All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. 100 1

Chelsea Burdan (a4)

Masa Hashizume - 2 Wins x 37 Starts Looks a good rider but seems under utilised Not sure why Richardson doesn't use him more. Erin Leighton - 6 Wins x 31 Starts A good rider. Gets her chance now she's back. Kozzi Asano - 4 Wins x 71 Starts Like the look of this bloke too
  4. Baz (NZ)

Chelsea Burdan (a4)

Opportunity explained = Jordan Bassett - Has ridden 63 slow horses vs Hazel Schofer's 3 slow horses!
  5. what a post

To be or not to be ... Unruly

There is no doubt starting off the unruly is similar to adding a 10m handicap. Its only not that big a disadvantage if a small front line, I guess it all comes down to whether it helps the horse get away better. Some trotters don't seem to go away if they have someone behind them at the start.,maybe that's the reason jerry Garcia is still on unruly. I do agree it is a major handicap to its winning chances, You've only got to watch its racing pattern to see that. In my opinion another thing about horses staring off unruly like jerry Garcia is the runs take more out of them.
  6. Baz (NZ)

Chelsea Burdan (a4)

CURRENT WINNING 4kg CLAIMING APPRENTICES: Eilish McCall - 9 Wins x 116 Starts Sanu Toolooa - 8 Wins x 144 Starts Gee Saejorhor - 8 Wins x 181 Starts Erin Leighton - 6 Wins x 31 Starts Chelsea Burdan - 6 Wins x 32 Starts Shiarna Johnson - 5 Wins x 43 Starts Kozzi Asano - 4 Wins x 71 Starts Jordan Bassett - 3 Wins x 66 Starts Hazel Schofer - 3 Wins x 6 Starts Masa Hashizume - 2 Wins x 37 Starts Julia Anderson - 2 Wins x 39 Starts Tui Miles - 2 Wins x 96 Starts Shari Jamie - 1 Wins x 13 Starts Ethan Wright - 1 Wins x 27 Starts Mubs Kareem - 1 Wins x 35 Starts Hunter Durrant - 1 Wins x 60 Starts
  7. Charlie Bukowski

Damn TAB app.

According to Jo boy , the website is a stunning success , that's what you are up against.
  8. Charlie Bukowski

Chelsea Burdan (a4)

It's Winter where the 3kg and 4kg claiming apprentices make hay while the sun shines (see what I did there....) Not that I'm a big fan of their riding yet, but you just have to factor them right in to everything from now on, Chelsea Burdan Eilish McCall Tegan Newman Hazel Schofer , so far so good... Ethan Wright gawd help us , still very much a work in progress.
  9. Baz (NZ)

Chelsea Burdan (a4)

Yes Hazel Schofer (a4) will get every opportunity with Alan Sharrock and has... winning 3 of her 6 rides. Sam O'Malley (a3) is starting to get plenty of opportunity. 244 Rides x 12 wins Ethan Wright (a4) a new kid on the block. 27 Rides x 1 win As we all know to be successful you need opportunity. Keeping in mind not all things are equal when young riders are starting out. Slow Horses vs Fast Horses can make all the difference to perception of riding talent. I like to try and identify talent early on.... regardless of horse ability. I remember talking to a senior rider a few years back at Te Rapa and mentioning to him how a very young James McDonald could be a future star. His reply was... Jason Collett (at that time) was potentially better. He may have been but I believe one of those two riders has probably had more media marketing, help and opportunity than the other. I rate both highly.
  10. Obviously, they haven’t had a “Leader” for many years.
  11. Hasn't worked too well so far.
  12. The main thing is to have a “LEADER”. The Leader can have Managers, FC’s, Handicappers, etc etc. but the main thing is to have someone who can lead. The person doesn’t have to be a know all and he/she can employ their weakness’s.
  13. Nelli

Rating 40 to 55

We do have challenges in the Northern NI with a small pool of horses and inevitably fields may have a wide rating band. As an owner I would like to see the Northern clubs be a bit more inventive with conditions to mix things up. For example, if this same field of trotters was starting from a mobile with the draw based on money earned from the last 5 starts instead of ratings, the recent novice winner would still get the worst draw but the next would be an R44 horse and an R51 would be drawn 3. As it is, with 8 unruly horses (which includes the high rated novice) it is likely that by putting the rest off the front, there will be a better chance of a clean fair start for all.
  14. Jamie House

A stunning effort by the “stopper”

Chris was toiling away in the call centre the other day when 3 blokes from Roche Pharmaceuticals came in. They wanted Chris to sign a form saying that 'Roche would never find a cure for cancer". They then used this document to raise investor funds given the risk had effectively been removed on account of the Stoppers' statement
  15. micktap

To be or not to be ... Unruly

He's on the Unruly to help him get away trotting and it seems to be working.If I was you I would only back him for a place.
  16. Surely the RITA salaries etc aren't going to be added on top of everything we already have. I thought the idea was to eliminate a lot of the waste and cull out all the non performers on big salaries. I must admit, my big worry is the plan to appoint lots of people with "change" skills. So once again , any knowledge, interest and skills in the racing area isn't considered all that relevant. Personally, I think someone with racing knowledge could easily learn the other skills desired, whereas someone with 'other" skills would struggle to quickly learn to have a passion for racing.
  17. tim vince

Rating 40 to 55

I can mate I will summarise tomorrow.basically horse like danke have had so many wins and stakes it's not fair on a 55 rating horse who has had only 1 win. My answer of course if that is true why bother with a rating system.a 15 point spread to me demands a handicap.it shows to me rating system is a failure or the handicappers aren't doing their job or more than likely not allowed to do their job by a sub committee that just don't get it. The public will show how they rate danke off the same mark as 55s by what it is paying.
  18. 100 1

Jacinda Ardern

Any govt that donates to the Clinton foundation, tries to disarm the citizens and promotes climate change policy's is controlled by the deep state. So that includes the national party as well . Aust NZ UK Canada for a start are the same.... 5eyes countries....wakey wake US has broken the shackles. NZ will follow when the corruption is exposed.
  19. Going to be a big bill to pay down the track , does appear to be a lot of spending . Where the money is coming from I have no idea but rest assured the waged earner will have a share of the bill with pretty much sweet FA benefit .
  20. We're Doomed

J Allen - 13 Days- Appealling

I watched her also. Not sure where the interference occurred, but she was gone with about 300 to go. She hasn't had much luck over there. I think she is a big track horse and needs a good track. The wet tracks and tight tracks like Doomben haven't been suiting her.
  21. tripple alliance

Winston gets the betting duty back for racing as promised

Pilfered from taxpayers ?, give us a break , hell this lot are happy to toss millions down the drain , tax and spent , we know better how your money. Take education for example , $50 million blown on free education , result , less students and what's so bad about this is if these students do learn and not just get pissed then their qualifications will enable them to shaft the rest of us with excessive charges . At least racing people have to take a chance with their own money to succeed . Time to crack down many different , especially education subsidies that create a situation that enable those who are subsidised to charge the rest of us massive premiums for their services .
  22. JackSprat

Rating 40 to 55

The first race was programmed for non-winners. One that basis, none of the acceptors for the later race were eligible for the first, so adding runners from handicaps was never an option.
  23. 100 1

Trump written off

So gullible! Enjoy the show Q !!mG7VJxZNCI ID: dfeded No.6482810 May 12 2019 19:26:01 (EST) Attempts by Dems, FAKE NEWS, and those 'guilty of TREASON' to shape the public narrative [prior to] by providing FALSEHOODS will FAIL. TRUTH TO LIGHT. NO SLEEP IN DC. Q
  24. Ohokaman

Trump written off

Think your mate Trump has a lot more to worry about....he'll be having nightmares about Deutsche Bank for starters...even having fits over Dems going on Fox and being cheered....... The noose will be tightening soon on this criminal and his mates.
  25. 100 1

Trump written off

Here you go Ohokaman....transparency Start reading ......CNN aren't going to report it'
  26. lamour

Rating 40 to 55

Would be interested to know what the handicapper told you Tim. Are you able to share it with us?
  1. Load more activity