RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Guest Quarter horse

Pakeha child abuse ignored - researcher

This thread will probably get deleted as it doesn't fit with the sheriff's racist view of NZ...so enjoy it while it's here.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/5331753/Pakeha-child-abuse-ignored-researcher

Pakeha kill just as many children as Maori, despite Maori being the "face of abuse" in the media, according to a researcher.

Social work lecturer Raema Merchant said focusing on Maori parents diverts attention away from the fact Pakeha can harm children too.

"I'm not denying it's a problem for Maori, but if we're just focusing on Maori we're ignoring the Pakeha side," she said.

"It's almost as though Pakeha are putting their heads in the sand and saying there is no Pakeha child abuse."

Her master's thesis at the Eastern Institute of Technology found about half of the children killed in New Zealand died at the hands of a Pakeha abuser.

Almost 9000 children were victims of physical abuse between 2000 and 2008, yet only 21 became "household names"' in the media, she said.

Just one-third of child deaths were reported in the press, and they were predominantly Maori cases.

Merchant urged the public and media to focus on real problems of child abuse, rather than making Maori the "face of abuse".

"The real danger I have seen from a social worker point of view is that there are a lot of children being abused but as far as the public are concerned they only seem to know about the ones that are Maori.

"Child abuse is a problem for all people, not just for Maori."

Merchant is already planning her next thesis, which will look at a bigger issue: whether focusing on Maori child abuse victims leads to skewed views by health professionals and the public.

This could lead to a lack of awareness of abuse occurring in Pakeha families, she said.

Merchant found physical child abuse was largely related to poverty, poor housing, inter-generational abuse, poor parenting and drugs and alcohol abuse.

Her research comes after a recent poll revealed half of New Zealanders believe child abuse has an ethnic connection.

Research New Zealand conducted the survey on how New Zealanders view the causes of child abuse, asking respondents to rank the factors they believed most contributed to the problem.

Just over half the 503 people polled said child abuse was a cultural issue, while parental experience and economic factors shared equal status at about a third each.

Child Matters chief executive Anthea Simcock said abuse was not just about one culture.

"Child abuse is right across the spectrum."

On average, one child is killed every five weeks in New Zealand, and most victims are less than a year old.

Oh I utterly refuse to believe this trash as it is written by a bias Pakeha media...or I could decided to be selective uuummm what should it be?????

Oh I utterly refuse to believe this trash as it is written by a bias Pakeha media...or I could decided to be selective uuummm what should it be?????

Now i'm not biased towards people who can spell but if you and GT(:D) are going to keep attempting to proselytise us through your vastly superior intellect could one of you please get it right - it's biased not bias

Now i'm not biased towards people who can spell but if you and GT(:D) are going to keep attempting to proselytise us through your vastly superior intellect could one of you please get it right - it's biased not bias

Never saw that coming, superior intellect?

If that is how you see it then I am happy with the label.:D

Craig the harness driver don't you? But there's too much fun to be had in the character assassination of someone you don't know.

What goes round comes round. Remember that Cowards.

Quarterhorse is Chris Taylor

Regan didn't actually verbally racially abuse me, but I saw it in his eyes, and I knew what he was thinking!

You might all think I'm crazy but I can sense racist thoughts from a mile away...even from you guys on here!

You'll get yours Chris

I note one Junior driver Regan Todd had a day to remember 1/4 horse. From 4 drives only one miss, two winners at $5 and $9, a placing that paid $4.50 and still had the time to racially vilify you as he sped past, driving Holly Patron to victory.

Didn't go past. Regan was two horses ahead at the 400 but then you're obviously not a true racing person so would struggle to read what happens in a race. .

Cowards suck much more bblunt.

I am Craig Kennett and this is my first account here for years.

So what do you think of the character defamation that has gone on here against me when I haven't even posted here for so many years? Fair enough is it?

zzz knows that quarterhorse isn't me. Moderator BruceM knows it isn't me but they'll get theirs. What goes round comes round.

I see too that Andrew Lacey is posting using my name as his real name signature. Check up member Rizzactor.

I had a horse called Realist bblunt and I had to join to get the truth out as it's more than a little creepy to read what the race cafe Cowards are doing to me and my son in my name.

Getting your kicks are you?

I wonder if you lot will share in the guilt if things get out of hand after all this bull****. Character assassination on a public message board would be a leader for provoking violence. If something does happen, there will be good cause and reason on my part. In fact you'll all be dragged into it no matter how innocent you pretend to be.

Hey CK, read the posts from the start. All I can say is I never claimed to be Willie Nelson but if everyone keeps telling you you're Willie Nelson, eventually you're likely to say "Yeah F it, I am Willie Nelson"

bblunt a guy who zzz and BruceM know isn't me is on this board pretending to be me and claiming that I am accusing other harness drivers of being racist to me in races. They are even naming other drivers. Chris Taylor also keeps bringing up my son on here.

It is not funny and it will be sorted out. I don't care how.

By the way Craig, we have history if you don't remember. A few years back we were mid conversation when you got banned. Don't even remember what it was over but it was epic, truly epic:D

Cowards suck much more bblunt.

I am Craig Kennett and this is my first account here for years.

So what do you think of the character defamation that has gone on here against me when I haven't even posted here for so many years? Fair enough is it?

zzz knows that quarterhorse isn't me. Moderator BruceM knows it isn't me but they'll get theirs. What goes round comes round.

Thats rich. So will the real Craig Kennett stand up p;ease,or was that John Anderson. Oh wait it might be Chris Taylor.

Frankly who gives a fat rats arse. You post ,you get a reply. If you are taking the piss ,you get the piss thrown back.

Hey, this is fun.It might not be what Racecafe was intended for,but good on you zzz and Bruce. Nothing like a bit of open debate between ,well who the F--ck knows who anymore.:D

bblunt a guy who zzz and BruceM know isn't me is on this board pretending to be me and claiming that I am accusing other harness drivers of being racist to me in races. They are even naming other drivers. Chris Taylor also keeps bringing up my son on here.

It is not funny and it will be sorted out. I don't care how.

OK i see your point - not funny. If i was you I'd agree. One point i've been trying to make if you can see it is that QH never claimed to be you. In fact he denied it openly on many threads. But after about the 50th accusation he must've thought well bugger it then

There is no excuse for Chris Taylor. He is very happy defaming my name and to go on about my son including copy n pastes of him and then do what he has regards drivers being racist to me, not him, even naming drivers. It's defamation no matter how you look at it. He will get his. This has gone too far this time.

And you making out it's just a joke shows that you need teaching in morals whomever you are blunt. zzz can't be taught any morals. Dirty little Catholics don't have any.

Just remember if things do get out of hand you'll be dragged into it too. You're no innocent bystander.

And I'm not talking about legalities. I'm talking violence. It's gone too far. People can go to the cops tomorrow but I'll tell them I've had enough of this site and it's character assassination of me and my son on here.

Guest Quarter horse
OK i see your point - not funny. If i was you I'd agree. One point i've been trying to make if you can see it is that QH never claimed to be you. In fact he denied it openly on many threads. But after about the 50th accusation he must've thought well bugger it then

Bingo!

Someone called me CK, then it snowballed, and as I live by the motto "never let the truth get in the way of a good yarn", I let it ride!

Craig, get help! You're a liar who can't be trusted, hence you're the most vilified person on the internet.

To Opo, Straight Strike, DC7 etc etc, everyone on the Sports Forum has been laughing at you clowns for months because you're not smart enough to put two and two together. I've thoroughly enjoyed taking the pee out of you lot, even though it was like taking candy from a baby.

Guest Quarter horse

So here we have a licensed harness driver threatening violence on a public forum...tut tut...not a good look Craig.

Lucky I've copied all your posts so that I can send them to the Head Gypsy tomorrow, as I'm sure your posts will be deleted by zzz come the morning (as the DIA don't really like this kind of thing too much either).

That's it from me; knock yourself out Craig.

Yeah and I have copied everything hear too BOY. I have good reason to threaten you, you bloody coward.

I will say it again. I don't care about the law on this matter. It doesn't protect me from yours and others character assassination of me here does it? So I'll have to stop you myself.

Go on Run to mummy in the morning. zzz's the biggest Coward in this. He knew it was you. Typical catholic is all one needs to say. The biggest sinners of us all. Bloody hypocrites.