RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Guest Quarter horse

Pakeha child abuse ignored - researcher

Guest Quarter horse

This thread will probably get deleted as it doesn't fit with the sheriff's racist view of NZ...so enjoy it while it's here.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/5331753/Pakeha-child-abuse-ignored-researcher

Pakeha kill just as many children as Maori, despite Maori being the "face of abuse" in the media, according to a researcher.

Social work lecturer Raema Merchant said focusing on Maori parents diverts attention away from the fact Pakeha can harm children too.

"I'm not denying it's a problem for Maori, but if we're just focusing on Maori we're ignoring the Pakeha side," she said.

"It's almost as though Pakeha are putting their heads in the sand and saying there is no Pakeha child abuse."

Her master's thesis at the Eastern Institute of Technology found about half of the children killed in New Zealand died at the hands of a Pakeha abuser.

Almost 9000 children were victims of physical abuse between 2000 and 2008, yet only 21 became "household names"' in the media, she said.

Just one-third of child deaths were reported in the press, and they were predominantly Maori cases.

Merchant urged the public and media to focus on real problems of child abuse, rather than making Maori the "face of abuse".

"The real danger I have seen from a social worker point of view is that there are a lot of children being abused but as far as the public are concerned they only seem to know about the ones that are Maori.

"Child abuse is a problem for all people, not just for Maori."

Merchant is already planning her next thesis, which will look at a bigger issue: whether focusing on Maori child abuse victims leads to skewed views by health professionals and the public.

This could lead to a lack of awareness of abuse occurring in Pakeha families, she said.

Merchant found physical child abuse was largely related to poverty, poor housing, inter-generational abuse, poor parenting and drugs and alcohol abuse.

Her research comes after a recent poll revealed half of New Zealanders believe child abuse has an ethnic connection.

Research New Zealand conducted the survey on how New Zealanders view the causes of child abuse, asking respondents to rank the factors they believed most contributed to the problem.

Just over half the 503 people polled said child abuse was a cultural issue, while parental experience and economic factors shared equal status at about a third each.

Child Matters chief executive Anthea Simcock said abuse was not just about one culture.

"Child abuse is right across the spectrum."

On average, one child is killed every five weeks in New Zealand, and most victims are less than a year old.

Child abuse is not acceptable in any race.

But this sez it all right here -

"Pakeha kill just as many children as Maori, despite Maori being the "face of abuse" in the media, according to a researcher."

So that's a 50 - 50 split of the total abuse between maori and non-maori.

With maori at only 15% of the population and committing 50% of the total abuse this just proves what everyone has been saying that child abuse in the maori population is disproportionately higher than in non-maori population.

I don't know where the author got their credentials but it must have been a very cheap cereal packet.

i have to say this....

no abuse, by maori or pakeha is exceptable.. finger pointing seems to be your fortay quacker horse and yeas you are very good at it..

these figures this researcher came up with i personnally would question...

if they orginated from child youth and family they would be doctored to suit their cause..

how many of these children have been abused and/or died while in cyf care..i'd say a good percentage of the researchers figures would be cyf related and make up a good perportion of said figures..that is fact..

maori trend to look after there own.. abuse their own,and sadly kill their own that is fact. more noticeable because of the way they do these killings...

stick yourself in a dryer and spin yourself around for 10 minutes and see what marbles you have left quacker horse..not that there were many to begin with lol

but as stated above... no abuse is exceptable.. it is not just a maori thing,nor is it just a pakeha thing...as a nation ..new zealand has a problem thats what you should be directing this thread at...

and may i add.. looking at the researchers name says it all.. another anti pakeha rebel from the hard done poor maori people cause..

her next asignment will be.. how my great great grandmother was raped by pkeha settlers and now i want back payment claims..

and on the paedophillia issue, something else that is a new zealand problem not just a pakeha/maori problem...

i help deal with both issues eack week (abuse and paedophillia )

it is no less a pakeha issue than it is a maori issue)

look at the maori population and the figure are very high

look at the pakeha figures and it is some what lower cause of the higher population of pakeha,it still does not alter the fact that there is a major problem with paedophillia, that needs to be stamped out...

madlip, you are trying to convince people that whiteman, and whiteman alone is the cause of paedophillia when you clearly know that to be an untruth,your stirring the race pot again just like your homo mate quacker horse, but thats another thread....

Lloyd, many thanks and must confess had never heard of the institution before now. Thought it may be one of those that you print your qualifications off the internet which seems to happen from time to time.I daresay, unfortunately, child abuse happens in all races, white, brown, black and pink no matter what colour.At least its being discussed out in the open.

Cheers Archie

And then there is the paedophilia issue. In the main a white-man's crime. What is the government doing to stamp out this abhorrent behaviour from pakeha?

FACT

Maori keep it in the family!

Guest Quarter horse

So many of the responses on here are symptomatic of why Pakeha child abuse is such a problem in Aotearoa New Zealand, in that most of you refuse to admit that it is a problem within your society.

You Pakeha should take a leaf out of the Maori book and face up to your inadequacies as a race. Your attitudes towards your young people are disgusting and until you address this then these sorts of statistics will continue to get worse.

Quarter horse. I presume you mean that taking a leaf out of the maori book is meaning we practice the "code of silence" and say nothing? Im sure that will help clean the situation up. Since when has maori faced up to their inadequacies as you put it. From what I have been reading its been a case of blaming the pakeha for everything and sundry.Still it takes all sorts to make a world, including both you and me.

Cheers Archie

Guest Quarter horse

Archie, you are a classic example of why Pakeha are in the position they are re child abuse.

Why don't you just admit that your race has a problem instead of trying to deflect the blame?

Facing up to issues is the way to go Archie, as Maori have proven.

The wheel is round and it works Archie.

Cheers

Guest Quarter horse

No need to take that attitude Nobby, as these guys are on the cutting-edge of the socio-political environment that exists with Aotearoa New Zealand. Thus they don't need someone like you telling them what they should or should not comment on.

They are all dead-set genii in their own right.

at Starship Childrens Hospital in Auckland and she has previously told me the statistics of all admissions for Child Abuse Victims and it is nowhere near 1/2 Pakeha and 1/2 Maori as 1/4 Pony's friend suggests.

My neice tells me roughly 3/4's are Maori and the remaining 1/4 of victims are made up of all other races.

No need to take that attitude Nobby, as these guys are on the cutting-edge of the socio-political environment that exists with Aotearoa New Zealand. Thus they don't need someone like you telling them what they should or should not comment on.

They are all dead-set genii in their own right.

We see who most of all Gangs are made up by, Mongels Mob, Black Power, etc etc.

Violence is a way of life with many Maori.

While shopping last week here was this huge fat Maori "woman" belting the hell out of her child for pulling the shoes of the rack, i went to her and said that the child did not deserve such a hiding like that, ....she immediately told me to f off and mind my own business !!

1/4 horse with his bias brain will no doubt come up with some of his other rubbish to mitigate all the negative Maori Statistics.

Last week we saw the child in Kaitaia KICKED TO DEATH because she kept playing with her toys when the "mother" told her to stop.

Guest Quarter horse

My neice tells me roughly 3/4's are Maori and the remaining 1/4 of victims are made up of all other races.

Can you provide the link to this statistical information please Gay Thrust?

And remember, you'd better be able to back this claim up because the sheriff only wants facts presented on RaceCafe, not unqualified biased opinion.

Guest Quarter horse
We see who most of all Gangs are made up by, Mongels Mob, Black Power, etc etc.

Hells Angels would be predominantly Pakeha, as would the Satans Slaves, Highway 61, United National Front Nazi Party, the Judeans People Front, and the Road Knights.

These are all gangs Gay Thrust.

So please, where is your verifiable evidence that Maori make up most of the gangs?

And remember, you'd better be able to back this claim up because the sheriff only wants facts presented on RaceCafe, not unqualified biased opinion.

The Gangs you talk about are by and large fairly subdued groups who aren't forever in the public eye for their violent behaviour ( murders,rape,bashings,robberies,armed hold-ups, etc etc.)

What was the %age of Maori costing NZer's hundreds of millions a year to house in our prisons 1/4 Pony ? , about 80%(and Maori make up about 15% of the population !!) bias one....that sums it up,end of story.

of the totally uneducated,irrational,bias and unbalanced rubbish you post on here.

I can't be bothered exchanging discussion with an unemployed,bludging imbercile such as you.,therefore i won't reply to you, i am totally in agreeance with the Sheriff on your Race Cafe status.

Guest Quarter horse
of the totally uneducated,irrational,bias and unbalanced rubbish you post on here.

I can't be bothered exchanging discussion with an unemployed,bludging imbercile such as you.,therefore i won't reply to you, i am totally in agreeance with the Sheriff on your Race Cafe status.

So in the face of your inability to back up your unsubstantiated racist opinions, you give up?

Are you really that weak Gay Thrust?

Or is it that you can't handle being out-thought by a Maori?

Guest Quarter horse
Grahame.the problem is that he is so one eyed he still cant see the micky is being taken out of him.

Cheers Archie

Yep, you're onto it Archie: you guys are taking the mickey out of me, and not the other way around.

Cheers Archie