RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JJ Flash

Majestic Man Victory- Well done NZMTC

Great to see him back to his old ways. Interesting for a change that it was a mobile mile at Addington. Something different and whilst 2 broke early on it was nice to see something different. Well done to The Met for trying to be innovative. Oscar will be the big improver from the event IMHO

Well it seems Majestic Man is a staggering good price at 60-1  for the next Interdominion Trotters Championship Nov-Dec as has run 2nd in the last 2 Grand Finals.

Bolt for Brilliance and Sundees Son are the 2 Sportsbet favourites for Nz  but haven't been around those Victoria country tracks as yet.

Best Aussie 2 are the current Interdominion Champion MAORI LAW  (for old kiwi trainer Richard Brosnan of No Response Interdom fame)

and QUEEN ELIDA , the new kid on the block. won 10 of her last 11 . And Part-owned by some of the New Zealand 'Barron' family. so a good kiwi connection with her.

On 8/14/2022 at 9:21 AM, JJ Flash said:

I dont know why Addington dont run more mile races- great spectacles and good to bet on

There should be a meeting consisting of all mile races... eight to 10 races, 6-8 starters each race.. what a great night's racing that would be?

Let's do it.

11 minutes ago, Thejanitor said:

There should be a meeting consisting of all mile races... eight to 10 races, 6-8 starters each race.. what a great night's racing that would be?

Let's do it.

Alexandra Park would kill to have a night with 8-10 races and 6-8 starters per race. A night such as you describe, around Addington, does not appeal to me at all, but we're all different. 

6 hours ago, Idolmite said:

Alexandra Park would kill to have a night with 8-10 races and 6-8 starters per race. A night such as you describe, around Addington, does not appeal to me at all, but we're all different. 

Auckland used to have a mile night.  One would think such a night should still be in their 2023 programme as does inject some variation and excitment. Also gives trotters the rare chance to earn black type - we benefited in 2020 when our trotting filly went under 2 min for her one and only win.

2 hours ago, Nelli said:

Auckland used to have a mile night.  One would think such a night should still be in their 2023 programme as does inject some variation and excitment. Also gives trotters the rare chance to earn black type - we benefited in 2020 when our trotting filly went under 2 min for her one and only win.

I remember them. A 'mile night' around Alex Park would be far more entertaining than the same around Addington, due mainly to the ChCh start point, even though I prefer racing at Addington much more overall. My comment re Auckland related to their serious lack of horseflesh these days. 

20 hours ago, 2Piper said:

Heats, second round heats, regional semis, regional finals then grand final/s mile racing should be a feature of the racing calender.

Even throw in grass miles as part of the series or a stand alone one.

Exactly. The series would be a winner for all, owners, trainers and punters. For it to work well you would also need a decent future  betting market. Astute punters could spot a filly and think she is ideal for final you might get $4 or $5 a place if you get on early. I think they would be really good betting races. The fields will be smaller six to eight horses but the form will be stacked, Is anyone listening...?

On 8/17/2022 at 7:20 AM, Thejanitor said:

Exactly. The series would be a winner for all, owners, trainers and punters. For it to work well you would also need a decent future  betting market. Astute punters could spot a filly and think she is ideal for final you might get $4 or $5 a place if you get on early. I think they would be really good betting races. The fields will be smaller six to eight horses but the form will be stacked, Is anyone listening...?

Melton had another night just for the Trotters across a nine race card last night. Most had qualified from series heats run in the previous weeks at different venues for some finals being run at one great night out.

Was a great night for a bet , and even the current Interdominion Trotting Champion Maori Law won his race last night well , for kiwi Richard Brosnan.

The best racing comes from qualifying in heats and leading up to a Final .You end up with good fields

All trying hard . (firstly to qualify for semi's and Finals, then to actually having a crack for the better stakemoney the Final offers.)

so is way better than usual week to week racing for a punt and as a spectacle and with good reward for the owners and trainers too. Do you remember the DB Flying Fillies series was always quite good for years, as one example.

On 8/14/2022 at 11:25 AM, lamour said:

Starting point isn’t that flash.  I like mile racing though.  It’s a shame Ashburton have ditched them for 1700.  It is the best mile track in NZ

At Ashvegas today 6 of the 10 races are over 1700. Very even betting fields as well so on a nice spring day the races should be first class.