RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
StraightUpShoot

'Bluey' McClennan confirmed as Warriors coach

Let's hope the Warriors get the title this year.

Will take a year for Bluey to get to grips coaching in the toughest comp in the world, so will be 2013 before the Warriors have another genuine shot at the title.

No surprise with Bluey. Be interesting to see if he retains Iro as his assistant.....hope so.

It will also be interesting to see if Cleary is strong enough to work with Yoda aka Gould. Somehow I doubt it but good luck to him.....................seriously:D

Guest Quarter horse

Just listening to him being interviewed he doesn't sound like the most articulate orator I've ever heard...which should mean that his players understand him.

Let's hope the Warriors get the title this year.

Will take a year for Bluey to get to grips coaching in the toughest comp in the world, so will be 2013 before the Warriors have another genuine shot at the title.

You could be right there Madlib. I can also see back to back titles when it happens.

So much young talent coming through. With less being spent on "aged" imports we may be able to retain a lot more of them!!

Just listening to him being interviewed he doesn't sound like the most articulate orator I've ever heard...which should mean that his players understand him.

Like may Cafers eh CT?:D A lot of expectation will be on him.

There's no doubt Cleary will be handing over a very good side, the Warriors last loss was the difference IMO off Cleary staying and leaving, I feel he wanted to stay, but was advised by the board that he may not be offered an extension, so he accepted the Penrith job, had Gould not come knocking, right at about this time he could very well be signing an extension.

The Warriors club are set to build a Dynasty, and the NRL are penciling in a double header at Eden Park next year, along with a NZ State of Origin, Auckland v Counties, this is all speculation of course.

The strength of the game will grow in NZ along with the popularity on the back of the Warriors success, it will never be NZs #1 game, but the majority off fans will embrace both codes.

The success of the Toyota cup side is enormous, the depth now the Warriors have coming through the Junior grades will hold them in good stead for years to come.

For the Junior Warriors to win last years Toyota Cup, and then lose alot of players to rival clubs, and be leading the comp again with some dominant displays, the Dynasty is begining.

Had Cleary remained at the club, it was just a matter of time before the NRL trophy was heading across the tasman.

Although Madlib raises a good point about the NRL grind, compared to the simplicity of the Super League, I expect the Warriors to finish in the top 4, and everyone will be singing Bluey's praises, when in fact the groundwork and platform has been set.

Really good times ahead for Warrior fans, it's onwards and upwards from here on.

Great to see Bluey come out and state he doesn't need a year to settle in and aim for 8th 6th or 4th, it will be the premiership from day one, the guy is a winner, and I for one will back them next year accordingly

Chur Chur

Great to see Bluey come out and state he doesn't need a year to settle in and aim for 8th 6th or 4th, it will be the premiership from day one, the guy is a winner, and I for one will back them next year accordingly

Talk is cheap we will see if he can walk the walk.What a good team to inherit though.I hope for his sake they dont bomb out next year.

What a good team to inherit though.I hope for his sake they dont bomb out next year.

He couldn't have hoped for a better side, if he had gone to Parra I wouldn't be singing his praises, I also hope they don't bomb out.

As for Cleary he is leaving a potential premiership side, to a team that may win the spoon next year Penrith minus Petro and Waterhouse.

Cleary is not the Warriors problem anymore, so I won't be bagging him again, he seems like a genuine nice bloke, hopefully he goes well, and this year isn't over yet, many Warrior fans think he did a better than allright job, but then again many didn't.

There has been some major flops this year, in this order for mine.

1) Roosters

2) Titans

3) Bulldogs

4) Raiders

The Warriors aren't in this catergory so let's bring it home, Julian would deserve it for all the flak he has coped.

Many of the experts are calling it a 3 horse race

Melbourne

Manly

St George

I don't see it as a 3 horse race, it's wide open for mine, the only side in the Top 8 that I can't see winning is Newcastle.

The Cowboy's would need JT back though.

Maybe Julian isn't quite done yet.

Just don't praise Bluey himself.

Looks like he's lost the dressing room already. That 'passion' sure is doing the trick.

The best form of passion he could show at the moment is be "politically incorrect" and give the Warriors a damn good blasting! How weak was that tonight?? Even at the 12th minute mark they were crawling to a scrum. Lousi looked like he had been on the turps with Jesse Ryder last night! He was about to faint!! Pogo you could well be right - Manu has looked woeful this year and could need the boot for a week or 3. Even Maloney let two tries in - jeez!

Onwards and upwards - theres nowhere else to go after that effort! :D

PS: great effort last night by your boys Pogo - highly impressive.

It makes you wonder what the boys did on their buildup to this. Maybe sticking to last weeks game plan was not the way to go:D

2 weeks in a row now we are making other slightly under performing teams look good. We are fortunate not to have faced the Storm or Broncs playing this badly. Both would have put on 50 points I'm sure. Don't know if it's time for some wholesale changes but yes I agree with the comments on Manu. He is not doing enough offensively to offset his "lapses" on D.

Work the oracle Bluey....start with the 40 missed tackles we seem to be averaging. Not to mention the ineffectual tackles which are leading to the glut of offloads against us.

That feels better!...............

and a few words of wisdom for you Pogo".....Now's the time to see good football

For the Sharks are here!":)

Only hope for a win next weekend is if they can arrange a game v the Blues.

Inu must have a smile a mile wide.

As for Bluey, if he names an unchanged team next week he will be confirming that he has no idea.

and a few words of wisdom for you Pogo".....Now's the time to see good football

For the Sharks are here

there was plenty of that sung last night mate...

the tongue pokers spent the week on the south coast of nsw .

As for Bluey, if he names an unchanged team next week he will be confirming that he has no idea.

what has happened in the off season?Changed coach and a few injuries(which most clubs have got)

No passion no game plan no idea!

No darts out of dummy this season.

Bluey is not the man that most on here crowed about when appointed head coach.

He's lucky he doesn't coach in the EPL.

Zak, I don't believe the NZ Warriors can arrange a game against the Blues as they play in different competitions.