RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
scooby3051

How Will Riccarton Stand Up

So who takes the blame for the failure of noms for the jumping races, did they get out and canvas people to come, did they offer incentives to get people to send horses down, did they have any idea how many would enter...I would answer no to all of the above and nobody will be held to account...may be a good thing anyway as the track is rooted...and not in a good way...they stuffed it years ago leaving tons of topsoil off...just another stuff up that has ruined a once great track surface.Well done muppets.

There are a few more coming down for day 2 and 3 that I know of.

To be fair the club have been pretty good to deal with, I enquired a few weeks ago and although I've only got one jumper they have been keeping in touch ect all the way along.  

What happens after this year hmmm, hard to see them having the national carnival going forward is it.  

I had a bit of an idea, I wonder if every year the 'national carnival' could have tender like process, any club at the start of the season could put forward what can offer and whoever has the best offer get the carnival that season. Whether it be good stakes, travel subsidies, jumps rider points series, amateur series where they get a couple of races each of the 3 days.  Just something to make a point of difference in what would become a long boring winter without that Riccarton winter carnival we all look forward to. 

15 hours ago, Pam Robson said:

Doesn't seem that keeping connections informed is a high priority.

Doesn't that just sum them up...they seem to have no idea of keeping people in the loop...and they treat the customer like they dont matter...lets see how that ends up for those involved.

To be fair preliminary noms (25 horses for the 3 jumps races) would indicate that they will be a ok

8 for National hdle 1 dbl nom

10 for mdn hdle 2 dbl nom

7 0-2 Stpl  1 dbl nom

Looks like they have been in touch with connections after all

Good on them

9 minutes ago, uneasy said:

To be fair preliminary noms (25 horses for the 3 jumps races) would indicate that they will be a ok

7 0-2 Stpl  1 dbl nom

Good on them

Dont agree mate they said they would announce yesterday what was going on with the remainder of the jumping races and they never announced anything...hard to defend the undefensable ...if you say you gonna do something then you should do it...I am sure  you would agree with me on that.

4 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Dont agree mate they said they would announce yesterday what was going on with the remainder of the jumping races and they never announced anything...hard to defend the undefensable ...if you say you gonna do something then you should do it...I am sure  you would agree with me on that.

How do you or anyone know that they have not spoken to those who have indicated they are coming, that’s the noms so far and they don’t officially close till tomorrow!!

2 minutes ago, uneasy said:

How do you or anyone know that they have not spoken to those who have indicated they are coming, that’s the noms so far and they don’t officially close till tomorrow!!

They said they would "announce" what was happening for the remainder of the carnival yesterday...still to see any announcement...or did I miss something.

11 hours ago, uneasy said:

7 0-2 Stpl  1 dbl nom

Good on them

How do you know the nominations when they close tomorrow?