RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tripple alliance

Awapuni Synthetic almost ready.

The trials scheduled for Otaki on Tuesday 9 August have been cancelled due to the extremely wet weather and wet tracks in the central region over the past weeks. NZTR and RACE are looking at the possibility of scheduling a set of trials on the synthetic track at Awapuni on Thursday 18 August. This will be confirmed or otherwise next week.

5/8/    Synthetic Track Update

We are delighted to be able to report that training has commenced on the all-weather synthetic track at Awapuni. 9000 tonnes of new surface was laid in good time and with the new running rail delayed until mid  August due to manufacturing issues, the decision was made to relocate Trentham’s rail to Awapuni so it could speed up the deployment of the synthetic track for training. Initial planning for the synthetic track involved a series of evaluations and trials until racing commenced in May next year, but reports are emerging that it could be pressed into more formal levels of activity far earlier.

6 hours ago, shaneMcAlister said:

Well here is the course proper that they race on in less than 20 days.

awapuni.jpg

Alot can change in 20 days , for better or worse but they could transfer to Woodville , I doubt they would risk running races on the synthetic until it's been well and truly tested with trials and jump outs which makes me wonder , does the delay with the Levin Clubs initial members meeting have anything to do with the trials debut on the synthetic track , the meeting is now 3 days after the synthetic trials have been held , if the trials are successful it's quite a strong demonstration of the future and what Levin will be up against when it comes to jump outs, something that those wanting to end the clubs association with the Levin track  will no doubt high light .

28 minutes ago, Snapper said:

Did anyone notice that the synthetic at awapuni today is a completely different colour to Cambridge is it a different mixture ?

Different Sand  used

44 minutes ago, Abernant said:

Cambridge race dates 31 Aug, 14 and 28 Sept, 12 Oct, then 17 May   what happens from Oct to May .?

The weather is theoretically good and so we race on turf tracks. The AW is just for low-quality winter racing and training.

11 hours ago, Contentious said:

Race seems to be an 'in-house' group - is Big Al still involved?

Big Al was sent on his way so I understand.

Having said that, I also understand that he was the go-between trying to pull Levin and RACE together, which I think is still a work in progress.

Someone might be able to correct or update me on that.