RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JJ Flash

Well Played Leo

He has withdrawn from Mayoral race after a drop in polls to 3rd. All along he was about stopping another leftie from running Auckland  .

Stepping aside to get Efeso beaten  was a selfless move. Well played IMHO

4 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Pretty boring race now then…Collins will be status quo and Brown is a has been.

It's a sad state of affairs when the highest polling candidate (Collins) is on 22%, meaning 78% of people (more than 3 times as many) want somebody else. 

Leo's withdrawal should hand victory to Wayne Brown, deserved or not (the latter being more likely).

I'm gutted!

Now we will never know if one man could have made a difference or it's all just a charade with the paid staff having complete control, like I think it is.

I thought that if anyone could break the mound, it would be my long time mate.

Worse still, I will now never get to ride in a mayoral car 😢

19 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

He has withdrawn from Mayoral race after a drop in polls to 3rd. All along he was about stopping another leftie from running Auckland  .

Stepping aside to get Efeso beaten  was a selfless move. Well played IMHO

Le Molly would have been too vocal for Mayor. Too ratical  and he would not have blended with the society persons of Remurea and other wealthy suburbs of inner Auckland.

Just now, pole said:

Le Molly would have been too vocal for Mayor. Too ratical  and he would not have blended with the society persons of Remurea and other wealthy suburbs of inner Auckland.

So your in favour of the boring but useless status quo. Many see it differently but if the overspending left get outed then its fine by me no matter which city you are in.

9 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

So your in favour of the boring but useless status quo. Many see it differently but if the overspending left get outed then its fine by me no matter which city you are in.

Auckland is a over crowded mess. No mayor can improve the congested roads and ram raids and drive by gun crimes.

From Lusty Len to Pretender Phil Goff where has Auckland gone?

My prediction is that Efeso will win and Auckland will keep on Stumbling on. Not a super city by any stretch  of a persons imagination.

Thanks to those supporting me

My decision was purely strategic

If I’d stayed in the race Efeso would’ve won easily

Our high level polling said I had my hardcore populist 25% vote locked in, but no support from the undecided so I couldn’t win 

If I’d stayed in beyond lunchtime yesterday my name could not be removed from the ballot papers ….and given my very high name recognition I’d still have attracted about 30,000 votes…because that’s how superficial local body politics is, they vote for you just because they recognize your name 

The issue there was that my 30,000 votes would’ve seriously diminished the chances of any other centre right candidate, and handed the win to Efeso and  Labour 

Given that this once great city is on its knees now, and no other centre right candidate would stand down, I wasn’t prepared to risk the future of the city, and following on from that the future of the country in next years general election because the country will follow what happens in Auckland 

I might add that I’m still very much a player here, there’s a lot more juice left in this orange …..

I went to the Auckland Grammar School ball with Brownie’s daughter Lucy. His wife Toni is best friend’s with my mother and Brownie owned a kiwi fruit farm in Kerikeri many years ago with my father. 
I caught up with Brownie a couple of months ago while over in NZ visiting my mother in the Far North. He has a smart brain with a proven track record and will make an excellent Auckland Mayor. 

1 hour ago, CeeTee said:

I went to the Auckland Grammar School ball with Brownie’s daughter Lucy. His wife Toni is best friend’s with my mother and Brownie owned a kiwi fruit farm in Kerikeri many years ago with my father. 
I caught up with Brownie a couple of months ago while over in NZ visiting my mother in the Far North. He has a smart brain with a proven track record and will make an excellent Auckland Mayor. 

Your recommendation is enough to make me want to change my vote yet again......

1 hour ago, Idolmite said:

Your recommendation is enough to make me want to change my vote yet again......

Sounds like you’ve voted for the next Mayor of Auckland Barry.

Brownie thanks you for your vote 😎

9378E77E-7C0E-4F5E-889B-54914AE4D506.jpeg

5 hours ago, CeeTee said:

That’s him fxxked then 

30 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

That’s him fxxked then 

Says the one who waved the white flag yesterday.  😂
Wise move to quit while you’re behind short stuff and leave it to the legitimate candidates. 😉

Real shame Leo. Not sure that interview with Williams helped at all.
He seemed to be at you from the getgo, and while they can say “its just a bit of fun”, “bit of humour, not to be taken seriously etc “ the simple fact is most viewers take things at face value and a hell of a lot of potential voters did just that, or just didn’t get it. Certainly didn’t like it…

Lesson learned no doubt….👍

On 8/13/2022 at 12:48 PM, CeeTee said:

No wonder it’s been so quiet up here, word must have got out…..:rolleyes:

34 minutes ago, Contentious said:

did you STOP the car - under the No Parking sign? 

That’s his car outside his home.

They’ll be no STOPPING him for the Auckland Mayoral position. Trust me. 😉

1 hour ago, CeeTee said:

That’s his car outside his home.

They’ll be no STOPPING him for the Auckland Mayoral position. Trust me. 😉

He's DEFINITELY done in that case. No hope from there. You can stop a fully-laden train with a full head of steam on a downhill run.