RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
poundforpound

Forget Flemington & Randwick, Chris who ? James who ?

Today is our day to shine

How good is Riccarton ? 
Dummy and Mark Oulaghan ( West Coast is a nice big horse, good action for a jumper too, might be really good on decent ground ….Cheltenham or Melbourne ?? ) .so old school those two, so humble, but so great at what they do

Special mentions

The young lady who rode a winner for Paul Harris, Temyia Taiaroa ( any relation to Arnold ? ) the joy on her face was palpable 

Pitty, I love his pithy rants, says it how it is and gives anyone and everyone a spray ..unless you’re producing a track like concrete, or SH1, then you’re exempt 

Terry Moseley…a face like a well kept grave …but the epitome of a real genuine Kiwi battler 

Tim Mills, 63 years in the role and he still loves the job ….

A shout out to Russell Mcara , going back a few years here but they said on telly that he’s pretty crook….good little fella is Russell…in the Wingatui style :) hope you’re ok champ 

And finally, to the 12 people who turned up to the races, go you, you are troopers 

46 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Today is our day to shine

How good is Riccarton ? 
Dummy and Mark Oulaghan ( West Coast is a nice big horse, good action for a jumper too, might be really good on decent ground ….Cheltenham or Melbourne ?? ) .so old school those two, so humble, but so great at what they do

Special mentions

The young lady who rode a winner for Paul Harris, Temyia Taiaroa ( any relation to Arnold ? ) the joy on her face was palpable 

Pitty, I love his pithy rants, says it how it is and gives anyone and everyone a spray ..unless you’re producing a track like concrete, or SH1, then you’re exempt 

Terry Moseley…a face like a well kept grave …but the epitome of a real genuine Kiwi battler 

Tim Mills, 63 years in the role and he still loves the job ….

A shout out to Russell Mcara , going back a few years here but they said on telly that he’s pretty crook….good little fella is Russell…in the Wingatui style :) hope you’re ok champ 

And finally, to the 12 people who turned up to the races, go you, you are troopers 

And TM takes the Winter Cup....

39 minutes ago, Gerrymir00 said:

And TM takes the Winter Cup....

Indeed, for my old mates Bevan Wilson..from Dunstan..he’s 5 days older than me….and Robyn ( née Cochrane )

Today feels like a step back in time …old style racing with the cream rising to the top 

And now Ellis Winsloe wins the last…I was first jockey for his father Ted for a while …I ride 14 winners that Ted trained and owned, yes owned, with his mates, as in had shares in, in one racing calendar year ….and the old bugger only gave me one modest sling 

It’s a bit of a nostalgia day today I have to say 

10 hours ago, Charlie Bukowski said:

$25 gate fee, farkn ludicrous, not for today, idiots !

I assume you are talking entry to Riccarton? If so have to agree, $25 is over the top at any meeting. Those $ would be better going thru the tote. Riccarton National day is a farce with no jumpers in the Sth Island, so why make all the north owners pay to travel there? How long can you put up 50k for 4-7 horses to chase? With Aucklands hill gone that is stuffed as well. I like the jumps, they often don"t provide a betting option for me, but as time goes by are they done here? Shame on wanting $25.00 entry in this day and age, just how much would or did they get at that cost?

26 minutes ago, premixer said:

Even funnier they are trying to charge $25 fee for Wednesdays synthetic meeting.

Seems they dont want patrons on course ...they dont like atmosphere or making money on course from all the different outlets food, beverage and punting...makes no sense...dinosaurs come to mind.

18 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Seems they dont want patrons on course ...they dont like atmosphere or making money on course from all the different outlets food, beverage and punting...makes no sense...dinosaurs come to mind.

Yep instant put off for me!
In this day and age you want to encourage as many on course as you can get.
I realise this is a premier jumps meeting or at least used to be but don't put obstacles in front of the public attending...leave the hurdles for the horses.
Admittance fees are for Melbourne Cups & Karaka Millions !

2 hours ago, Contentious said:

Who was the better rugby player P4 ? 

Something of a rhetorical question…..given that “the boot” was a legend of his time and could probably have kicked it a furlong on a good day, with a slight tailwind