baby

I only asked you how many extra metres TAS covered. Do you think that is irrelevant or are you finding the task too difficult? FYI my rating system franks form against horses every time they meet not just confined to Englands G1s
  22. yes, best wishes...from a female family of classy stayers, so perhaps the best yet to come...i see offered as 'racing and breeding proposition, so wonder where she is off to!
  23. JJ Flash

Whips to be Banned

Whip rule changes to send shock waves to racing world wide Posted by: Ric Chapman+ at 7:13am on 15/8/2019 In a landmark move that will send shock waves to EVERY horse racing jurisdiction on earth, The Jockey Club of the United States has been recommended to ban the use of whips – altogether. And in a separate move, Woodbine in Canada will adopt a restriction in whip use for the purposes of urging down the home straight, starting in three weeks, also. America has slipped off its perch as the leading racing nation on the planet, but is still a powerful voice given how large it is. And this new move to ban the use of whips down the home straight, unless absolutely needed to prevent an accident, will begin a change that will effect every other racing territory should it be implemented across the country. There are howls of disdain coming from all corners of the racing spectrum in the United states, but a VERY large number of supporters too who recognise change in this area is not only inevitable, but NEEDED if racing is to survive the scrutiny of the general public. If accepted, the phasing in period would start immediately. Here is EXACTLY what the Jockey Club’s Thoroughbred Safety Committee released while Australia slept on Wednesday night. “The Association of Racing Commissioners International (ARCI) Model Rules Committee amends, and all regulatory authorities immediately adopt, ARCI Rule 010-035, Article (E)(7) to eliminate the use of the riding crop for encouragement and include new penalty guidelines for breach of the rule. The riding crop shall be used only to avoid dangerous situations to horse and rider. Progressive penalty guidelines incorporate stewards’ review, fines, and suspensions for repeat offenders. Regulatory authorities should provide suitable time to educate stakeholders.” Wow. Australian jocks, the end of whip use down the home straight in races …… is coming! I was not aware that the US was the " leading racing nation on the planet" You learn something new everyday Greg
  24. Addington said it's their business and they will run it the way they see fit Hence the pressure needs to come from owners and trainers
  25. Likewise Leo and i would have thought he has too many other things on his plate to worry about someone "Asking a question about whether R Lawson was the bowler" Massive overreaction by you on this IMHO Greg
  26. The first graded stakes victory of Higher Power's career proved eye-catching enough to voters as the 4-year-old son of Medaglia d'Oro debuted in the 10th position in this week's National Thoroughbred Racing Association Top Thoroughbred Poll. View the full article
  1. Load more activity