RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mrzim

Michael walker

This is from Aussie racing website Racing.com, Doctors are planning to reduce the level of Michaell Walkers sedation. 

Doctors will slowly look to bring Michael Walker out of sedation as the Group 1 hoop continues to make positive progress after a fall on Monday.

Walker was riding in a jump out at Pakenham on Monday morning when the horse he was riding collapsed.

The 38-year-old was treated by paramedics before being transported to the Alfred Hospital by helicopter.

Walker was placed in an induced coma, suffering serious head trauma following the fall. Initial scans on Monday afternoon cleared walker of any internal injuries or spinal damage.

However he remained sedated given the seriousness of his concussion.

VJA boss Matt Hyland told Racing.com doctors were aiming to slowly take Walker out of sedation on Wednesday.

"He remains in ICU and is still under sedation. The docs are going to look to reduce the sedation through the night and into this morning," Hyland said.

"They will gradually bring him round. He's had a fairly heavy concussion, so the fact they are doing that (bringing him out of sedation) is obviously fairly positive.

"They will monitor as they progress with him."

Racing.Com

Tim Yeatman

Injured jockey Michael Walker has been transferred to a rehabilitation facility as he continues his long recovery after a horrific fall at the Pakenham jumpouts earlier in August.

The 38-year-old was airlifted to hospital and placed in an induced coma for several days after suffering severe head injuries and he says his recovery is painstakingly slow.

"I'm in the rehab centre now, the rehab is a process of getting me going again, I'm pretty flat," Walker said.

"I'm a fair way off being who I was before the fall. Whether it's physically or mentally I'm just getting the rehab done. I'm doing well enough."

Initial scans cleared Walker of any internal or spinal injuries, but the popular rider says he is still in significant discomfort and has zero recollection of the incident.

"I'm in a lot of pain, my back is absolutely killing me," Walker said.

"I'm actually trying to walk around as much as I can because it actually makes my back feel better, every time I lay down it's pretty painful.

"Whenever I've had head injuries before, even when I've got knocked out, I've remembered everything, whereas this one I remember nothing.

"I don't remember the morning, don't remember who I was speaking to, don't remember the fall - any of it."

Walker said the staff at Epworth have been a great support network as he continues along his road to recovery.

"The Epworth is an amazing place, amazing people, they are doing a great job in caring for me," Walker said.