RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
StraightUpShoot

'Bluey' McClennan confirmed as Warriors coach

Puha....mind if I borrow your avatar for a week? Quite apt for a warriors supporter at the mo:D

i might have to ditch it along with bluey all my teams have gone to the pack since i've had it.

God damn curse i think:D

Puha, I think Bluey has completely underestimated the defensive intensity of the NRL.

Before the season began he said many times that teams will find that we have plenty of points in us,so he was in effect saying that he didnt mind conceeding a few points because he backed his team to score more.

Now he is finding that if you have to make many more tackles than your opposition then the attack is taken out of you

My guess is that the pre season lacked the intensity that it should of had,and too much emphasis was placed on attack.Now that the attack is being tackled out of them,they are screwed.

2 questions,

Why when the starts are so bad every week would you have 3 of your best 5 available forwards at the moment on the bench at kickoff, Rapira, Mateo, and Matulino

And why are so many backs being involved in hitting the ball up out of defence each set of 6.

If you want anything else to make you pessimitic about the remainder of this season consider this

1) Why do the Warriors look absolutely knackered after 10 mins of each game

2) Why did the pictures from the Warriors dressing room at half time today show Bluey talking to himself.

3) The only major signing that Bluey has made so far for next season is Thomas Leuluai who like him was doing well in the English Super league, the NRL is a massive step up as Bluey and the Warriors are finding out.

When Owen Glenn bought into the Warriors he asked Bluey if there were any players he thought they needed to buy to win the premiership. Bluey said that he already had the team that he needed to win it.

Hmmm, wonder if the answer would be the same tonight

Every year they look the least fittest team in the comp for the first 2 months. Its driven me banana's in the past as well. Bluey DOES have the team but hell they looked flat today. Someone asked where the dummy half runners were - Friend was very quiet in that role. I questioned why the club bought him and have seen sod all to get excited about except for glimpses of mongrel on defence today (one example being he took Leroy-Lars head on while Packer hid behind him!). They seriously miss Michael Luck. He leads by example, organises a lot of the defence, and gives players a good old fashioned "spray" if they arent doing the work. No one has done that for the last 2 games.

Bluey hasnt had long in the job. Pat Lam has a better team, worse results, worse play and he has been in the Blues job for 4 years.

Give Bluey a decent chance - it'll come right. But today was a gutless shocker by the team - wasnt Bluey missing those tackles!

Give the raiders a little credit, they didn't perform with the lose of campese last year but almost won the year before when always looking better than eventual winners St George. You want to beat the raiders you keep attacking crokers side of the field,awful defender easily bamboozled

[Why when the starts are so bad every week would you have 3 of your best 5 available forwards at the moment on the bench at kickoff, Rapira, Mateo, and Matulino]

Agree you should always be on the front foot from the get go, I hated last year Mateo coming of the bench, he came on in the 28th minute I think, that's ridiculous

[1) Why do the Warriors look absolutely knackered after 10 mins of each game]

I was excited as a fan when Bluey took over thinking his enthusiasim would rub off onto his players and onto the field, I felt at times the Warriors lacked this enthusiasim and attitude last year, but sadly this hasn't eventuated, and their fitness and attitude seems even more distant than ever.

[2) Why did the pictures from the Warriors dressing room at half time today show Bluey talking to himself.]

I seen the same thing, Bluey sitting behind the ice fridge arms spread out talking, and the player's were just staring at the floor, even though they were still in the game their body language in the shed at halftime said otherwise.

[3) The only major signing that Bluey has made so far for next season is Thomas Leuluai who like him was doing well in the English Super league, the NRL is a massive step up as Bluey and the Warriors are finding out.]

Agree, was really disappointed to hear they had signed Thomas Leuluai, I was SHOCKED when they signed Seymour, and this signing is no better

Furthermore the Warriors dished out 300k for Inu, he had his critics, but to be fair, he only played 1 poor half of football that was in townsville against the Cowboy's, if they don't think he has a future at the club let him go, otherwise give him a run he should replace Ben Henry IMO, Henry hasn't done much wrong but he dosen't have that attacking flair that Inu has.

Maybe the Warriors miss Luck more than I think he tends to really stiffen the defence up and the Warriors will welcome him back as too Lillyman.

As a betting prospect the Warriors are now WAY under the odds, they may well lose to Souths, I expect them to get well beat by the Storm, who look the benchmark well and truly, the Warriors to also lose to the Bronco's, they should then blow out to really juicy odds, where a wager should then come into consideration, as they do have the playing roster, and will probably improve at the back end of the season.

First things first they need to get their attitude right, and their defence in order.

from a betting viewpoint

manly warringah = californian poppy.

i feel sorry for the wrestlers from bleak city when a full strength manly warringah get hold of them....

the prancer at the back for melbourne who resembled a revolving door in defence against the cowboys won't know what hit him.

fancy EVER comparing slater to the great graeme langlands, dead set heresy !!

lump on $heep $hearers, the more you bet the more you win.

within your budget of cour$e !

Furthermore the Warriors dished out 300k for Inu, he had his critics, but to be fair, he only played 1 poor half of football that was in townsville against the Cowboy's, if they don't think he has a future at the club let him go, otherwise give him a run he should replace Ben Henry IMO, Henry hasn't done much wrong but he dosen't have that attacking flair that Inu has.

Maybe the Warriors miss Luck more than I think he tends to really stiffen the defence up and the Warriors will welcome him back as too Lillyman.

As a betting prospect the Warriors are now WAY under the odds, they may well lose to Souths, I expect them to get well beat by the Storm, who look the benchmark well and truly, the Warriors to also lose to the Bronco's, they should then blow out to really juicy odds, where a wager should then come into consideration, as they do have the playing roster, and will probably improve at the back end of the season.

First things first they need to get their attitude right, and their defence in order.

Mate I knew you would throw some betting "logic" re their odds ballooning out:D Totally agree re Inu (so does the missus:)) Remember that day...he was the scapegoat for sure. Several others were just as bad if not worse. I also remember the previous batch of games he played very well in. Something wrong behind the scenes....maybe he's a bit "lippy"...dunno. I'm getting a bit tired of our wingers getting caught out. Maybe its a lack of confidence inside them that forces them in. We are certainly getting exploited out wide.

I'm buggered if I know why we are shifting the ball early in the tackle counts. Crazy stuff especially with our prop roster. Totally agree with Zak on all points he raised especially starting with your best available line up.

The only "positive" to come out of this 2 week road trip is the fact Warrior home fans never paid money to see these 'thumpings". Maybe Bluey should sit the lads down at watch the game last night.

Manly well down on troops...back at Brookie with a full house...coming off 3 straight loses....and bang! What a performance!!!! Wouldn't that be nice here on Sunday....somehow I can't see it but, being the tragic supporter I am, I'll be rooting for the boys.

I see mother had a huge week in the fantasy round....bit of work to do there fella:)

.maybe he's a bit "lippy"...

Inu-Once was a Warrior :D

I see no wholesale changes in the Warriors line up.

Inu should/should've signed with the Sharks, IMO the Sharks are short of 2 quality backs from being a top 4 side.

As for the Warriors, Bluey has probably stuck solid and shown faith in his line up and redemption is this Sunday.....or else, I would have thought that would have been last week!

As for the Manly Penrith game, Penrith should be grateful Williams, Stewart Stewart and K Foran weren't playing, not sure what "MOTIVATIONAL" speech the Penrith coach gave at halftime, but it added up to ZERO.

Looking forward to the Warriors/Penrith match should be a close game, one team has a crap playing roster and the other is playing like crap.

Melbourne look a class above the rest, then Manly, then a gap to the rest.

Fair dinkum Inu shafted again this week while clearly inferior players are given the chance to repeat the same old mistakes.

Only real change Locke back from injury for Fish,totally expected.

Of the 18 named v Canberra only other player not required in the 19 named v Rabbits is Inu, so clearly his was the only other performance on the weekend that wasnt acceptable to Bluey.

Big call and while I hope he is right,I doubt it.

Pogo surely you have a position at the pickle factory for a bloke that cant catch,cant tackle,and is very often out of position. Your staff training should see him right.

Give the raiders a little credit, they didn't perform with the lose of campese last year but almost won the year before when always looking better than eventual winners St George. You want to beat the raiders you keep attacking crokers side of the field,awful defender easily bamboozled

You wont to see a weaker left sided defence than Shaun Johnson at third defender and Jerome Ropati at centre. How many times the Warriors have been cut apart down that channel must really be worrying. Johnson is an undoubted talent on attack but his defence is poor 12 missed tackles against the roosters been a case and point.

The raiders also become only the 3 team to win a fixture after playing on monday night which just shows that a team backing up from playing monday is a good team to be betting against.

We certainly have a vacancy Zak, stay tuned..

Manly are the ones that are a class above Von Cettes , the wrestlers won't know what hit them , and they will get a rude shock at Shark Park on the 13th of May.

Lump on and thank me later if you PERMIT me to say so....

They were debating in the paper's who should be 5/8 for NSW, Maloney had an alarming stat against his name it was missed tackles, he has been averaging 5.5 missed tackles per match 33 missed tackles for the season and then if that's right about Johnson and Ropati, throw in the likes of Vatuvei, the backline is like a revolving door.

Melbourne Manly Cronulla have signs above their goal posts "No Entry" the Warriors sign reads "Exit this way please"

They were debating in the paper's who should be 5/8 for NSW, Maloney had an alarming stat against his name it was missed tackles, he has been averaging 5.5 missed tackles per match 33 missed tackles for the season and then if that's right about Johnson and Ropati, throw in the likes of Vatuvei, the backline is like a revolving door.

Melbourne Manly Cronulla have signs above their goal posts "No Entry" the Warriors sign reads "Exit this way please"

should Cronulla sign Luke Burt ?

very very good description. i heard elijah taylor on radio sport this moring and you could tell he is not happy with those blokes. ropati is no good, vatuvei was reliant upon brown or mannering in centres to dictate to him were he should be positioned, and this allowed him to look good. ropati should be dropped, i have never been a fan. an amputee would do a better job than him, he has butter fingers, a cow could waddle faster in reverse than ropatis sprint and is weak on defense. get rid please

very very good description. i heard elijah taylor on radio sport this moring and you could tell he is not happy with those blokes. ropati is no good, vatuvei was reliant upon brown or mannering in centres to dictate to him were he should be positioned, and this allowed him to look good. ropati should be dropped, i have never been a fan. an amputee would do a better job than him, he has butter fingers, a cow could waddle faster in reverse than ropatis sprint and is weak on defense. get rid please

Varro he is just 1 of many making poor reads in defence at the mo. Has a domino effect when 1 stuffs up.

Varro he is just 1 of many making poor reads in defence at the mo. Has a domino effect when 1 stuffs up.

yes this is true. however i think its a shame, i would drop ropati from the team, use his money plus the opriginal offer to keep lewis brown, although he prefers to be a second rower, he was a very very good centre. kirsnan inu is just relaxed for my liking, although when his mind is on the job he is good. Im just starting to doubt blueys tactical nouss here, because ropati has been rubbish since he came back, he should be replaced. and as much as i hate it, i agree with pogo aka cletus, perhaps vatuvei should be dropped just for a game. as silly as it might sound it might just make him think that he does have to play for his postition and might try a bit harder on defence.

yes this is true. however i think its a shame, i would drop ropati from the team, use his money plus the opriginal offer to keep lewis brown, although he prefers to be a second rower, he was a very very good centre. kirsnan inu is just relaxed for my liking, although when his mind is on the job he is good. Im just starting to doubt blueys tactical nouss here, because ropati has been rubbish since he came back, he should be replaced. and as much as i hate it, i agree with pogo aka cletus, perhaps vatuvei should be dropped just for a game. as silly as it might sound it might just make him think that he does have to play for his postition and might try a bit harder on defence.

Brown was a rubbish centre last year. Got found out on defence time after time for both the Warriors and Kiwis. The Kangaroos in particular destroyed his career as a centre. To be fair to him, it was a tough ask for a fill-in to step into one of the toughest positions in league.

Ropati does look slow and well off the pace. He moreso than Ben Henry deserves a a stint with the Vulcans. The problem Bluey faces is that Ropati is one of the most experienced players he has available to him and the Warriors are lacking veteran leadership and experience at this point. Lillyman and Luck returning will help that to a large extent. Maybe then will Ropati and Vatuvei get the tap on the shoulder letting them know a stint in reserve grade is required.

Warriors won!!!

Where are all the detractors?

Gone quiet have we?

Can they make it two in a row?

Not too many detractors.

Just frustrated supporters.

Good win over Souths BUT it was only Souths. The teams the Warriors have beaten so far are an average bunch - Eels, Titans and Rabbits.

Big test coming up in the form of the Storm and the Broncos. We'll get a true reflection of how the team is going in a few weeks time.

Warriors won!!!

Where are all the detractors?

Gone quiet have we?

Can they make it two in a row?

I'm here ! ... Was obviously a better performance but far from what's required to compete consistently throughout the season,lot of 50/50 plays with the odd bit of last seasons luck thrown in, I did like one of their tries but overall they lacked structure,home game leaking 22 points that could of easily been greater... Still looks a 9th place finish