RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JJ Flash

NZ Cup Talk

That's right Mikie, I just got asked today at the Puke Trials you goin to Cup Week? I said don't you mean Bloom Fest Week, the guy did a double take an looked at me like I was havin him on, I assured him I wasn't an he said summit I cant say in here, if I wanna mind me manners - twasn't complimentary 😆 then I had to hear all about the Cups all bein Handicapped and how !@#$%^ dumassed that was again, oiyvay.....

Oh shit Idol mate, I just realised I made it onto yuh 'dream field' startin list  👏

Cheers Iraklis

5 minutes ago, Iraklis said:

That's right Mikie, I just got asked today at the Puke Trials you goin to Cup Week? I said don't you mean Bloom Fest Week, the guy did a double take an looked at me like I was havin him on, I assured him I wasn't an he said summit I cant say in here, if I wanna mind me manners - twasn't complimentary 😆 then I had to hear all about the Cups all bein Handicapped and how !@#$%^ dumassed that was again, oiyvay.....

Oh shit Idol mate, I just realised I made it onto yuh 'dream field' startin list  👏

Cheers Iraklis

Yes, Iraklis made the list, but Idolmite didn't. My namesake was just a battler 🤣

13 hours ago, Iraklis said:

Well Idol, here's a thought, without the battlers there'd be no Stars 😃 oh an GOOOOO! MajesticMan for the next.....

Cheers Iraklis

A very easy 'walk in the park' for Majestic Man.!! wonder why sprint trotter Muscle Mountain didn't turn up for that one? a mile FFA suits him.

and just had a look at NZ Cup market. South Coast Arden 15-1 (equal with Kango who I would of thought he would beat easily) after his placing last year in the great race and winning the Nz FFA. Has he trained off or something?

12 hours ago, Pure Steel said:

Well mate, you are high on the list at OAMARU . In that area the locals say Idolmite rules ! with 2 Hannon Memorials to Iraklis with only one. Think he's Just a pretender?

DSC02824.JPG

Idolmite with two

Iraklis with one

Pure Steel with zero

Idolmite rules 🤣

40 minutes ago, Idolmite said:

Idolmite with two

Iraklis with one

Pure Steel with zero

Idolmite rules 🤣

Pure Steel sadly zero wins in the Interdominion Grand Final as well . The GOLD standard of trotting.  A true travesty of harness racing .

Steelo finishing with a 2nd, a 3rd and a 4th in Grand Finals. 

Consistantly polls in the TOP 10 harness horses ever trained in Australia. All Interdominion Championship winners (some winning several) .... except Steelo. 😪

Blacks A Fake,  Westburn Grant, I'm ThemightyQuinn, Gammalite, Village Kid, Popular Alm, Our Sir Vancelot, Preux Chevalier and Koala King being the others in TOP 10.  

13 hours ago, Pure Steel said:

Well mate, you are high on the list at OAMARU . In that area the locals say Idolmite rules ! with 2 Hannon Memorials to Iraklis with only one. Think he's Just a pretender?

DSC02824.JPG

Just looked at the records. Says Iraklis 1997 and 1998, so two for him too. 

48 minutes ago, Idolmite said:

Just looked at the records. Says Iraklis 1997 and 1998, so two for him too. 

Ha ! well he might of caught up to you Idolmite, but iraklis only 2nd and 3rd in his Interdominions (behind Our Sir Vancelot ) so not getting past Pure Steel yet either.  😉

We will just have to out-point him at this years Cup week with some better selections.😄 An Aussie raider or 2 might give him a shake-up. 

5 hours ago, Pure Steel said:

A very easy 'walk in the park' for Majestic Man.!! wonder why sprint trotter Muscle Mountain didn't turn up for that one? a mile FFA suits him.

and just had a look at NZ Cup market. South Coast Arden 15-1 (equal with Kango who I would of thought he would beat easily) after his placing last year in the great race and winning the Nz FFA. Has he trained off or something?

According to oil(Pure Steel), wouldn’t matter what any other horse in the race, other than Self Assured is paying, they may as well stay in their box at home.

As Morris Holmes once said, “I only ever knew one certainty in racing, and it got beat”.

1 hour ago, Keepingthemhonest said:

According to oil(Pure Steel), wouldn’t matter what any other horse in the race, other than Self Assured is paying, they may as well stay in their box at home.

As Morris Holmes once said, “I only ever knew one certainty in racing, and it got beat”.

Pretty sure that was Maurice that said that

2 hours ago, Keepingthemhonest said:

wouldn’t matter what any other horse in the race, other than Self Assured is paying, they may as well stay in their box at home

Must say , I thought that last year , and lost a largish invested wager unfortunately , including a nice multi into my favourite galloper (NZer Verry Elleegant) in the MCup.

Alas the Iraklis 'northern raider ' came along and spoiled the party.

I'd be happier if they (self Assured and Copy That) was on 10m behind following their Cup wins. but why give the others any chance at all ??? congrats to whoever it is trying to make the great race Great again by re-introducing handicaps. 

4 hours ago, Pure Steel said:

Must say , I thought that last year , and lost a largish invested wager unfortunately , including a nice multi into my favourite galloper (NZer Verry Elleegant) in the MCup.

Alas the Iraklis 'northern raider ' came along and spoiled the party.

I'd be happier if they (self Assured and Copy That) was on 10m behind following their Cup wins. but why give the others any chance at all ??? congrats to whoever it is trying to make the great race Great again by re-introducing handicaps. 

it's no secret who it is Pure Steel, just read the previous posts

Pure mate, if the Copy keeps on the improve (had a real nice first back trial) and no probs with his leg I don't see why not, he's a bigger beast now and he's got wheels 😃 would love to see him goin to battle with Self Assured and co again.....can't wait for Treacherous and SthCoastArden to get goin again

Cheers Iraklis

17 hours ago, Pure Steel said:

The CEO ?

No, the "Racing" lady, Catherine McDonald

Given the advantage that the CEO's 2 horses would have had due to the anomalies in the proposed application of handicapping penalties for past wins I would have to imagine that he would have had to declare a conflict of interest in any discussions to date ...  surely

The route to the Cup begins with Grp3 Maurice Holmes Vase tonight. Decent sized field with 4 horse representation from Dunn stable.

Historically no winner has won the cup in the last 10 years bar Self Assured but it will still be the most interesting race on the program . Can Classie Brigade make it win number 3 in the race?

11 hours ago, Iraklis said:

Hey Janitor mate, just looked up the field for MHVase tonight I see yuh mate Laver is in 😃 reckon ClassieB got the goods in this, but I'll give yuh fav a cheer for yuh....

Cheers Iraklis

Laver went huge as did stablemate The Falcon. Heza Sport impressive too. The first three home dominated a trial two weeks ago, Heza Sport, The Falcon & Laver so no surprise to see C de Filippi's horse win. They went a bit quick for Classie Brigade, a great campaigner but I think age is catching up with him. It was a good race and team driving was eliminated with many having a go for the lead. Good to see

Laver will win plenty this season but The Falcon is not far behind him and could end up the better horse.

Wooooeee Janitor mate 😃 Laver and The Falcon fairly flew LOL yeh ClassieB copped a shit run, by the time they turned in headin home he wasn't in it, can never count him out though for the racin comin, Colin D though and his 'Sportster' good on him.....

Cheers Iraklis